posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 48
1192 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Roll call!

How far along are you? 17 weeks

What are you currently researching? Baby registry things 

How are you feeling? Really good. No complaints. Just starting to show a little. 

Weight gain to date? 2-3 pounds

Have you and SO decided on a name as of yet? We have one name in mind but aren’t totally sure yet. The middle name will be my maiden name. 

Any other updates to share?  We decided that for Valentine’s Day we would go find out the sex of our baby as a gift to eachother. We went on Saturday (17weeks) and found out we are having a boy! We are so excited! 

When the roll call gets updated, our due date is July 25th..

Also, people should join our Facebook group. We are having a blast on there!!

Post # 49
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@BOGB:  Oh that’s reassuring, because I’m reading of others already feeling baby move, and I’m like why haven’t I yet!! I totally agree on the naming thing being so complicated! We want names that are not too common, but still relevant and easy to pronounce. Especially because we are leaning more towards a Swahili first name if we have a girl.  Fortunately, a lot of Swahili names have a unique “mainstream” sound to them–we don’t want people not being able to pronounce the name and butchering it! lol

Is your Darling Husband Ibibio by any chance? We have a friend from that tribe, and they have the same naming custom! =)

Congrats on finding out you’re having a boy btw, so exciting!

@MrsBG:  Congrats to you too for finding out you’re having a boy, being team green is hard sometimes, when others are finding out! lol..  But I still wanna stay team green for now! lol .. what is the facebook group? Is it private? We haven’t made a fb announcement yet, not sure if we even will. we might just have a “surprise, we had a baby last night, post!” instead. haha

Post # 51
761 posts
Busy bee

So I know I’m doing this only for my own indulgence but… FINALLY at 18 weeks I felt good enough to hit the gym 4 times this week! WOOHOO! I think I’ve been averaging like once a week since I got pregnant!

…and then I got on the scale and saw I gained another two pounds. DEVIL! LOL!

Post # 52
322 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

So, the Britax B Agile stroller has been recalled. I was wondering why it was off the shelves in my local Babies R Us. I registered for the travel system and am now wondering if I should just get something else. Do any of you know if Britax will re-release the B Agile before July? I asked Babies R Us and they said they had no idea. They said usually, following a recall, the product will be re-released into stores a few months later but I’m paranoid that my B Agile is gone forever!

Our plan B was the Uppababy Vista but it’s nearly twice the price here in Canada.

Post # 53
335 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@simplyMrsN:  The Facebook group is set at secret, so nobody can see whats on it or search for it or see that you’re a part of it. Its called bee book club. If you pm me I can add you πŸ™‚  Its seems like an easier format to share posts and such on, I mostly use my phone and the bee is very glitchy for me πŸ™

@BOGB:  I must admit I check in less often here now only cuz its more of a poa but will try to more! Or…maybe you can join fb just for the bee book club!

Post # 54
335 posts
Helper bee

I found this far too funny not to share πŸ™‚ This is my actual ultrasound picture….it is a boy….but I saw something I wasn’t expecting LMAO

Post # 56
335 posts
Helper bee

@the_newlymintedmrs-s17:  I know right? Its hard to believe its real lil my hubby loves it lol runs in the family lmao

Post # 57
1348 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Had our anatomy scan this morning! Baby is measuring right on track and ….. it’s a boy!!!! πŸ˜€ Team blue!!!! 

Post # 58
335 posts
Helper bee

@lolita39:  yeah! Another boy! Congratulations on a healthy scan πŸ™‚

Post # 59
279 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@AlbertaLolita:  I literally Laughed out loud at your US pic.  Def through me for a loop.

We find out what we are having tomorrow.  We are so anxious! 

Is anyone doing a gender reaveal party or even announcement?

Post # 60
761 posts
Busy bee

@lolita39:  YAY for team blue! Little boys are so fun and so happy everyone is HEALTHY! Oooh I would be having so much fun planning a little boy nursery!

I find out next Tuesday if I’m team blue or team pink! All these gender updates are making me even more impatient than I already am! LOL!

Post # 61
1348 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@Luvnseptember:  I’m finally announcing on facebook/ social media! I took a picture of our dog next to blue baby booties as a fun way to incorporate her. πŸ™‚ 

@AlbertaLolita:  Thank you!

@the_newlymintedmrs-s17:  That’s what I keep saying, I’m just so happy that I’m healthy!!! I was excited to find out the sex, don’t get me wrong…but seeing the four chambers of the heart and the blood moving through the kidneys and the parts of the brain was really special!!! 

The topic ‘July 2014 Mommies – Part 3’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors