(Closed) July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 4
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I can’t believe we are going in to the third trimester. I remember initially being scared to even sign up for the July thread because it was so early and I was worried. I’m going to do the roll call again too. 

Roll Call

EDD: July 9th, 2015

Team: Green

Name (if you want to share): Girl – Taylor, Boy – we cannot decide…some names in the running are Jake (Jacob), William (Will), Alex, Jace, Aiden, Conner and Gavin.

The most exciting moment so far: I think tied for first would be the first time we saw the baby at our 12 week u/s.  And the first time Darling Husband was able to feel the baby move.

The thing(s) you miss the most: I’m just going to say it…Alcohol.  I really miss having social drinks with friends. 

Biggest fear for birth: My pelvis is out of alignment right now so I am going to start going to a Chiropractor to hopefully fix it. It makes natural birth way worse so I fear that.  I also have a c-section option which I won’t know until 32 weeks and for that it is getting the epidural. I am super scared of that. 

Any news you would like to share: Found out yesterday I passed the GD test. Yay!!  

The thing you are most looking forward to: Holding our baby and finding out the gender.  

Post # 5
515 posts
Busy bee

EDD: July 4th

Team: Pink

Name (if you want to share): Mackenzie Elizabeth

The most exciting moment so far: Finding out the sex was the highlight, I think.

The thing(s) you miss the most: Feeling pretty

Biggest fear for birth: A difficult recovery like last time

Any news you would like to share: I go in for another ultrasound on the 27th to see if my placenta has moved out of the way of my cervix. I really hope so — I don’t want a C-section.

The thing you are most looking forward to:

Post # 6
1503 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2008 - Toronto, ON

Roll Call

EDD: July 2nd 2015

Team: Originally green but happily team blue now!

Name (if you want to share): Most likely Andrew, not 100% on the middle name yet but it will most likely be a Turkish middle name either Aydin, Derin, Devin or Adem! I am picking the first name, Darling Husband is picking the middle name.

The most exciting moment so far: I think it is still when I got the BFP, I couldn’t believe it, I was in shock!

The thing(s) you miss the most: This may sound shallow but I miss being able to shop at my usual clothing stores and being able to fit into my old clothes!

Biggest fear for birth: I am a scaredy cat, I am terrified of the unknown, the pain, the thought of tearing down there, the thought of the dr possibly having to perform an episiotomy, not being in control, baby being in distress because I am taking too long to push baby out. Sometimes I think about this at night before I go to sleep.

Any news you would like to share: I also passed my GD test and after a lot of ups and downs this pregnancy is finally going smoothly for once.

The thing you are most looking forward to: Meeting our baby and seeing who he looks like.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  MRS-K.
Post # 7
6524 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

ShellVee:  

Roll Call

EDD: July 19th

Team: Green!

Name (if you want to share): Julia Rose if we have a girl, David Charles if we have a boy

The most exciting moment so far: the kicking! its so cool and its so much more fun now that Darling Husband can feel them bc I feel I can share these moments with him

The thing(s) you miss the most: cold cuts!!!!! Omggg i want a sandwich

Biggest fear for birth: having a c section, and I am afraid of getting an epidural. I am also afraid I will cave and get the epidural bc I dont know what kind of pain to wxpect. I dont want the epidural bc I am afraid of that needle going into my spine and someone messes up. I have read too many horror stories!

i also fear what my body is going to look like after. I fear its going to be very hard to get my body back and I already feel unattractive, 

Any news you would like to share: news…hmm…baby’s furniture is coming next tuesday!!$ so i will post a pic of the nursery when it comes

The thing you are most looking forward to: meeting baby! We are so excited to not know what we are having so we are really looking forward to that moment in the delivery room when they say “its a _______!!!”

Post # 8
515 posts
Busy bee

Oh. I realized I forgot to fill out what I’m most excited for. I don’t mean to sound like a curmudgeon, but I am most looking forward to BEING DONE REPRODUCING! TTC and the reproductive phase of our life was extremely painful and stressful and difficult, and I am so excited for that moment when we will have the two children we have always dreamed of out here in the world with us, and moving on with the rest of our life as a family. THAT is what I’m most excited for. 

Post # 9
1503 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2008 - Toronto, ON

redux:  You are so lucky to almost be done reproducing. We both most likely want 2 children, so I will have to do this again and sooner rather than later too because of our ages!

Post # 10
769 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

I roll called a few months ago for July but after my anatomy screening, my doctor said I’m more on par with mid-August. Soooo, I guess you can take me off the list. 🙁 I was parusing the boards and realized there’s NO August 2015 mommy threads! Everyone is either July or September, lol.

Post # 11
211 posts
Helper bee

I can’t believe we’re (heading into) third trimester now.  I’ll be 28 weeks on Saturday!

Roll Call

EDD: July 11

Team: Pink!

Name (if you want to share): We’re not 100% but probably Amelia.  Middle name likely Rose (family name on my side) but also not 100%.

The most exciting moment so far: Getting the BFP!  After that, each of us feeling her move for the first time was huge (I still get excited every time I feel her move). Also the first day I didn’t throw up! They are still few and far between but that there are days at all is such a relief, and I am packing on the pounds like a champ…I think my body is in starvation mode still; I get about 1200 calories/day and am gaining at least 2 pounds a week!

The thing(s) you miss the most: Eating normally.  Sleeping. Breathing normally. Working out (although recently I was cleared to start taking the dog on walks and doing body weight exercises! Not the same, but a big improvement over basically bed rest). Feeling like my own person…

Biggest fear for birth: We are really hoping for a natural birth, so one fear is C section or not being able to handle the pain of childbirth.  I was born wrapped up in my umbilical cord and almost suffocated, so that’s another one.

Any news you would like to share: Nothing new for me recently, just keeping on keeping on. Really dreading the GTT next week; I have always been sugar sensitive so I feel like I’m doomed to have GD even though I eat really well and usually exercise well and everything.

The thing you are most looking forward to: Having poppy on the outside and seeing my husband be a dad.  He is going to be amazing.

Post # 12
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I can’t beleive how quickly things are moving along!  100 more days to go for me!

EDD:  July 24th

Team:  Blue!

Name (if you want to share):  We are still struggling with this one…worried that this baby will come home from the hospital nameless (is that possible?)

The most exciting moment so far:  Finding out it was a boy, quite a shock, but it definitely helped me to bond with him.  Also feeling the kicks on the regular, best feeling ever!

The thing(s) you miss the most:  Not much, really enjoying being pregnant.  Ok, I do miss the occassional drink or two!

Biggest fear for birth:  Everything, I’m a wimp and already having anxiety thinking about giving birth. 

Any news you would like to share:  I’m not doing the GD test for another two weeks, but I did one early (18 weeks I think) and passed that one.  I have an appointment with Dr. tomorrow and will get to see my little guy on ultrasound, very excited.

The thing you are most looking forward to:  Meeting my son and seeing what he looks like!

Post # 13
1782 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

EDD: Was July 23, moved to July 20, baby will be born by medically necessary C SECTION on July 13.

Team: Pink

Most exciting moment so far: My hubby being able to feel baby kick by week 20, then being able to just look at my belly and see her move by week 25! I will always remember his expression, he was in awe! He’s so excited, sometimes he cries. ♡

Things I miss the most: Not sure… but maybe sleeping for 8+ hours straight.

Biggest Fear: Any form of preterm labor, I don’t want to go into labor at all. I have a planned C section for a reason and I just hope the baby doesn’t have a different plan. My preferred hospital is a little over 2 hrs away, where I have all my appts, a different hospital is 17 miles away in case of emergency only. 

Thing you are most looking forward to: Me and my hubby meeting our baby girl. We prayed for her to be concieved, I begged while I prayed, we tried so hard for this baby, 7 cycles and my cycles were off and long so almost a year of trying. We are almost ready… still working on the nursery. We are just ready to be parents. We cry together just talking about bringing her home, she is so loved already ♡♡♡

Post # 14
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

EDD: July 4th

Team: Pink!

The most exciting moment so far: Finding out the sex, and feeling her move.

The thing(s) you miss the most: Alcohol, salami, and parmaseano reggiano cheese (unpasturized).

Biggest fear for birth: Having to fight for a natural birth at the hospital. I only know two people (out of many) who have had them, and they both had to fight tooth and nail the entire time. There were no medical reasons for nterventions in both their cases, they just weren’t “progressing fast enough” for the nurses/dr. Both babies were born perfectly healthy. Obviously, I would accept any intervention if the baby or my health was at stake.

Any news you would like to share: I passed my GD test! And although I’ve felt less movement over the course of my pregnancy due to an anterior placenta, movement has really amped up in the last week, which is exciting. Sometimes I can even see my belly move – so weird!

The thing you are most looking forward to: Meeting the girl! Holding her for the first time, and bringing her home.

Post # 15
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

redux:  Good luck with your ultrasound. I do mine on the 13th for the same thing. 

The topic ‘July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors