(Closed) July 2014 Mommies – Part 3

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 182
3008 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

tampalove35:  I expected them to feel like cramps, but they definitely don’t, which I guess is why I was so clueless for so long that I was having them! I’m still having round ligament pain occasionally and that does feel more like a cramp, so maybe it’s that? Keep us posted, I’m curious about other people’s experiences as they get close to labor! 

BOGB:  Oh my gosh, so nice! I love your nursery! It is very cute without being “too much.” I will post pics of ours when it finally gets done- right now it is an empty room, haha. But at least the walls are painted!

Post # 183
1348 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

It’s so nice to see this thread up and going again! πŸ˜€ 

I’m 34 weeks now! Just had a doctors appointment yesterday and the baby is head down! Not sure if he’ll stay that way or not… He flip flops all of the time. 

I had been having some cramping, like my period was about to start, so they checked me and I was 0% effaced and 0 dilated. I’ve always been told that braxton hicks don’t hurt, but I’ve had a different sort of pain, sharper and tighter that makes me cringe a little. They always go away though and never increase in frequency or intensity. So, doc said that it’s all my “body preparing for labor”. …kind of tired of hearing that. 

I’ve gained 29 pounds! 0.0 Met with a nutritionist and have another follow up meeting in a few weeks. 

Nursery is coming along well! We painted months ago, have all the furniture put together, and I’ve made a lot of crafts. This weekend is the baby shower so we’ll finalize everything and I’ll post some pictures! I still have some more crafty stuff to do before it’s all done! Our dog seems to think that his room is hers now and loves laying on the soft shag rug we got to put in there!

Already took birthing classes and a breast feeding class. Breastfeeding class was really really helpful! 

Packing our hospital bag next week! πŸ™‚ 

Meeting with the pediatrician today! I’m really excited about that. 

BOGB:  LOVE the nursery and all of the books you already have!! πŸ˜€ 

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  lolita39.
Post # 185
942 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

BOGB:  ADORABLE!!! We don’t have much of a nursery, as we also happen to be in the process of moving this summer..yikes!  We are just putting a crib in our room for now and storing all other baby supplies in the spare bedroom/hubbys closet. 

MrsAKSkier:  good to know that they feel different than cramping– I was just chalking it up to braxon hicks at this point but maybe I should be more concerned. 

lolita39:  Don’t worry, I’m pushing 40lbs right now!! People tell me I’m ‘all baby’ but I can tell the weight gain. I did a bad job of exercising regularly; my job has me moving around a lot, but other than that it was a lazy winter. I’m ready to have my body back.  We also did birthing class, but I realllly didn’t want to spend another weekend with breastfeeding class, but I know it’s probably something that’s so worth it and underrated.  

I’m glad everyone is well; it will be super exciting to see the babies come πŸ™‚ 

Post # 186
1348 posts
Bumble bee

tampalove35:  I get told the same thing! That I’m “all baby” and “carrying well” …I kind of laugh a little every time someone says something to that nature. My doctor still has me meeting with a nutritionist though. I’m having more of an issue getting good exercise in now that my feet start swelling and LO pushes on my bladder. It gets discouraging having to sit down every so often. This humidity is killing me too! I’m with you, I’m ready to have my body back. 

I actually found the breastfeeding class to be more helpful just because I didn’t know a whole lot about it. I’m guessing you could buy a good book and get the same info though! Maybe look for an online class too? πŸ™‚ 

BOGB:  What a steal for those books!!! Our meeting went well too, I really think I’m going to like the practice and loved the nurse who gave us the tour today!

Post # 187
879 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

BOGB:   Wow, your nursery looks fantastic! I love all the books and the colours work so well together πŸ™‚

Here are some pics of ours. Really pleased with how it’s turned out. Love just going and sitting in there and imagining what it’ll all be like in around 8 weeks…

Post # 188
879 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Yikes, so sorry those pics are HUGE!

Post # 189
1348 posts
Bumble bee

Wellington Bride:  VERY cute! I love the little clouds!! πŸ˜€ I like to go stand in the nursery and just look around and imagine how crazy it’s going to be as well! When our glider comes on Friday I’m sure I’ll be in there for hours just thinking! 

Post # 192
3008 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

lolita39:  I’m also “all baby”…..if the baby weighs 25 lbs that is! πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by  .
Post # 193
1348 posts
Bumble bee

MrsAKSkier:  lol!!! That’s exactly what I think when someone says that!!

Post # 195
339 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

It’s sad that us July mamas never really got chatting… It’s June and we’re only on part 3. And… drum roll, please… I’m no longer a July mama.

Philip was born on June 5 weighing in at 5 lbs 7oz. Tiny, but healthy. πŸ™‚

The topic ‘July 2014 Mommies – Part 3’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors