(Closed) July 2014 Mommies – Part 3

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 63
322 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@christinaval:  The affinity is going to be $629 in Canada… just for the stroller. The colour pack is $99 extra and the carseat is $200. The bassinet, I imagine, is also in the $200 area. We can’t justify spending $1129 on it.

Post # 66
322 posts
Helper bee

@mickle707:  Yeah, I saw that Britax is offering a repair kit, but Babies R Us isn’t even allowed to have the stroller on display due to the recall and they can’t sell it anymore. They  have to wait until Britax re-releases a new, fixed version of the stroller. So I can order it online or wait til the new one comes out. Not sure what to do. I can’t order it on Amazon unless I have it shipped to my best friend in Vermont. I might just do that since she’s coming to visit on Friday and can drive it over to me.

Post # 67
544 posts
Busy bee

@jennyinstereo:  I finally found the link I wanted to share: maybe this one would be of interest for you: the seat can be converted into a bassinet; so you would not even have to buy an extra bassinet….I love her video reviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LrmNoc95JA

http://www.amazon.com/Valco-Spark-Single-Stroller-Sterling/dp/B00906WJYA/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1392665625&sr=1-2&keywords=Valco+Baby+spark

Let me know what you think of it (I also have not decided yet….)

Post # 68
322 posts
Helper bee

@christinaval:  Wow that’s an awesome stroller! We ended up deciding to buy the B Agile travel system on Amazon. It’s available for $285 and has prime! So we’re saving almost $200!

Post # 69
544 posts
Busy bee

@jennyinstereo:  Wow! that is a great deal! Do you know how much the bassinet is?

Post # 70
322 posts
Helper bee

@christinaval:  You can get the B Ready Bassinet for $112 on Amazon. It works with the B Agile although they don’t advertise that it does. However, I’ve seen enough customer review photos on Amazon that show b ready bassinets on the b agile so we’re going to get one:

http://www.amazon.com/Britax-B-Ready-Stroller-Bassinet-Black/dp/B007A2UAOC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392666411&sr=8-1&keywords=b+ready+bassinet

Post # 72
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

Aww, must be so exciting for all the mommas finding out the sex of the baby!

Question for you all, how obvious was the sex of the baby on the anatomy scan?? Ours is coming up… should I plan to look away at certain parts if we are team green? Or is it not that obvious to the unskilled eye? Lol

Post # 74
1348 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@simplyMrsN:  I think it depends on the angle of the baby! I’ve seen some ultrasounds where I was like “that’s definitely a boy!” and others where I really couldn’t tell at all… I know that doesn’t help a whole lot, but it really just depends on what position the baby is in that day and how much it’s moving. If you were team green, I would tell them ahead of time!

As far as everything else, I personally could tell most stuff, the arms and legs, the little hands, the eyes and nose and brain. You can clearly see the heart beating and it’s so cool! Other stuff, like the kidneys and bladder I never would have known. 

Post # 75
575 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Any other updates to share?  Hey all, i’m joining (again), doing the update first. I’ve been MIA and busy with a toddler at home. This is my 2nd baby and I’m team blue!! I haven’t had the anatomy scan, we should be scheduling that tomorrow at my next appt, but we did an autism test that found a y chromosome (can’t remember the name of the test!) so it’s a boy!! We are very excited as our first was a girl!! ๐Ÿ™‚

How far along are you? 20w4d

What are you currently researching? NOTHING!! ๐Ÿ™‚ This is my 2nd. My friend asked me the other day what the effects of too much caffeine on the baby and I’ve wanted to look into that.

How are you feeling? Great right now! With this pregnancy I had bad headaches and all day morning sicnkess until 18 1/2 weeks!! Now I’m feeling so much better!!

Weight gain to date? 9 lbs (you guys are making me feel bad with your little weight gain – lol)

Have you and SO decided on a name as yet? (Share if you are willing)  It is currently Zander Hamilton. We liked Hamilton as we met and currently live in Bermuda and that is the capital. Then we liked Alexander, but it is a little too historial for us so we found a derivative of Alexander…but we aren’t 100% certain on the first name. We have a long last name so this poor little boy’s name is a MOUTHFUL! ๐Ÿ™‚

I also wanted to say it’s funny as I have the B-agile stroller/car seat combo and we LOVE it. It is so lightweight and EASY to set up/breakdown…like SO easy!! Fits in our tiny Bermuda car and everything. We are still using the stroller and will be continuing to use it for Baby #2. We might switch to the B-Ready or the 2 seater one…we’ll see!!

Post # 76
2680 posts
Sugar bee

Roll Call!

How far along are you? 18 weeks tomorrow!

What are you currently researching? Registry items and pictures (maternity and newborn)

How are you feeling? Great! Ive luckily had it very easy so far, minus some back and hip pain while sleeping. 

Weight gain to date? Approx 5lbs

Have you and SO decided on a name as yet? Yes, its a girl, her name is Haley (we’ve had that name picked for years).  Still undecided on a middle name but we have plenty of time ๐Ÿ™‚

Any other updates to share? Our anatomy scan is scheduled for March 6th, since we already know its a girl from the first trimester screening we’re just anxious to see her!  We’re also meeting with the daycare we selected this Friday to fill out all the papers and officially move forward with securing their services.  Eeek!

When updated, can you please add me to the due date list?  I’m due July 23rd.  Thanks!

The topic ‘July 2014 Mommies – Part 3’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors