(Closed) July 2014 Mommies- part 2

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What are you looking forward to most this holiday season- I know, it's hard to choose!

Making holiday cookies/treats

Holiday decorations

Holiday music

Watching holiday movies

Sharing my pregnancy news!

Going to holiday parties/ gatherings

Gift giving/ receiving

Going ice skating, seeing the nutcracker or some other holiday event

Having some time off with my family

• Post # 437
    923 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @jennyinstereo:  In my opinion it’s the best place to go, they have a good selection ( for VT!) and every time I’ve gone they’ve been really helpful/ nice, one of the employees talked to me about cloth diapers for an hour the other day, that’s good customer service!

Post # 438
    322 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
    @Moonbear17:  Amazing! I plan to cloth diaper, so that’s really good to know. I wonder if they have the diapers I want! I’m super excited now ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 439
    92 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
    @christinaval:  Thanks!! Do you know it the Quinny converts to a double stroller when we are ready to have our second? (I’d google if it does, but I’m on my phone– will look into it later though!)

View original reply
    @Moonbear17:  Thanks! The Navigator comes with a bassinet option as well, and the new version looks like it comes with a new auto stop feature- which is neat, and  it’s the only one that does that! However, As much as I love its capabilities in snow– I feel that its configurations when we have two little ones down the road will be limiting– doesnt seem to have many options where seats are facing me.. especially when there will be two. And the larger child can only sit in the larger seat. I’d like more flexibility so now I think Im leaning more towards the uppa baby vista like you.  I’ve also started seriously considering the City Select. I love the multiple variations AND most of all, I love that each seat has a 45lbs capacity–unlike most which limit where each child can be situated based on their size.

I guess the next step will be trying some out in person at the stores!

Post # 440
    544 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
    @SoontobeMrsAM: 

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I just felt my first kicks!!!!!! It was soooo scary!! I first thought its just my tummy after eating, because it was so much higher located than two days ago during my amniocentesis! But after the 3rd kick I put my hand on my tummy and it was so strong that I felt it CLEARLY from inside and outside! It was so scary, because I didnt expect it to be so strong!

I never felt anything like this before, like my emotions are going nuts!  lol!

Im so excited and hubby is at work and Im living with him i another country far from my home,  so I cant share this moment with anyone else ๐Ÿ™

After seeing my amniocentesis video I was shocked that I actually didnt feel any movement yet, caus it looks like Im having a wild, little monkey inside me!!! Here the video: http://youtu.be/ie1i7gnkO68

And now, two days later it finally happend ๐Ÿ™‚ Im so excited lol!!!

Anyone else feeling movements yet?

Post # 441
    1068 posts
    Bumble bee

Since we are close to getting to a new thread, I thought I’d post an updated list again. I loved the coloring of the list I saw on the June thread so I tried that out here.  Any new gender annoucements?

EDD

July 1 sunshinebee, albertalolita, mousiegirl

July 2 mspuppylove, marie011

July 3

July 4 miss.skinner, Tibbs

July 5 luvnseptember, spotts

July 6 Moonbear17

July 7 BOGB

July 8 leonard2, SoonToBee2013

July 9 pittgirl4

July 10

July 11 crystalrox

July 12 lolita39

July 13 mrsDD

July 14 pierce8

July 15 the newlymintedmrs-s17

July 16 luckoftheIrish12, christinaval, mickle707

July 17 miss_V

July 18 jennyinstereo, SoontobeMrsAM

July 19 mrs.amethyst, Taylor4

July 20 hotpinkbride

July 21 sweetartMD

July 22 tlynn, labmouse, ozziebee

July 23 simplyMrsN, macmint83

July 24 MrsAKSkier

July 25 NessQuick, graygoddess20, bloodgo1, goldlt83087

July 26 Mrs.BG, polly-pocket

July 27 

July 28 HappyCrickets

July 29  Mrs.Ouellette, Wellington Bride, pink sherbert

July 30

July 31 anonymous678

TBD MrsHRC, MrsBot

Post # 442
    1068 posts
    Bumble bee

To all of you researching and purchasing strollers, I feel so behind. I haven’t even begun to think about that or a lot of other things. eek! 

View original reply
    @SoonToBee2013:  How fun was your video and to feel kicks now – awesome!  I’m 17+3 and have felt nothing ๐Ÿ™ but hopefully soon.

Well ladies, off to see the OB…I’ll update if anything interesting comes up later.

Post # 443
    193 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @BOGB:  Love the list getting colourful! I’m team green but no rush to update! Thanks

Post # 444
    193 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @SoonToBee2013:  Yay how exciting! I’ve been feeling kicks this week too, they’re still very faint but I can def feel them – its the most amazing feeling ever!  I woke up the other morning and my whole bump had moved to the left!! I think LO found a nice corner to curl into on my left side! It was so weird looking!!

I’ve been researching the Stokke Xplory, the iCandy Peach and the Uppababy Vista strollers.  I think I need to go to a store to check them out in person. From what I can see online so far I think I like the iCandy the best.

Post # 445
    1068 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @MrsDD:  fixed it!

Post # 446
    309 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

I purchased the Britax Agile stroller on Black Friday because I found a good deal.  I saw on facebook yesterday, that depending on when it’s manufactured, there’s a recall for user finger amputation/ lacerations.  Mine didn’t fall within the time frame that they’re concerned with, but just wanted to let everyone know. 

Post # 447
    322 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
    @pittgirl4:  Thankfully, they are offering a free repair kit for the strollers that are affected so they can still be used.

Post # 448
    1348 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

I just wanted to share my good news with everyone… 

Since I couldn’t do the nuchal test because LO wanted to sleep, I got the AFP/Tetra test done on Monday. 

I got my results back and they are negative. Doc said it’s a really good sign! ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Also, LO is kicking away in there! 

Post # 450
    544 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I know most of you wont understand, but I just found out the sex and Im so sad and disappointed ๐Ÿ™ Im crying non stop since one hour ๐Ÿ™

I wanted a boy so bad because Im not into pink shit, barbies and glitter clothes!

and on top I asked the stupid clinic to send me an email before calling (this morning) and now 10 hours later they called my husband while I was peeing and told him the results are fine and its a girl. so he told me he knows and I said dont tell me, I wanna see it in the email… so whiile Im waiting for the fking email the talks to his father on the phone and tells him we’re having a girl!!!!

Like his fater knew before me!!!! a few daysa go we didnt know if hubby would be home for the ultrasound so I said I wont tell anyone the sex until I get to tell him in person… two fucking weeks later!! and he couldnt even shut up for a few minutes??

Im so hurt and disappointed! ๐Ÿ™

Post # 451
    3003 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
    @SoonToBee2013:  First of all, I am so sorry you found out in a shitty way! That wasn’t fair or considerate of your husband to disregard your feelings about it. It sucks that your Father-In-Law knew before you did! I would be pissed! And I know I’d be hurt and disappointed in my husband for doing that. Ok, on to having a girl- I also hate pink frilly girly shit, and part of the reason we are NOT finding out the sex is so that if it’s a girl I don’t want people giving us a bunch of that stuff. If it makes you feel any better, I never liked Barbies or any of that stuff and was proud to call myself a “tomboy.” Tell people you lwant gender neutral items to you can re-use them for future children, and tell people you prefer non-pink girly stuff. There’s still tons of cute clothes that aren’t over the top! There are so many cool things about having a daughter, I know you will be able to focus on that once your disappointment fades. A daughter! A big sister for your future children! I know gender disappointment sucks, many people go through it, but you will love your beautiful daughter so much.

The topic ‘July 2014 Mommies- part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors