(Closed) July 2014 RSVP Thread!!

posted 6 years ago in July 2014
Post # 31
928 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
Angelbug:  I  am getting married that day too! Yay!

I also sent my invites out around that same time! After reading I got a little nervous I was slow but I don’t feel so bad- most of thsee posts are for earlier July.

Post # 33
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2014

@swebs14 – Congrats wedding date twin! Since I originally posted, we’re now up to 91 confirmed yes and only 10 no’s so fingers crossed will see more in the coming weeks. As they say, it will all come together 🙂

Post # 34
6 posts
Newbee

Wedding Date:  12 July

When were invites sent:  1 May

RSVP Date: 14 June

Number Invited:  170

Goal Number:  120

# Accepted:  106

# Declined:  28

# Who havent responded yet:  36

Biggest fear:  For us, it’s biggest annoyance…nearly all of the outstanding responses are from our friends (rather than family members or parents’ friends)…worried that we will get soft answers rather than solid commitments.  

Post # 36
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Wedding date: July 12 (domestic destination…in my childhood hometown, FI’s family is OOT)

When were invites sent/when will they be sent: mid-May

RSVP date: June 14

Number invited: 261

Goal # of guests: 180-200

# accepted: 171

# declined: 90 (a few non-responses moved here)

# who haven’t responded yet: 0 – moved those to “declines” because we’re tired of hunting them down for their answers. Total, this was about 5 couples.

Biggest fear: Well, we have a $$ minimum with my all-inclusive venue, so I was nervous about not meeting it. Even though we didn’t hit our attendance goal, it’s still close enough so we at least don’t have to worry about that.

Can I add…biggest annoyance? People saying they’ll “let me know sometime” or “we’ll see once it’s closer”. Look, if you have other plans and are on the fence, then commit to a decline and just tell me! This is a wedding, not some random weekend plans you can just show up at. Speaking of that, please don’t just show up and expect there to be a table place for you.

OK – vented.

The topic ‘July 2014 RSVP Thread!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors