(Closed) July 2015 brides

posted 5 years ago in July 2015
Post # 2
992 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
Bored6:  I’ve been feeling calm and collected with just three weeks to go…but I’m also starting to realize some things that we really, really should have done by now, so that sense of calm is slowly getting away from me.

My plans for the cake fell through, so we’re suddenly finding ourselfs in somewhat of a scramble to find a new cake (not a huge deal…we basically said “f— this, we’ll use the opportunity to save money and head to the grocery store)….and also, we’ve just realized that we never bought a cake topper. At this point, we just DON’T CARE…so it’ll probably be a trip to Hobby Lobby for a piece of plastic to thow on the top NBD.

Got the dress, flowers, venue, food, and alcohol…I’m just over thinking about the details.

ETA: Crap…details….like the wedding license. We should probably do something about that. You know, like actually get one…. ugh.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  amanda.417.
Post # 3
108 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I have 30 days left and I have not picked up my marriage licens and have so much to do. My dress was slightlay butchered by a tailor the dress is short in back and long in frony without my heels on so I have to fix that hopefully with a slip and veil to cover. Fiancé finally went for tux but RSVP’s have stopped coming in and now we have to start calling.

Beginning to freak out a touch

Post # 4
680 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015 - Beautiful place.

I’m a July 4 bride, we don’tI’ve in the USA so not big deal..

I’m using a blackboard for my wedding fabout decor, so I have to make that and buy the little flowers I’m giving as wedding favor…

I have just to keep all the things I’m going to be wearing on my wedding day.

Here we usually (if the bride wants) go to a nice beauty salon and get massages, jacuzz, healthy meal, nails done, hair and make up .. All pampered up!!!! The photographer and videographer will be there for 2 hours to get the making off of the day.. It’s just fun.. I’ll have some people working on me on July 4, I can’t wait!!!!!! 

8 days and 21 hours to go!!!! 

πŸ˜€πŸ‘°πŸΌπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠβŒ›οΈ

Post # 5
450 posts
Helper bee

I feel like I just can’t fit any more little details in my head right now. little less than 4 weeks to go, holy crap!

I still need to pick a few songs and where would they go, finalize the entertainment program with the entertainer\host, discuss photoshoot details and timing, finalize menu and head count, do the seating chart, make sure my DIY photobooth setup works (oh, I’m dreading this one), print dirctions for the table decorations and room decorations (totally forgot until now), set nails and facial appointments and pack 2 bags. oh, and buy sparklers. and make a picture template to print on the cake.

omg, just writing this makes me wanna crawl under my bed. I’m also working 6 days a week now and I have no idea when I’ll get it all done. 

Post # 6
1179 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Bored6:  July 11th bride… I’m wrapping up some chalkboard signs (bar/food menu, table assignments, etc), I’m making a video of Fiance and I growing up and our relationship for the rehearsal dinner, and honestly that’s about it…

Oh… no. I’ve completely forgotten about a something old, new, borrowed and blue. I guess I’ll get to that over the next 17 days. πŸ™‚ 

Post # 7
1179 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
galephys:  i ordered my sparklers from http://www.weddingsparklersoutlet.com/

They aren’t supposed to let off a lot of smoke so they’re better for pictures. They shipped and arrived in less than a week or two. 

Post # 8
450 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
TXbride2015:  thank you! but my wedding is overseas, I can’t ship it there or bring with me, so I have to buy them there. ((

Post # 9
28 posts
Newbee

Our wedding is July 25th and I’m a little too relaxed. We are pretty much doing finishing touches and paying everythiing off. We have to finish buying the food next week to deliver to the caterer and finish paying off the suits. I also have to buy the favors, print the programs, and go with my sister to get some things for the dessert table she is making us. I also have to get a final song list to the wedding planner and the DJ. I will feel better once we are done with the food and I have finished with the programs and songs. I could be done with most of this but am being lazy. This weekend I will tackle the programs.

I am feeling pretty good right now. I feel like, besides the food, we have all of the major stuff done so if push comes to shove with anything else, we could still have a great wedding. We originally intended to have a very simple wedding and a unique conglomeration of blessings, luck, and excitement have turned it into a very wedding-y (but still afforable and laid-back) wedding. I think I toughest task over the next month is not getting it on lol

Post # 10
28 posts
Newbee

View original reply
TXbride2015:  We wanted sparklers so badly! I live in Harris county though which has a fireworks ban  I shall live vicariously through you.

Post # 11
1179 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
ileapb4ilook:  We’ve had SO much rain and flooding, I’d be surprised if there was still a ban on sparklers! I’m honestly hoping the rain stops in 2 weeks! 

The good thing about the rain is in November I brought my sister and a bridesmaid by the venue when they were in town to go dress shopping with me. They have a pond by the entrance and its in the backdrop of the ceremony…it was DRY. Completely dry. We’ve gotten so much rain, it’s not only full, they actually had flooding as recently as 2 weeks ago!!  It’s calmed down overall, not QUITE as hot as normal, and much more green so I’m extremely happy about that. 

Long drawn out post cut short…. call your venue and just ask about the sparklers. If not I’ll come back and post a pic for you πŸ™‚

Post # 12
82 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
ileapb4ilook:  Date twins!

I’m getting married in Las Vegas so I haven’t had much planning to do other than ceremony details (picking flowers/filling out info forms) and booking a private room at a restaurant for our dinner after the ceremony. Even though it doesn’t sound like much, it was still time consuming and somewhat stressful. Specially finding a restaurant with a private room that wasn’t ridiculously expensive, but after a couple of weeks of searching and several days emailing back and forth I found a place with a beautifu private room that fit our budget. My mom took care of ordering a cake from a local bakery. Now I just have to figure out how/when we are gonna do our first dance, even though my wedding won’t be super traditional I do want to have a first dance with my FH. My final dress fitting was a couple of weeks ago, still waiting on my headpiece  and a couple other accessories to arrive next week. I’m super excited and getting married is all I think about all day!!! I do feel a little nervous if I let my mind take over, but I try not to feed into those feelings. Ok I feel nervous now after typing that…hahah. 

The topic ‘July 2015 brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors