(Closed) July 2013 pt 4! New Year, New Things!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: what do you THINK youre having?!

boy

girl

2 girls

2 boys

1 boy/1 girl

what would you prefer to have?! (besides healthy babe 10 fingers 10 toes!)

boy

girl

either or, really!

• Post # 152
    1202 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

I really need to cover my greys… I read it’s not that dangerous but best to wait until 2nd trimester… are any of you ladies going to be dying your hair while preg?

Post # 153
    409 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @CindyRelly:  I havent dyed my hair since the end of Feb last year so i’ve decided to stick it out and see how long I can go and whether I actually have any greys. So far, so good. I haven’t actually researched the topic at all but I do know people that have dyed their hair whilst preg.

Post # 154
    620 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
    @katlovesjames:  super cute! love it!

View original reply
    @CindyRelly:  I highlighted my hair even in the first tri – from what I have read (and what my dr. said), highlights or other color that doesn’t touch your scalp is fine, but all over color that sits on your scalp is more risky bc the chemicals can seep through your skin into your bloodstream.

Post # 155
    1202 posts
    Bumble bee

Darn I really need an all over color.. at 37 I am getting GREYS!!!  I will ask my Dr.. .I just want to use the “in the box:” kind… so maybe it’s not too harsh?  If it is I’ll see if my bff (hairdresser) can do it a bit off of my scalp.

Post # 156
    817 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

Hay ladies, have not been on in a few days. Yesterday was horrible. I was so nauseous ALL day I could not function at all. I had to call my Dad to come get my son and take him to school for me because I didn’t think I could drive. Ugh why is it getting worse rather than better? I am not vomiting, just really bad nausea and horrid headaches.

I have not gained any weight either that I know of but I still have major bloat above my belly button. I had a gut before but seriously the top of my stomach is just so OUT there lol  The differences in my pregnancies so far is a lot. I think it has to do with me being older now. (about 5 years and I am in my 30’s now)

View original reply
    @CindyRelly:  I don’t plan on dying but I may have with my first pregnancy, was in the 2nd tri or 3rd if I did. I do know that.

View original reply
    @katlovesjames: Aww such cute u/s pics and you are having a BOY!! Congrats! Love the baby announcement too. Very cute! 

View original reply
    @Blondee: Our next appt is Jan 30th I’ll be 16w4d so not that appt but hoping I can schedule one for the week of Feb 11th ( I will be 18w the sat before) I have a feeling they will not schedule me til the week of Feb 25th though and I am telling you I will not wait that long! lol  

Post # 157
    620 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
    @CindyRelly:  I think some places or brands have more “organic” dyes like vegetable dye etc that might be safer also…I’m sure your dr. will have suggestions!

View original reply
    @Izzy81:  I have felt worse this week than most of the time before!  I had random bouts of nausea throughout the first tri, but only threw up once – and in the last week, I have vomited three times. (I know that’s still not too terrible compared to some ladies who are sick every day, but it’s just weird that it seemed to take a dive into worse territory after 12 weeks).  I agree – when is it getting better?!

Post # 158
    496 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
    @CindyRelly:  I would go with your hairdresser. I have been told it is safe in the second trimester, but you want to avoid ammonia and be in a well ventilated area. A hairdresser will use a brush to put it directly on the hair folicles so there is less of it sitting on the scalp.

Post # 159
    920 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I have been doing this each week and this week is by far my fav. Getting so big! 🙂

12w3d  today!

View original reply
    @katlovesjames:  LOVE your announcement! I just love dogs. My parents have always had 5-9 so for some reason I find comfort in pets!  We used ours for our announcement too – i think it ended up being at the very end of the part 3 thread. 

We plan to get the gender scan on March 1st which will be exactly 20 weeks!  There are SO many optional scanning places around here – one about 5 minutes away that does a 2d gender scan for 60 dollars, but we just want to wait.  We are having fun waiting and just experiencing everything! 🙂

I know you guys are going to hate me for this but I LOVE being pregnant!! If I could just figure out a way to enjoy food again, I would seriously feel better pregnant than not pregnant!  I have been eating carbs CONSTANTLY lately! 4 clementines at least every day, macaroni, mashed potatos, cereal, toast…. its terrible!! I have been drinking a couple protein shakes a day which helps with my meat aversion.

When will the aversions end??? Or do they?

Post # 160
    1202 posts
    Bumble bee

Thanks for the tips, ladies!

View original reply
    @MrsB1015:  where do you get your size comparisons?  I want to keep track too and lately have just been going off of yours LOL.. last week my one book said “large lime” for 11 weeks. Now babycenter says “lime” for 12!  So confused. The genetics lady told me yesterday the baby was only “this big” holding her fingers apart 1/2 “… I was like NUH UH!

I hit a brick wall today. Felt great all morning now I’m suddenly nauseous, exhausted and crampy. Ugh.

Post # 161
    920 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
    @CindyRelly:  Oh my gosh, I know!! I keep seeing different fruit comparisons!! I just decided to go solely with thebump.com.  The article is called “How Big is Baby” and it says its your baby, week-by-week.  I did use the kiwi in place of the prune because i just didnt want prunes lying around my house, I would actually eat a kiwi. LOL!

Haha – i would have said the same thing to the genetics lady.  What do you know lady? Your just a doctor! Go check the internet! haha.

Who knows if it is actually right… just fun! 🙂

Post # 164
    2402 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    @CindyRelly:  I will definitely be highlighting my hair throughout my pregnancy. I do blonde foils/highlights, though – not an all over color. My doctor said it is safe, but to wait until closer to second trimester. I scheduled an appointment for next Wednesday – I will be exactly 12 weeks then. I can’t wait any longer, my hair is driving me crazy! I know a few girls at my work colored their hair during the first trimester and their babies are perfectly fine, but better to be safe than sorry.

Post # 165
    445 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

I’m a hairdresser and coloring your hair is fine. The chemicals don’t ago from your scalp to your bloodstream or any of that. The biggest concern to have really is the fact that the hormones sometimes cause the color to process differently ( more brassy, doesn’t hold as well, stuff like that).

Post # 166
    1202 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @MrsB1015:  haha! I should have corrected her;)  The sites I look at say Lime this week (although I also saw last week was a lime.. a large lime, in fact) and the week after a large shrimp. But…. shrimp are smaller than limes. ACK!

The topic ‘July 2013 pt 4! New Year, New Things!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors