(Closed) July 2013 Brides, What do you have left to do?!

posted 5 years ago in July 2013
Post # 3
165 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@dancingfox:  I feel ya, I have 133 days til my wedding and I still have to put together my invitations (making from scratch) pick out music for the ceremony, and formal dances. still have to book my hair, need a makeup trial, still have to get the rings, dress fittings starting in April. Pick out tuxes for groom and groomsmen. Order my linens, update my registry, purchase veil and accessories. Find transportation, work on my program fans, menus, not looking forward to creating a seating chart.

Honestly, it’s a few projects over the next couple months and I don’t think it will be as bad as I imagine, but it certainly looks bad on paper, like Ive done nothing up to this point.

Post # 4
504 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@dancingfox:  

@plchansen:  

It is a lot to plan for. My checklist for this month is to

find bridesmaid dresses

choose photographer (we have 2 just need to pick one)

finalize invitation order (etsy)

visit a flower shop

ask someone in our congregation to marry us

So basically by the end of this month I plan on having the BIG stuff done, and then comes all the little stuff that are all over the place. 

Wedding planning is hard..

Post # 5
323 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Most of you sound like you are right on track. I have been using weddingwire.com and their checklist has helped to keep me sane. Are you guys using checklists? They really help to keep you organized, manage your time, and helps you to know you are covering everything you need to.

Post # 6
41 posts
Newbee

O thank goodness…we were just talking about this tonight and wondered how behind we were…we still have to:

Book transportation…find BM’s dress…GM’s suits…have a makeup/hair trial…decide on songs…look at rings…finish paper stuff (invitations…menus…seating cards)…pick our menu…buy shoes…favours…vows…

Hopefully you are right in assuming it wont be as bad as how it looks…we use excel checklists that 3 other brides have shared (totally great if you can borrow to help you stay on track and organized)and are slowly working our way down 🙂

Good luck!

Post # 7
350 posts
Helper bee

I have to: do my hair and makeup trial, get my dresses altered (just taken in), find a necklace to go with my ceremony earrings, find accessories for reception dress, make invitations (next week during march break), finish my pomanders, finish the cupcake liners, finish the DIY straws I made for the cocktail hour, make my cardbox, buy the jersey for the guest book, spray paint and build the net for the shooting for kisses, figure out how I want the place cards to be displayed

Post # 8
351 posts
Helper bee

This month I am ordering my wedding cake, finishing addressing and stamping invitations and then booking honeymoon! I also need to reserve a dance floor and a stage. After that it’s strickly just save, save, save to be able to pay final paymets for my vendors! Good luck you all you guys!

Post # 9
108 posts
Blushing bee

We are on the 20th and still have to do:

• invites (appointment on Thursday with graphic designer)
  • favours
  • Groom’s attire
  • Shoes- hopefully finding these on Friday
  • Finalize meal choices
  • Finalize decor (venue provides lots of choice, we just have to let them know what we want 
  • Nail out details with florist
  • Cake
  • Music selection
  • Finish making card box
  • seating plan
  • alterations

Post # 10
55 posts
Worker bee

I have been crazy with our wedding since the engagement last June… but it has all paid off.  With a full time job, twins and a son under 7 years old, every free moment has been DIY wedding crafts, booking the big stuff, but now, on the eve of 4 months till the wedding… I AM DONE!!!!!! 3 small things left, mail the invites first week of may, figure final seating chart after rsvp’s are in in June and pick up the wine, alcoholic and non-alcoholic for the banquet ( already decided on both).  Everyone said I was nuts to get everything done so quickly… but relief is how I feel now.

Post # 11
1159 posts
Bumble bee

I still have to finalise;

Band, DJ, Decorator, Menu, Honeymoon.

The topic ‘July 2013 Brides, What do you have left to do?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors