(Closed) July 2014 Mommies – Part 3

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 166
2680 posts
Sugar bee

AlbertaLolita:  that’s what was keeping me away too, was terrible to go page by page to get to the last page. Much easier this way!

Post # 167
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

lolita39:  Thats funny! I love when she is in one spot, i like to gently grab her. I also love grabbing her little feetsies at 1 am (each night), when she massages my side lol

Anyone experiencing Braxton Hicks yet? I have been feeling some cramping for the past 3 days. It’s kind of creepy, because it reminds me that Im not far away anymore from becoming a mommy!

Post # 168
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Seems like this thread is dead ๐Ÿ™

Post # 169
528 posts
Busy bee

SoonToBee2013:  Hi, just logged onto this site for the first time in ages (really don’t like the new mobile version).

That’s so cute that you can make out your LO’s feet – I wish I could (only 27+5)…

Do you know how to join the facebook group most people here are apparently on?

Post # 170
142 posts
Blushing bee

SoonToBee2013: It is a little bit disappointing that it seems to have totally stalled since the new bee started.  

Post # 171
942 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Any updates from July bees? I know the board seems dead since the new bee, but I don’t use facebook so am completely out of the loop. Hope everything is going well and you’re all staying cool!

Post # 173
942 posts
Busy bee

BOGB:  I’m in the same boat! 35 weeks, I have an appointment this week and I’m going to check about the baby’s position.  I was doing some major cleaning this past week and I could noticably tell that the baby changed position. Now I’m just freaked out that he/she is breech! He/she was head down for the longest time… ๐Ÿ™  But the baby is now kicking on my left side and I haven’t been able to feel its butt sticking out… I’m hoping that it just now turned posterior (I think that’s the right term..towards my back?) 

That and I’ve been feeling sporadic cramps, nothing prolonged, but definitely crampy feeling. I’ll have to check with the doctor on that one too.  This baby could end up being a June one– but if it’s breech, I definitely want to give it as much as time as possible to flip again.

Other than that, the nursery can definitely still be organized and we haven’t had a shower yet, so I’m sure there will still be plenty of things that need to be put away soon. And no official name here either!! Last thing on my list, but probably most important ๐Ÿ˜‰  I suppose I should start on that hospital bag, did you get any good tips from friends about must haves to pack?

Post # 174
3008 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

tampalove35:  tampalove35:  Hi ladies! I’m still around and also didn’t join the FB group. You guys are way ahead of me in terms of readiness, but I’m only 32 weeks so that’s ok, right? We have our nursery painted, I’ve had my baby shower (so fun) and we’ve bought nursery furniture. Still a lot to do: car seat, stroller, cloth diapers, put together furniture, birth clases start this week, eek! We do have a boy and girl name finalized, though, so that’s something. We’re keeping the names secret from everyone and our family hates it haha. 

My baby had been breech at my last couple of appointments but at my 32 week appointment it was head down- nice. I didn’t want it to get too used to being breech and just settle in like that! I’m also worried it won’t stay that way and I have a hard time telling its position. I tell myself they can turn head down even at 38 weeks so there’s plenty of time!

Have you ladies been having Braxton Hicks? I have them a LOT, especially when I am exercising or when I have to pee. Sometimes it kinda freaks me out but my midwife said it’s normal…I’m hoping it’s helping me prepare for labor! 

Hope you both are doing great! I can’t believe we’re having babies NEXT month!!! Maybe this month for you ladies! So exciting.

Post # 175
879 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Hi ladies, good to see this thread is alive again ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m part of the FB group and it’s fantastic, but it’s also good to see this one still going and see how everyone else is!

MrsAKSkier:   I’m 32 weeks today, it’s crazy to know that some of the early July mums to be are hitting 36 weeks! Argh I can’t even imagine. We’re also keeping our name choices (have a short list) a secret and my family hates us for it too. Oh well!

tampalove35:   I’m glad your baby has turned! I need to pack my hospital bag too. First I actually need to buy a bag… I used my only non suitcase style bag to pack the baby bag weeks ago. I’m thinking snacks are important to pack so that’s top of my list right now. Except I actually need to write a list because I keep forgetting what else needs to go in…. baby brain ๐Ÿ™‚

BOGB:   35 weeks – awesome! You are getting so close now!

Maybe we could share some nursery progress/finished nursery pics here? We finished ours a week or two ago. I love going in and just sitting in the glider and thinking about what it’ll be like in 8 or so weeks. 

Post # 176
942 posts
Busy bee

MrsAKSkier:  prepare me for the braxon hicks, how can you tell they’re contractions? How painful are they? It’s crazy how fast time is flying; reality has not sunk in yet!!!!

Post # 177
3008 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

tampalove35:  I didn’t even realize I was having Braxton Hicks until I had one while the midwife was examining me and pointed it out! Then I was like, ooooh, right, duh. It feels like a lot of tension or tightness, either low down in your pelvis or higher up. Sometimes just part of the uterus contracts. If you touch your belly it will feel super hard until the BH is over. When I have one it makes me feel like I have to pee really really badly, like if you hold it for a long time, it is sort of that same feeling. It doesn’t hurt but the strongest ones are uncomfortable, like a sharp pinching tightness. I’ve been having them for weeks now but my friend said she never had a single one her entire pregnancy so maybe you won’t have any until the real deal! You can tell the difference between real contractions and BH in several ways. BH aren’t regular and don’t “hurt.” They will subside if you lay day/put your feet up/drink water/change positions, etc. Real contractions are regular, are painful or become painful, and don’t subside with activity or rest (they maybe just slow down). I just started having one as I was typing but it’s over now- no big deal. I think it is the uterus “getting in shape” for labor.

Post # 178
142 posts
Blushing bee

Hello, July mummy here still too.

MrsAKSkier:  Wellington Bride: I am also 32weeks, and cant quite believe it. Got most of the physical stuff ready for baby, but haven’t started the nursery yet.

Had a bit of a scare on Friday, was sent to the hospital by my midwife as i had swelling and protein in my urine, so had to spend 4 hours in labour ward attached to machines and getting bloods done to rule out pre eclampsia. So now Darling Husband has decided that this week I have to pack my bag

We also went for a 4D scan yesterday on our 1st wedding anniversary. It was so nice to see the wee one, although it didn’t behave and kept its arms in front of its face most of the time.

Post # 179
942 posts
Busy bee

MrsAKSkier:  hm, I’m wondering if those are what I’ve been feeling lately. But it feels more like really low menstrual cramps… I don’t notice a start and release of tension…just a constant dull pain for about 5 minutes and then it goes away.  The crampiness woke me up last night, but as soon as I laid down differently on the sofa the pain went away. Someone in my birthing class said she can literally watch her stomach tense– I do not notice this either when it happens.  I have an appointment Thurs. so I’ll have to ask the doct. then

The topic ‘July 2014 Mommies – Part 3’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors