Post # 1
- So I’ve got the church and reception venue booked. Catering and cake is included at the venue
- I picked out my dress, shoes, and clutch.
- Limo deposit sent in.
- Photographer/Videographer set (my brother’s assistants :P)
- Am currently working on save-the-dates.
What has everyone else accomplished? Currently working on?
Am I behind on anything?! I have a date set at the end of December to go bridesmaid dress shopping (we already have an idea of what it will look like). And I know we should have a DJ already but leave one thing up to my Fiance and of course it doesn’t get done lol
I feel like it’s so hard to plan from a distance!!!
Post # 4
- Ceremony/reception venue booked with catering included
- Venue recently added system that allows us to do our own music (sweet!)
- Colors chosen for linens and seat decor
- Photographer booked and ideas/timing for e-pic almost finalized
- In discussions with a few bakeries for options
- Dress ordered and should be in this month (FabulousU)
- Invitations almost chosen (FI needs to pick his favorite from the finalists)
- Guest list finalized but still open to additions though not very many
- Honeymoon booked; only need to find acceptable sitter for dog
- Rings here!! Though Fiance needs to switch his out for anoter size
- Online STD’s sent out
My bff is my Maid/Matron of Honor and only attendant, and I told her to pick something out for herself in the correct color (pewter). I’m waiting to pick out accessories until I see myself in the dress since I altered the neckline and added straps. Fiance and the best man have a general idea of what they’re going to wear, and I’m leaving that up to them. If he ends up wanting something super specific, I might go back to FabulousU or with Jasmine’s to get him what he needs. We’re finalizing our discussions on what we want from our officiant before I start that search.
Currently I’m working on my flowers, pomanders for centerpieces, and my second wreath (all felt). I’m also idly shoe shopping to see if I find a pair I absolutely have to have. If not, I’ll pick something for height and go from there. *Phew* I feel like the next 7 months are going to fly by.
Post # 6
okay so it sounds like I need to get going on my flowers too!
It’s so hard to pick things out like the invitations and such because Fiance says he wants input but whenever I bring it up he doesn’t want to talk about it! So aggravating!
Post # 7
- church is booked, our counseling starts in the spring
- reception site was the first thing done (friends backyard)
- save the dates ordered today!!! (can’t tell you how excited i am about that)
- hog has been ordered for the reception dinner
- wedding cake baker has been notified
- photographer booked
- colors picked
- bridal party mostly set (still debating one girl)
next on my list is my dress and bridesmaid dresses
Post # 8
- ceremony/reception site booked
- officiant set (groom’s BFF/mutual friend from my college)
- caterer booked
- bar service booked
- photographer booked
- purchased my dress used (but need a few alterations)
- one of my 2 bridesmaids has ordered her dress (from jcrew, my Maid/Matron of Honor wants to try hers on in store)
- Save-The-Date Cards designed and sent a few weeks ago (Friday wedding so I wanted to give as much time as possible)
- Rented a house for the week on Lake Champlain!
- We’re doing iPod DJ and we have a really good start to our playlist!
- Not doing a cake – I’m planning on making cheesecakes and having some other relatives make a few pies. I’m going to do a test run to see how freezing a cheesecake would work out over Christmas.
- Flowers – we’re doing PYO flowers the week of the wedding and doing the arrangements ourselves. I need to figure out what we’re going to do for vases!
Currently working on hotel rooms for our guests – Tomorrow I need to call the hotel where we’re going to reserve a block to finalize that. I’m also working on designing our invites with my little brother who is good with photoshop. Hopefully we can finish those when we’re together over Xmas. I also am going to order fabric in the next week or so so that we can start working on table runners.
Post # 9
- Church booked/Pre-Cana done
- Reception hall booked
- Photographer booked
- DJ booked
- Engagement photo’s taken and printed
- Photo guestbook done
- Flowers chosen-paying deposit next week!
- Dress bought
- Fiance and my wedding bands bought
- Save the Date’s sent out
I still need to book pre-wedding night and wedding night suite, book the honeymoon, go with bridesmaids to pick out their dresses, select invitations, finish centerpeices, get the table linens, rent the dance floor, book the caterer/bar service (I’m super slacking in this one!!), and the transportation/limo. And of course finish all the little DIY details I want at the reception.
Post # 10
So far I have:
- purchased wedding dress
- bridal shoes
- chosen Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses
I’ll be choosing cake this weekend and finishing up my STD’s and getting them in the mail. Then after the new year I’ll get started on my DIY invitations.
Unfortunately there is some big event going on in my area during my wedding weekend and I have not been able to book a hotel room block for my out of town guests. Totally stressing me out!
Post # 11
So the inn that my wedding is at only has 25 rooms. I made sure that the bridal party and our grandparents and siblings, etc got first dibs on those rooms. I posted the information for several nearby hotels on our wedding website and directed people to the information. Part of me thinks that should be good enough and I shouldn’t have to spoon feed this to my guests. They are adults and should be able to book a hotel themselves and I’ve got plenty of other things I need to get done. I don’t want one more thing to stress about. But another part of me is thinking maybe there is something else I should be doing for them since it is an inconvenience that they can’t stay on location.
Post # 12
- colors decided
- Photog booked & deposit paid
- engagment pics taken & back
- website up & running (minus some details we haven’t finalized yet)
- dj booked
- officiant taken care of (my dad)
- rehearsal venue booked (have to wait until 6mos. out to book ceremony venue)
- decided on hotels for room blocks (been procrastinating the negotiation part)
- honeymoon decided (we’re putting off booking as my Fiance seems to think his mom would like to gift it to us)
- passports ready to go
- my dress is picked (but its custom from Dolly Couture so it’ll be a while before I actually see it)
- guest list & alternative list finalized
- ceremony finished (but will probably need alterations between now & then)
- started collecting driftwood for our centerpieces but I need so much more!
I really need to get on it & find my florist, baker, & co-ordinator!
Post # 14
@PinkAndPearls2013: Maybe do a welcome bag for any guests at a different hotel? I honestly agree about not having to spoon feed your guests, but if you wanted to keep something like that as a back up plan.
Post # 15
-dress purchased and is in
-ceremony and reception locations booked
-photographer and videographer booked
-chose bridesmaid dresses and informed BMs
-sent out save the dates
-bought wedding bands
Still left to do….book limo, ceremony musicians, finish designing invitations, figure out card box, design programs, meet with cake baker to design and taste our cake, decide what to do about place cards, get dress fitted, buy wedding shoes, buy gifts for bridal party, figure out what styles I want for my hair trials, book hair trials and I’m sure there are plenty of other things I still need to do!!!
Post # 16
1. Venue booked, photographer booked, officiant booked, florist booked
2. General idea for food done – we’re doing it ourselves
3. Dress, shoes, jewelry bought
4. Bridesmaid dresses picked – Grandma about to start making them
5. DIY projects done – cardbox, unity candle, guest book, centerpieces, pie stands, general decor
6. Invites designed, backings glued together
7. Registries done
8. 1st half of honeymoon booked (finishing reservations this week)
Currently working on:
1. Premarital classes (start in 2 weeks)
2. Rehearsal Dinner plans
3. Music (no DJ, just my brother running iPod)
4. Printing Invites
5. Making Flower Girl basket
I feel like we’re pretty ahead of the game. The summer is really busy for us so I wanted to get as much done as possible while we can.