(Closed) July 2014 Mommy-to-be?

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 362
50 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

I got my pre-pregnancy consultation last month when my ob checked my rubella, tetanus etc status. Since that visit, i got my tetanus booster, hep b booster and flu shot done. Been on pre-natals since June and got the green light from Ob to start trying and here i am 2 cycles later. Can’t believe it! Bees, are there any foods or things to avoid at this stage? 

Post # 363
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Does anyone know what to expect at a first trip to the OB? Is it an ultra sound or an exam as well? Do they do bloodwork?

Post # 364
399 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hey everyone..  I’m so excited to join you ladies!  I don’t have my first appointment until 12/9 but I didn’t want to wait that long to join you over here. =)

Due Date: July 16 according to LMP, but I’m thinking a little later based on when I think I O’d. We’ll see what the doc says.

Cycles Trying: Just our first

Any Symptoms yet?  Last week I had a bunch of cramping, mostly Sunday-Tuesday then it went away for the most part.  Still a bit of it here or there.  A little bit of light headedness & boobs are a little sore.  Yesterday and today I had horrible headaches.  Yesterday’s lasted from when I woke up until I went to bed.

Most excited for:  I don’t even know… everything!  

Most nervous about: Any complications.

What you’ll miss most about being pregnant: Beer.  DH & I have a tradition where we go to a local bar every 1st of the month and collect the glasses from their “Glass of the Month” beer.  We’ve been doing it for 4 or 5 years.  Looks like he’ll be drinking two every month for awhile. =)

Hoping for boy or girl? Before I got the BFP, I would’ve said boy right away. I have 3 older brothers and loved having big brothers.  Now I’m kind of feeling girl.  I’ll be ecstatic either way.

Possible names: Malcom Keith or Simon Keith for a boy.  Summer Leigh or April Leigh for a girl. (Keith is DH’s middle name & Leigh is mine) 

Non-Baby related…what’s your occupation and you’re spouses? I’m an attorney, working in a corporation’s tax department.  DH is an accountant.

For Fun- share your BFP:  First one, from Saturday 11/16

Post # 365
767 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I’m very nervous to be posting on here but after obsessive Google searches ending in tears and worries, I’ve decided I need you Bees a lot!  I took some time away from the Bees, I mostly posted on the 6 month + boards, so here goes nothing!….

Due Date: July 22ish

Cycles Trying: 12 months (15 or more cycles….)  We had IUI and I took Clomid (CD2-5) + trigger shot + progesterone (suppositries).  I am still taking the progesterone and will be doing so until 10 weeks or so.  I honestly don’t want to stop taking it because I’ve convinced myself it is what is keeping this bean alive!

Any Symptoms yet?  VERY sore back and hips, queasy, fatigue and crazy emotional mood swings.  Oh, and the acne.  Oh the acne!!!  

Most excited for:  Starting a family with my DH, seeing my baby for the first time and teling our parents!

Most nervous about: WELL.  On friday night (4weeks, 3 days) I had some spotting that was dark brown, then light brown, then light pink.  It stopped by Saturday morning but I went to the ER on Friday and had an ultrasound (too early to make any determinations, they saw it was not an etopic pregnancy) and I had more blood work done today.  I’m very nervous about having a  miscarriage and the cramps are very worrisome for me,  ๐Ÿ™

What you’ll miss most about being pregnant  Eating feta cheese – seriously, it’s a food group for me….

Hoping for boy or girl? No preference!

For Fun- share your BFP:  Embarassing – I only took one, a few days ago and I tossed it.  Instead of POAS like crazy, I just get blood work done like crazy ๐Ÿ™‚  I have had three draws (17, 114, 295) and another today….

Post # 366
313 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Unfortunately I will not be a july mom. good luck to you all!

Post # 367
959 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

View original reply
@asphodel:  I am soo sorry for your loss ๐Ÿ™ I hope you are getting the support you need from your man and others close to you.. We are all here for you too though!! And saying prayers for a sticky baby for your next try. 

Post # 368
283 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

View original reply
@SoontobeMrsAM:  I had my first appointment early because I saw light spotting. My next appointment is  at 10 weeks on Dec. 10

View original reply
@jennyinstereo:  I got a flu shot in Sept. at my primary care doc at his urging. I figured it couldn’t hurt. I’m around a lots of kids and their parents so lots of germs. 

View original reply
@labmouse:  Welcome and congrats! 

Post # 369
879 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

View original reply
@HappyCrickets:  Snap, we have the same EDD (well, at this stage anyway!) Congratulations on your pregnancy! Your symptoms sound identical to mine. I’ve been extremely light headed yesterday and today which has made teaching my class very interesting. Lots of sitting down on the mat!

Post # 370
283 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

View original reply
@SoontobeMrsAM:  Each office may be different. My place does a confirmation first, or bring something that says you’ve taken another pregnancy test and it’s confirmed. Generally 7-8 weeks is the first one where they’ll do an u/s and obstetric blood work, which doesn’t include hCG levels. If you have spotting before then they’ll do an earlier u/s. I was due for a Pap smear so that was done also. 

View original reply
@med700:  Congrats! I hope everything works out. FX for you and little bean. 

View original reply
@asphodel:  I’m so sorry. ((Hugs))

Post # 371
879 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

View original reply
@asphodel:  I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. Love and hugs to you x

Post # 372
1348 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
@asphodel:  I am so very sorry for your loss. ๐Ÿ™ ((hugs)) I hope you’re getting the support you need! 

Post # 373
3003 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
@jennyinstereo:  I got my flu shot today….I was nervous at first and wanted to wait until I was further along (I’m not even 5 weeks) but after reading about it I decided that sooner was better than later! The flu can be very serious when you’re pregnant because you can run a fever!

View original reply
@SoontobeMrsAM:  The last time I saw my doctor, when we were still TTC, she told me they wouldn’t see me until I was 8 weeks…..at least I think that’s what she said- I kinda can’t remember! I guess that’s ok with me, though, because I’d like to really see something on the U/S, if they’ll give me one then! 

View original reply
@med700:  Congrats to you! I have had a lot of cramping (no blood, just bad cramps off and on, and they’re bad enough that sometimes I have to pace around and make a face). It makes me worried but I did some googling (I know, I know) and it sounds pretty normal….I hope so, anyways! Just wanted to let you know you’re not the only one with cramps, and if you know it’s not ectopic you should try not to worry!

Post # 374
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Due Date: July 25

Cycles Trying: we have been trying for nine months 

Any Symptoms yet?  nope nothing yet, excited to start feeling some to authenticate it all! 

Most excited for:    this will be my husbands first baby I can’t wait til he can feel baby move and to see him hold the baby for the first time 

Most nervous about: just want everyone healthy! 

What you’ll miss most about being pregnant :     Corona with lime and tattoos :)) 

Hoping for boy or girl? girl girl girl. !! I have two wild and crazy boys already!

Post # 375
27 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@asphodel: ๐Ÿ™ I am so so sorry for your loss, sending prayers your way <3 <3 <3

Post # 376
356 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

View original reply
@asphodel:  Oh no. I’m so sorry

The topic ‘July 2014 Mommy-to-be?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors