255 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

How far along are you? 16+5

What are you currently researching?  Nursery decor

How are you feeling? back to my oldself lol

Weight gain to date?  5 lbs

Have you and SO decided on a name as yet? not yet

Any other updates to share? at 16 + 4 it was still to early to see the sex!! Bummer lol

Post # 33
193 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

How far along are you? 19 weeks! where has the time gone?!?

What are you currently researching? Cribs, nursery decor, natural births.

How are you feeling? Sooooo tired!!!Everyone told me I’d have so much energy in second tri but I haven’t got it yet 🙁

Weight gain to date? 8lbs

Have you and SO decided on a name as yet? (Share if you are willing) We like Max, Matthew and Nathaniel for a boy, and Lexi and Charlotte for a girl so far.  We’ll prob wait until we meet our bub to name them 🙂

Any other updates to share? Def got a good bump forming and I love it!  Feeling little kicks for a few weeks now, looking forward to geting regular kicks!!

Post # 34
942 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@AlbertaLolita:  I’m also at the 20 wk mark and I started to frantically scroll when I saw that most moms had only gained 2-4 lbs at this point!!  I’m up SIXTEEN 😮 

I’m definitely going to be putting on 40 lbs– and I’ve finally just become ‘whatever’ about it…

Post # 37
923 posts
Busy bee

How far along are you? 20 weeks tomorrow!

What are you currently researching? cloth diapers! I’m a second time mom and I’m a lot less nevous this pregnancy. 

How are you feeling? alternating between good and awful, as soon as the morning sickness stopped I started suffering from weekly migraines, when I’m not having one I feel great. 

Weight gain to date? I’m down 7 lbs from where I started becaus eI was so sick. I’m just focusing on getting back up to my starting weight!

Have you and SO decided on a name as yet? (Share if you are willing) we are still talking, we like a lot of the same names so that’s good!

Any other updates to share? 

we find out the sex on monday!

Post # 38
335 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@tampalove35:  Im in that same ball park! I was looking at all the roll calls thinking omg whats wrong with me! Im glad theres someone in the same range as me 🙂

Post # 39
335 posts
Helper bee

So looking at everyones update I cant help but wonder….everyone is researching thing for after baby is born. Have you all already decided on your birth plans, done that research? Or are you waiting til later or just taking your health care providers lead when the day comes? Is anybody taking and birthing clssses? This is all I can currently think about!

Post # 40
923 posts
Busy bee

@AlbertaLolita:  well my birth plan is the same as it was with my daughter, I want tit to be as natural as posssible ( I ended up getting an epidural with her because I was in labor for 48 hours, I wouldn’t have had the energy to push otherwise!) this time I would like to do it with no epidural, but we will see! we may or may not take a birthing class, id we do it will be more for his benefit than mine, as I already know what to expect. 

Post # 42
4575 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@BOGB:  ahhhh!!!!! Congratulations, lady!! And welcome to team blue! :)) I am so happy for you and just fyi, for some reason I also thought you were having a girl heehee :)) boys rule!!! 

Post # 43
335 posts
Helper bee

@BOGB:  oh good! Well not good that its overwhelming lol just that im not behind lol. I wasn’t sure if everyone had or done that stuff,,since it happens before you get to use the new stroller I was thinking if everyone was doing this stuff in order I had a long way to go! My healthcare provider (midwife) is vety pro educate yourself then come and tell her what you learned. So I bought a few books but haven’t gotten into them yet. I nought the Bradley method book and Ina May guide to childbirth and her breast feeding one too. I want to read them both then decide if I need a class but theyre both long lol

Post # 45
761 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@BOGB:  Awww yay for little boys! I have zero guess as to whether its a boy or girl but all my nursery themes are mostly more “boy” than girl so I don’t know if thats intuition or not! lol!

@AlbertaLolita:  I don’t think you’re alone on the “feeling behind” part. Actually I’m more on the “feeling like its not a big deal” thread. I see people with names picked out or an idea of what they want on their registry and I’m all, “I have to buy bottles?” And don’t even get me started on my “birth plan”… my midwife asked me if I thought about it and I said, honest to god, “Uhhh…. get the baby out as quickly, safely, and painlessly as possible?” She laughed in my face because she thought I was joking.

Post # 46
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Congrats on making it to second tri mamas!  

Roll  Call!

How far along are you? 17 +3

What are you currently researching? After tons of research we’ve finally decided on our stroller, infant car seat, and breast pump. Now we are looking into nursery furniture!

How are you feeling? Great! I’m happy to say that I’ve had a relatively easy pregnancy so far!

Weight gain to date? 5-6 lbs

Have you and SO decided on a name as yet? (Share if you are willing)
We want our names to have a special meaning that represents who our baby, and future children will be . Hubby and I are African, but from different countries (he’s Nigerian, I’m Tanzanian), and we are also Christian.  Our last name is his last name (igbo language), so our children’s given names will be a combination of a Swahili name (my language), and a Christian name– perfect representation of the identity we hope our children will embrace: Christian, Tanzanian, Nigerian.  With that said, we have a couple boy names, but are really unsure on girl names! We are team green, so would like to have some options for both– good thing there is still time!  

Any other updates to share?  I am anxiously anticipating feeling baby’s movements! I thought I felt some fluttering last night, and again this afternoon at the same place as last night, but I’m not sure!  I cant wait to be sure that what I’m feeling is the baby, and not gas or digestion. haha

The topic ‘July 2014 Mommies – Part 3’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors