(Closed) July 2015 Mamas – Part 3 – Welcome to the 2nd trimester!

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 3
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Domestic Diva – is that weird protrusion actually just your baby’s other hand?

ShellVee:  I like it! Hopefully we can keep up a thread a month.  I am really enjoying this — and our recent additions to the group.

Post # 4
1782 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Wow our thread is amazing! 

Roll call questions:

Due date: July 23, 2015.  

First BFP: 9 DPO, confirmed with digital on 10 DPO, we tried for 7 cycles to get those 2 pink lines!! My cycles were averging 32-35 days so about 9 months. Only difference: we used Preseed in the last 3 cycles. Had sex before expected ovulation time.

Symptoms: Tired a lot, hungry right away in morning, bad breath

Most excited about: Having my 1st reAL appt to hear the heartbeat and see baby on ultrasound …. feel so behind compared to other moms on here.

Nervous: Carrying baby to full term I have a very bad back so I’m a bit worried about that too.

Miss most: Crab legs, I know a few moms told me I can eat them, but I can refrain for another 6+months.

Who we have told: My mom, sister, 2 brothers and wives and a trusted Co worker

No ultrasound pictures yet, will post once I have one. β™‘β™‘                    

Post # 5
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.   I am the first out of all my friends to have a baby so I certainly appreciate having people to chat with about the day to day craziness of pregnancy! 

DomesticDiva & MRS-K:  I’m thinking about you and what you have both gone through lately.  I’m happy to hear it seems everything will be just fine – I’m sure it will be!  Either way, that could not have been easy.  Hoping you both have 100% relief soon. 

Has anyone started to get their energy back yet?  I am 12 weeks Thursday and still feeling completely exhausted.  Has anyone had a little relief?  Hoping there is some energy on the horizon…I know they say the 2nd trimester is better than the first.  I’ll believe it when I see it 

Are most ladies more active on the FB group now?  How do you join that group?

DomesticDiva:  MRS-K:  

Post # 6
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Sorry another question!  Have you ladies started to show yet?   In the morning I can still see my abs but by the evening I’m pretty bloated…but I don’t think that’s from the baby, just the joys of pregnancy!   I’m oddly anxious to show.  When you walk around all day like a bloated zombie you sort of want people to know why 

Post # 8
320 posts
Helper bee

Had a good nuchal scan this morning! Was so happy to see how much the baby has grown.  I was feeling really anxious that we’d go in there and the baby would have stopped growing from the last time we saw it.  Its amazing how much they look like a tiny person.  Based on the measurement, our risk of issues went down.  Will be 7-10 days for the blood results that go with it. My husband started to panic when the doctor came in and re-did some of the measurements.  I wasn’t worried because I knew the other measurements I’d seen on the screen were normal, but he was really freaking out.  <br /><br />Now, to get ready to tell work next week.  Any suggestions on what to say? Haven’t done this before!

ShellVee:  Congrats on getting into the hospital you wanted!

lavenderskies:  I don’t think I show, but I am definitely thicker around the middle and can’t fit into my regular pants…  Also, I’m not in the FB group– not sure everyone is.  I still feel a little weird about giving a bunch of internet strangers my full name and location and picture…  I’m sure I’ll get there eventually.  These ladies are great!

Post # 9
2211 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

glacier_gal:  I see what you’re talking about hand-wise, but I’m talking about the two weird conjoined bumps that seem to be coming from the uterine wall that the baby seems to be chillaxing on.  I have my first “official” OB appointment in an hour and totally printed the sonogram off to ask my OB about it.  LOL

lavenderskies:  Thank you.  πŸ™‚  Get to hear the little panda’s hearbeat again in a bit; crossing my fingers that everything is still OK.  I feel like I’m starting to show, and I’m starting to regret not taking bump photos earlier to show the progression.  LOL

ShellVee:  So glad you got the hospital you were aiming for!  I didn’t get a hospital choice, but we have three hospitals in our 250,000ish population city (2 that have birthing wards) so they are pretty competitive with each other and have both been remodeled in the last few years.

Post # 10
593 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

DomesticDiva:  I’m guessing it’s your placenta!  

Post # 11
320 posts
Helper bee

DomesticDiva:  I see what you mean.  I wonder if that’s just caused by the angle of the ultrasound wand? 

Post # 12
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

DomesticDiva:  I have those two bumps too! I just went today and saw them. The doctor said I have an anterior placenta but that it was all normal. I might feel the baby later than others. Let me know what your doctor says!

I didn’t get a picture this time. But it seriously looked exactly the way yours does. I get my anatomy scan on a better machine on Feb 15th.

Post # 13
6524 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

ShellVee:  

ROLL CALL

Due date: 7/19/15

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): no idea!

How long did you try before your BFP? first try

If trying for awhile, what was different the month you got pregnant?

Any symptoms yet? this 2nd trimester seems to be going well, MS has subsided, although I am still very sleep

What are you most excited about? Delivery day, we are not going to find out the gender, so the day of delivery will be super exciting! And to see what who the baby will look like

What are you most nervous about? Delivery lol, I am scared of C-sec bc of recovery time, and I am scared of vaginal bc I plan to get an epidural, and I have back problems and I am scared I could become paralyzed if they stick me the wrong way

What have you/will you miss most while pregnant? Cold cuts, at first I said coffee, but I switched to decaf, but I miss a nice turkey sandwich!

Who have you told so far? My mom, sister, in laws, my bosses. I plan to tell the rest of the office next week and I am telling some cousins this weekend. 

Include a picture of your BFP and/or your latest ultrasound if you want! 

THis is the latest ultrasound, this was taken last Monday at my NT scan, baby is healthy! Looks more like a baby now! So exciting!

<br /><br /><br />

Post # 14
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

ShellVee:  Hey there, I have been changed to July 9th…..just for the next update. πŸ™‚

lavenderskies:  Hi there and welcome. I have recently started to see the my energy is starting to return. I still get tired at night but don’t feel the overwhelming need to nap or stay in bed anymore. I have also started to show a bit.. Not necessarly to the average person but to myself, husband and friends.  I will be 15 weeks tomorrow. 

glacier_gal:  Glad your scan went well. 

Post # 15
6524 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

lavenderskies:  i haven’t started showing yet, I am very bloated though. and I never had a flat stomach, so i just look like i gained weight. 

i am the first of my friends to get married and have a baby, so its nice to have this community to come and chat to . I have a lot of family with kids, but I love weddingbee. everyone is super helpful and supportive

The topic ‘July 2015 Mamas – Part 3 – Welcome to the 2nd trimester!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors