(Closed) July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 137
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

ShellVee:  Oh my goodness. I’m thinking of you!

Post # 138
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

tracylesq:  ughhh.  that sucks.  the 3-hr test is awful, but hopefully you’ll pass.  It was less bad that I expected. So sorry, doctors offices are so terrible about sharing results sometimes.

ShellVee:  Oh my goodness!!! That must have been terrifying.  Glad to hear both you and baby are doing fine.    I’m surprised they might let you go home- was it a partial or a complete membrane rupture?  Any amniotic fluid left? Sending positive vibes your way. 

Post # 139
320 posts
Helper bee

ShellVee:  My goodness – just saw the update.  Glad things are moving along ok.  Keep us updated.  It sounds like baby is responding well to the steroids and hopefully will keep developing and stay put for at least a few more weeks.

Post # 140
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

ShellVee:  I tried to come two months early on my mom and she was put on medication as well. I stayed in for another six weeks and only came two weeks early.  Fingers crossed for you that your little one will be similar. 

Post # 141
320 posts
Helper bee

Anyone else get their TDAP vaccine yet? I just got mine.  They recommended Darling Husband and any caregivers for the baby get theirs.  Darling Husband is going to go get his… I asked my parents to think about getting one, not that they will be primary caregivers, but I guess it can’t hurt.

Post # 142
211 posts
Helper bee

glacier_gal:  Darling Husband got his last week and I’m getting mine tomorrow…my parents both got theirs and my Mother-In-Law is up to date. My Father-In-Law is due in January so he decided he didn’t need it so I’m not happy about that; I think Darling Husband is going to try to convince him it’d be good to go ahead and get it since it would make us feel better. I don’t know why he’s being weird about it unless maybe there’s an insurance issue. Sigh.

Post # 143
320 posts
Helper bee

littlestcapy:  that is weird.  I did also read that it isn’t the same as a tetanus shot (the regular one is just Td not TDAP), so if they have the regular tetanus booster, they aren’t covered.  Maybe that would give FIL the incentive to get it now?

Apparently there was just a whooping cough outbreak in the next town over last week.  Who would’ve thought! Not something I think about, but then again, I’m not around school-aged kids a lot.

Post # 144
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

ShellVee:  Oh my goodness.  So sorry to hear about this…I’m glad it sounds like you’re in good hands. Hang in there!  I hope baby stays cooking for as long as he/she can, but I’m glad the steroids are in and baby is getting stronger by the day.  You both will get through this.  Hugs!!!!

Post # 145
320 posts
Helper bee

So, yesterday I started havinh swelling in one leg, in addition to already having pain and cramping there. went to thevdr at lunchtime and now waiting on a venous ultrasound to check for blood clots.  swelling is getting worse, i’m feeling like it will turn out to be a blood clot.  so stressed and upset right now. 

i guess our band of July mamas is going to get all the potential complications.

Post # 146
320 posts
Helper bee

Definitely a blood clot. Waiting to be admitted to the hospital now.  Ugh.

Post # 147
593 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

glacier_gal:  Oh dear.  Hopefully they can blast it and treat you quickly and get you back home.  Keep us posted.  

Post # 148
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

glacier_gal:  Oh no.  You poor thing.  What a nightmare.  Good think you’re in touch with your body and caught something was wrong before any additional complications developed.  I’m sure you’re in good hands.  Keep us updated.  Thinking of you. 

Post # 149
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

glacier_gal:  good luck with everythin. Thank god you caught it in time. Hope you get home soon. 

Post # 150
211 posts
Helper bee

glacier_gal:  so glad you’re getting treated right away; good for you to catch the swelling early! From beginning to end we do seem to have a lot of the pregnancy woes in this group…I really hope the next couple months are uneventful, happy, healthy ones for everyone.

The topic ‘July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors