(Closed) July 2014 RSVP Thread!!

posted 6 years ago in July 2014
Post # 17
19 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
Shkragoldfish:  Nope, just old regular snail mail. We are having a local wedding and a majority of the people invited all live close by. I was actually surprised we got so many back within the first week considering that we are Mexican and Mexicans are terrible at Rsvp’ing lol. I think everyone is just excited because it’s an open bar wedding =) haha. 

Post # 18
69 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
BooBooBee:  lol I was thinking the same thing! I just sent ours out yesterday too!

Wedding date: July 25

When were invites sent/when will they be sent: Yesterday! May 13

RSVP date: July 4 – Our venue doesn’t require a head count until 2 weeks before

Number invited: 150 possibly more once we start receiving RSVPs

Goal # of guests: 100

# accepted: 0

# declined: 0

# who haven’t responded yet: 150 lol

Biggest fear: Offending family because I come from a huge family and my fiance comes from a big family so we could not invite everyone that we actually wanted to. Also falling down the stairs in front of everyone at the ceremony. 

Post # 19
323 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Shkragoldfish:  It isn’t a destination wedding, but a fishing camp wedding. Accomodations typically book one year in advance so people who really wanted to come were told to book July 13, 2013. That way regular fishing guests had their chance to book and my guests could get in next. We have one camp with every cabin rented to wedding guests (should be a good time and no one can complain about noise ๐Ÿ˜‰ )! So that was the reason for the timing.

As far as guest list, the Fiance wanted a big wedding and I wanted a small one haha. He also saved up enough money to have a wedding double the budget we are having haha. There is no way I was spending $25,000 for one day! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 21
2196 posts
Buzzing bee

Update! I don’t have the exact numbers with me, but we are now less than 1 week from our RSVP deadline and we still have 17 day guests to reply and another 30 or so evening guests. That’s nearly a quarter of our guest list! So not looking forward to having to chase people come Saturday. 

The good news is, we have had enough declines that we now have enough space to seat all our guests comfortably without having to squeeze extra seats in at the tables. So I am much more relaxed about the remaining replies now. 

Post # 22
323 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Audrey2:  Chasing wasn’t as bad as expected for me. However getting the Fiance to chase his list down has been another story. I actually just sent a lot of people texts and asked if they were coming. Most answered back right away with a yes or no and if a guest was coming.

We had online RSVP’ing and the most annoying part is that you KNOW these people are facebook updating their status two or three times a day yet they can’t log on a website to say they are coming. Grrr dumb people.

Post # 24
982 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
Shkragoldfish:  So frustrating… we’ve had several people try to add numerous children (only kids we invited were nieces and nephews because of capacity – it was an across the board rule) and SO MANY haven’t responded.

Wedding date: July 11

When were invites sent/when will they be sent: Beginning of April – more than half the guest was out of state so we sent ours early, and also because the venue is requiring a headcount a month in advance.

RSVP date: TODAY

Number invited: 153 total (76 invitations)

Goal # of guests: 110ish (guessing)

# accepted: 82 (as of now)

# declined: 21

# who haven’t responded yet: 22 invites, totaling around 50 guests!

Biggest fear: Coming true… I figured we’d have a few remaining RSVPs to track down, but 22 out of 76?! Luckily there are 5 of us we can split it up between: Me-my friends (4); Mom-Family (7); Mr. S-his buddies (5); FMIL-her family (4); StepFMIL-Mr. S’s dad’s side (2)

I’m going to let, hopefully, a few more trickle in the rest of this week and start contacting people next week.  That will give Mr. S’s moms a week or so to track theirs down and time to get me the info before the deadline.

Post # 25
8 posts
Newbee

Hi bees! Just a few more weeks until July!! Congrats to everyone!  I finally got all the invitations signed/sealed/delivered by the 2nd week of May…….with an RSVP of June 19th, one month before the big day on July 19th. 

Wedding Date: July 19th

Invitations Sent: May 13

RSVP deadline: June 19th

Goal: 170 (minimum for the venue’s room we’ve booked)<br />Number sent: 210 guests

Number accepted (So far): 77

Number declined (So far): 8

Biggest Fear: Forgetting anyone OR people not getting their invitation! Moreso ensuring we meet the 170 number!

We also sent out save the dates……..as I find those summer weekends book up so quickly!

I was worried I’d sent out the invites too late….but hoping will hear from the balance in the next few weeks. Anyone see a flurry of activity just before the RSVP date (for those whose rsvp date has already passed?)

Post # 26
463 posts
Helper bee

Wedding date: July 11

Invitations sent: April 30

RSVP deadline: June 4

Invited: 188 people- 103 invites

Goal: 150

Accepted: 109

Decline: 15

No response: 64

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  lcutter711.
Post # 27
506 posts
Busy bee

Wedding: July 19

Invitation sent: Feb 1

RSVP deadline: Apr-15

Invited: 25

Goal: 18

Accepted: 21

Decline : 4

No response: None (one I have to send severtal messages but whatever)

Post # 28
16 posts
Newbee

Wedding date: July 5

When were invites sent/when will they be sent: March 28th

RSVP date: June 1 (Caterer needs a count by the 19th of June, Thought I’d give myself time to chase).

Number invited: 146

Goal # of guests: 125

# accepted: 123

# declined: 12

# who haven’t responded yet: 16

Biggest fear: My fears go both ways, I fear that people are responding yes that wont actually come, thus leaving us paying for uneaten food ( I guess better too much than not enough..)

AND too many people coming and us not having enough food! (The math doesnt add up on these numbers because we have so far had 6 EXTRA people invited by our guests – without asking -).

We are having a camp ground wedding as well, and despite having stated it on the invite, on the rsvp and on our wedding website, there have only been 10 ppl RSVP for a camp site. While it’s find if not many wany to camp, i just hope a bunch of people dont show up expecting a site and we run out of room!

Deadline is past, so I’m chasing down the last 16. But all in all, 16 people isnt too bad!

<br /><br /><br />

Post # 29
255 posts
Helper bee

Wedding date: July 26 (domestic destination)

When were invites sent/when will they be sent: early May

RSVP date: June 15th

Number invited: 148

Goal # of guests: 90-100

# accepted: 70

# declined: 29

# who haven’t responded yet: 49

Biggest fear: invites or RSVPs getting lost in the mail. This didn’t used to be a concern until my friend called asking if we were going to her wedding or not. Apparently she never recieved our RSVP, even though we put it in the mail 2 days after receiving her invite!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  .
Post # 30
2196 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
Scooper7:  hello date twin! 

Another update! We now have 117 day guests, and 197 evening guests (with 3 evening guests still to respond). So we are right on target ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m so relieved that enough people declined that we will have space for everyone, but we were still able to invite everyone we wanted to. 

Less than a month to go! ๐Ÿ˜€

The topic ‘July 2014 RSVP Thread!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors