(Closed) July 2013 ladies…

posted 6 years ago in July 2013
Post # 3
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@MissEMich:  Well, we still have to finalize DJ. I’m having a hard time picking between 2, so am hoping that our face to face meetings will help me narrow down the selection. I have my florist, photographer, venue, and dress, but the big things I still need are cake, DJ, and caterer. We had a caterer, but then they got in a fight with the venue and refused to sign on unless the venue waived their caterer fee. So, now I’m on the hunt for a new caterer.

I figure once I get my DJ, caterer, and cake sorted out I’ll start focusing on hair and make-up. I’m quickly finding out that I hate wedding planning. LOL.

Post # 4
3720 posts
Sugar bee

I swear I am almost done. We have the church, priest, pre-marital counseling, reception, food, dress, cupcakes, dj, and florist. Oh, and save the dates are out, invitations are created, favors are picked out and favor boxes are in. The bridesmaids dresses are in and need to be altered, hair and makeup needs to be confirmed, and invitations need to be printed. It is strange to have all tge big things done!

Post # 5
3720 posts
Sugar bee

I swear I am almost done. We have the church, priest, pre-marital counseling, reception, food, dress, cupcakes, dj, and florist. Oh, and save the dates are out, invitations are created, favors are picked out and favor boxes are in. The bridesmaids dresses are in and need to be altered, hair and makeup needs to be confirmed, and invitations need to be printed. It is strange to have all tge big things done!

Post # 6
88 posts
Worker bee

I think I started planning A LOT earlier than other July ’13 brides did… I feel awfully crazy sometimes.

Wedding date is 7/6/2013 and I have the following planned/booked:

Church

Priest

Venue

Cake

Band

Photographer

Lighting Company

Florist

Limousine

Wedding Dress (at home)

Wedding Bands (at home)

Bridesmaid Dresses (ordered)

Bridal Party Gifts (at home, wrapped)

Registry done (Macy’s and BB&B)

Hair Stylist

Make-up Artist

Food Tasting scheduled

…. ANYTHING I’VE MISSED?? I’ve started DIY projects as well. Votives, cake topper, cake stand, etc. – We initially wanted to get married on 7/13/2013 but when I went to secure the date last September, it was already taken. That clearly scared me into planning and booking everything else extremely early as well. I guess I’m just a planner… LOL.

Post # 7
4687 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Upstate NY

@Beijocanaboca- It’s ok! I’m a little nutso too: we have booked the venue, caterer/ cake (which I could not care less about), DJ & uplighting, photographer, room hotel block, limo, judge (family friend), ceremony mostly finalized, our hotel night booked, bought linens, started DIY centerpieces, had floral meeting re: bouquets and ordering hydrangeas, have bridal party, bought 1/2 their gifts, the dress, my makeup/ hair lady (don’t know about BM’s though!!), sent STD’s, commissioned sister as graphic designer for paper goods, rough drafted the programs and seating cards, registry was done in February haha. I HAVE to do things way ahead of time, it’s so annoying.

Centerpieces but with pink and green:

Post # 8
88 posts
Worker bee

@lealorali:  Glad I am not the only crazy one!! 🙂 You’ve reminded me of things I need to get done as well! Lol. I tried calling the hotel to place blocks on it for that weekend, although they are not able to because it is a holiday weekend… PHENOMENAL. That means I just need to get my invitations out a little earlier than expected I guess, which is fine with me! LOL.

The whole planning process has been fun, but stressful at times. Anyone agree? I’ve been keeping everything (receipts, contracts, business cards, pictures, ideas) all nice and organized in my wedding binder. Thank goodness or else this would be a hell of a mess.

Post # 10
4687 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Upstate NY

I don’t like when people are snarky about me getting stuff done outrageously early. Brides become bridezillas when they DON’T plan in time and feel stressed!

I’m already starting to have the “I’m at the ceremony but not ready to get married, wearing the wrong dress, hair’s not done” nightmares. Sigh. 

Post # 11
107 posts
Blushing bee

Venue, officiant & photographer are booked. Ordered my dress this morning. Invitations received and print layout ready to go (waiting to print until closer to the date, in case we change times or other details). Contacted a rental company about some decorations, but haven’t reserved any yet. Haven’t booked a florist yet, because I’m very seriously considering doing the bouquets, boutonierres and arrangements myself (need very few, as we are not having attendants).

Post # 13
351 posts
Helper bee

@lealorali:  Shut.Up. I’ve been having those nightmares too! TWICE! Mine were like “OMG! The wedding’s today and I don’t have anything!!” or I was wearing the wrong dress, forgot to do my nails or forgot to book a caterer. It’s almost pathetic having a near panic attack when you wake up going like ‘c’mon, it’s 7 months before the wedding..why am i having these now?!’

Post # 14
3 posts
Wannabee

Well, it is definately close.  So far I have the flowers and wedding cake done and both will be delivered at the same time to the venue.  DJ is done, final fitting for my dress is next week, getting tux’es ordered this week, did DIY center pieces (finished 4 months ago) and they look great). Venue, food and decor for venue is finished. Photographer is booked, Justice of the Peace is booked. Rings are in the house.  Have to send my engagement ring to be polished 3 weeks before the ceremony so all are nice a shiney.   Still have to purchase gifts for bridal party, suggestions would be great. Other than that I can’t think of anything else.  Our wedding will cost a grand total of $4000.00 many of the items were DIY and bought and put together with the help of friends and turned out great.

My one hang up is my HAIR….can’t find a style I like can anyone suggest a good site to go to???

Thanks

Cathy

Victoria BC Canada

Post # 15
2665 posts
Sugar bee

@Cdneh9:  I am in the same exact place re: hair. I can’t figure out what I want. Well, more precisely, I can’t make up my mind, lol. Everytime I think THIS IS IT, there’s another hairstyle that grabs my attention.

Centerpieces need to be completed, and I need to finish the flowers (wrap my bouquet and make the bouts).

The topic ‘July 2013 ladies…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors