(Closed) July 2015 Mamas – Part 3 – Welcome to the 2nd trimester!

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 437
1503 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2008 - Toronto, ON

So as you guys know the ultrasound tech messed up and said “He is very active” during my last ultrasound appt and it’s been killing me, I wanted to know one way or another so Darling Husband and I agreed to find out at my OB appt this Tuesday that has just passed. So I get to the appt and I noticed it’s a different OB than last month, there are at least 6 OB’s at this clinic, so I have never met this one. I asked him if he could write down on a piece of paper what we are having and then we’d be going out for lunch and finding out there. He seemed to be in a rush, my appt only lasted about 10 mins and he was looking through the notes he said it doesn’t say, it just says dot, dot, dot! I was so frustrated so after the appt we decided to go downstairs to where I get the ultrasounds done and ask the receptionist there but she said she was not able to help us either. We were stumped and then we decided to go to my dr’s office and unfortunately my dr was away for March Break but the receptionist knows me quite well, I have been going there enough lately and she looked in her computer and she was able to find out and so she wrote it down on a piece of paper and folded it and then Darling Husband and I had a lovely lunch at a Chinese buffet restaurant and during dessert we videotaped us finding out and I am very pleased to say we are having a little boy, so the ultrasound tech did mess up, but now I am happy we know for sure it’s a boy. We are just very blessed our little one is healthy. We have decided we are still going to keep it a secret from friends and family and most people think we are having a little girl, it will be funny when they find out the baby is a boy! lol

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  MRS-K.
Post # 439
1503 posts
Bumble bee

ShellVee:  I have gone looking for baby stuff and bought some cute baby clothes but not any big ticket items yet. My BFF has 2 daughters and she agreed to come with me to help me buy stuff and start adding to my registry. Darling Husband is thrilled we are having a son and now because the baby’s last name with be hyphenated my maiden name will for sure carry on! πŸ™‚

Post # 440
1503 posts
Bumble bee

ShellVee:  Also yes you have definitely popped, love your baby bump!

Post # 441
515 posts
Busy bee

MRS-K:  Congrats on the baby boy!!! Speaking as someone who has a son, you are in for a world of fun and love and laughs and adventure and heart-melting moments. 

Post # 442
1503 posts
Bumble bee

redux:  Thanks! We can’t wait to meet our little man! πŸ™‚

Post # 443
1503 posts
Bumble bee

There is already a post on birthing classes but I am just wondering how many of the July mamas are taking or going to take birthing classes? I am debating because Darling Husband works a lot and doesn’t always have the same days off, so if it is a weekly class than it might be hard to attend. Also I am most likely going to get an epidural.

Post # 447
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

MRS-K:  I am planning on signing up for classes. I actually should look into that now.

Also just a quick little update about the book I started reading, “Happiest Baby on the Block”. I am only four chapters in so I will write more later on but it definitely seems like it is geared towards newborns to three months. It is how to make that time period, when babies cry a lot, better. It seems like it is focused on how to soothe them.

Post # 448
515 posts
Busy bee

We are basically back to the drawing board on names. We thought we were set on naming our daughter Summer Elizabeth and had even told our families . . . but the more I hear people use it (which just makes me really uncomfortable in general, using a given name for my in-utero child), the more I don’t think I’ll ever get used to a name that is the same as a really, really commonly-used word. I still like the name, I just don’t think I can live with it. And I’m kind of out of ideas. UGH!

Post # 449
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

redux:  I love the name Summer!  I think it’s a good idea to use it ahead of time to get a feel for it, I don’t know that I would have been able to name my baby that either, but I do think it’s a lovely name.  We’re having a boy and can’t agree on one name….I’m worried this kid will go nameless for a few days until we have to come up with something!

Post # 450
1503 posts
Bumble bee

ShellVee:  I asked all my friends if they went to any birthing classes and none of them did and I also asked my BFF if Darling Husband can’t make it would she like to attend a class with me and she said she doesn’t want to see a video of a woman giving birth! lol She has been  great help though, we are going baby shopping this Friday and starting my registry and yes, she is the only one besides Darling Husband that knows it’s a boy. She also agreed to be in the delivery room with me and Darling Husband when I go into labour. She was there for me when I went to the ER for vaginal bleeding and she calmed me down quite a bit. I am going to call and see what times the classes are at and if I can’t make them, I will just do a lot of reading on labour and delivery. It would be helpful though to get tips on how to take care of a new born but I guess I could get pointers from my friends too.

Also it sounds like you have a good friend giving you all those hand me downs.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  MRS-K.

The topic ‘July 2015 Mamas – Part 3 – Welcome to the 2nd trimester!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors