(Closed) July 2014 Mommies- part 2

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What are you looking forward to most this holiday season- I know, it's hard to choose!

Making holiday cookies/treats

Holiday decorations

Holiday music

Watching holiday movies

Sharing my pregnancy news!

Going to holiday parties/ gatherings

Gift giving/ receiving

Going ice skating, seeing the nutcracker or some other holiday event

Having some time off with my family

• Post # 302
    1332 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

@BOGB:  Booohiss to MS. Mine didnt leave until 22ish weeks. My advice is to make sure you never get too hungry. Unisom and B6 worked wonders too. And be careful with the zofram….it stops flow from uhhhh other places too. *hugs*

Post # 303
    Hostess
    7941 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper

@MrsAKSkier: 

View original reply
    @Wellington Bride:  Thanks ladies for your thoughts! I am trying to remain optimistic. Best wishes to you both and here’s to healthy pregnancies all around.

Post # 304
    86 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2015

I told my two bosses yesterday that I am pregnant!!! I was so nervous as I was jokingly told when I got the job three years ago that I ‘wasn’t allowed to get pregnant’. Even if they weren’t pleased they pretended- am so so relieved!! I can’t tell you how worried I was about this and feel a huge weight off my shoulders- thank goodness!

@SoontobeMrsAM:  I read you post this morning and I was like, no sore gums- lucky me! By this afternoon my gums are so sore I can’t imagine cleaning my teeth!!! Serves me right eh? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 305
    429 posts
    Helper bee

@Lyndzo:  thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ How are you doing? You must be nearly ready to meet your LO! I’m in the airport now waiting for 10 hr flight to Bahamas. Can’t wait to be on a beach, tho not looking forward to being on cramped plane all day!

Post # 306
    183 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

@pink_sherbert:  Cutest scan ever!! Enjoy the Bahamas, I would kill to be going on holiday now.

View original reply
    @pittgirl4:  I got mine on Feb 25th! Super excited to see bub again!!

View original reply
    @SweetartMD:  Haha great pics!

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  We had our 12 week scan when I was 11w2d.  We told siblings and extended family after the scan, and most of our friends knew by 12 weeks.  Did a FB announcement just after 12 weeks.  Its such an amazing feeling telling everyone.  Try not to worry too much!

Post # 307
    885 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

@lovemygsp:  22 weeks…oy vey! Thanks for the tip on the b6 and unisom. I will definitely have to look into it. And I hear you on the side effects of zofran :/  Hope you and baby girl are doing well!!

Post # 308
    885 posts
    Busy bee

@Treejewel19:  I told family very early hut waited until after my first OB appt to tell a close group of girlfriends and my boss which was about 13+4

View original reply
    @polly-pocket:  glad your bosses took it well…always a big relief!

View original reply
    @pink_sherbert:  Bahamas!? So jealous. Have a fantastic time!

Post # 309
    885 posts
    Busy bee

@Lyndzo:  (not so) patiently awaiting the arrival of Quinn….cannot wait ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 310
    6580 posts
    Bee Keeper

@pink_sherbert:  I am SO jealous, I wish I could be on a beach!  I’m 2 days from my EDD and going crazy LOL

Post # 311
    1218 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

@pittgirl4:  We opted not to wait for the anatomy scan and did a jack and jill test at the local genetic center. We already found out that we are team pink! But I do have the full anatomy scan scheduled for February 27.

Post # 312
    1168 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

@MrsAKSkier:  I’m just seeing your post about midwives (138), but I am seeing a midwife. I belong to a huge medical group and one of the offices is a midwife/ob office. They have four of each. I will be seeing the midwife the whole way through unless I have complications.  I will be delivering in a hospital though.  I had my first appointment at 8 weeks. I just had my 12 week appointment. So far I am liking it.  How are you liking it so far?  I will continue reading to see if you already answered this.

Post # 313
    885 posts
    Busy bee

@hotpinkbride:  woohoo…gender announcements already. congrats on baby girl!

I used to be soooo sure I wanted to know the gender, but I’ve gone this far (a whole 14 weeks..lol) not knowing so now I’m not sure if I want to find out or not.  I know DH wants to know but I’m on the fence. 

Post # 314
    1168 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

Just catching up on this thread…

@lolita39:  I am starting to notices darker longer hairs on my stomach (like a happy trail, but I’m NOT happy!!!).  I am normally a very hairless person. I don’t even have to shave my thighs.  I’m also blond, so that helps with hair being less visable… until now… ๐Ÿ™

View original reply
    @the_newlymintedmrs-s17:  Me too on the citrus.  Oranges and juice like crazy!

View original reply
    @Treejewel19:  We announced to my parents after our 8 week ultrasound.  We announced to DH’s parents 2 days before the 12 week ultrasound because my Father-In-Law was going to be out of town while we had the ultrasound and we wanted to tell them (MIL and FIL) together.  We told everyone else after the 12 week ultrasound.  We waited so long to tell DH’s parents in case something happened and so that they didn’t have to keep the secret very long.  I would do it this way again next time assuming I feel as good as I do this time.

Post # 315
    254 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

@hotpinkbride:  so awesome! Congrats on team pink ๐Ÿ™‚ do you have any name ideas yet?

Post # 316
    2797 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

@MrsBG:  Hi! So my deal is a group of midwives at a birth center. I think there are seven midwives total. I see a different one at each appointment (monthly until I think 36 weeks, then weekly) so I get to know them all, that way whoever attends my birth will not be a stranger. So far I’ve seen two of them and liked them both. I mainly chose the birthing center for the birthing options they offer/allow. Their philosophy is interventions only as needed and not routine, also you can birth in a tub/move around/not be hooked up to stuff/etc. I do not have super strong feelings on a non-medicated “natural” birth over an epidural like some people might, but I would prefer to try to do it un-medicated in a supportive environment where that is the norm. So far I have not really told anyone but immediate family we are going the non-hospital route because I am scared people will pressure me or scare me about how I need to be in a hospital if something were to go wrong….Anyway, glad another July mom is going the midwife route- keep me posted on what you think of your care as well! My next appt is Feb 2nd.

The topic ‘July 2014 Mommies- part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors