(Closed) July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 166
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

66 days until my due date.  Its getting real. 

On the fun and exciting side of things: DH painted the nursery this weekend.  Just one more coat of paint on the trim and then that is ticked off the to-do list.  We need to finish sanding/stripping the closet doors, which is a project I started 2 years ago… and got 90% done and haven’t touched since.  We were going to use the crib we had, until my husband pointed out that the one we were given (hand me down) has a piece broken and we can’t raise it up… and I’m short.  Ikea crib (and a chair for the nursery) ordered. 

We still need to strip the trim (DH’s job) and paint our soon to be master bedroom (another task that’s been on going about a year) and move in, then move the guest bed from the nursery to the room we are in… lots to do, but I think we can make it happen.  Worst case, we paint the trim in the future master. I’m ready to get the great room shuffle done.

View original reply
vintagelover:  
View original reply
DomesticDiva:  
View original reply
ShellVee:  Thanks ladies!  One day at a time.  Had to give my first shot when I was home alone this morning (well, minus the pups) and I managed to survive ok.  Just have to distract myself immediately afterwards (thank you doggies!).

View original reply
redux:  Sorry to hear that.  Do they have any guess as to why baby’s growth isn’t keeping up? You’ll be in my thoughts! Hopefully it is smooth sailing from here.

Post # 167
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
redux:  I guess on a good note you know in advance and can start preparing now. Hopefully your baby will keep up her growth. 

I hsd hsd my third ultrasound on Wednesday and my placenta has moved out of the way. The baby however is in transverse position so will bd working on getting it to get in to position ovrr the next little while. 

Post # 169
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014 - Costa Rica destination

Hi ladies- haven’t commented in a while….. will be 31 weeks in 2 days.. So excited for baby girl.  She was breeched and then went to Dr. on Friday – they “think” by feeling my belly that her head has moved to proper positioning.  Current symptoms:::::::  ACHY feet and ankles AS SOON AS I WAKE UP!!!  Also getting charlie horses in my calves during sleep… if anybody is getting the charlie horses..COCONUT WATER helps soooooo much.  But I need any advice on how to alleviate this pressure in my feet.  So far I have gained 28 pounds.

Post # 171
320 posts
Helper bee

Its been very quiet around here- the calm before everything happens all at once?? How is everyone doing? Would love to get everyone’s updates. We should have a few people down to just 5 weeks before the due date! I’ve got just over 8 weeks to go… It feels really far away and really soon all at once.

Has anyone heard from Mrs K? How’s her little one doing?

View original reply
mckeestephanie:  Good luck getting baby to shift.  They said in our classes that babies can move way up until close to your due date. Fingers crossed for you!

View original reply
jujee:  Sorry about the swelling – keep those feet up as much as possible!  You could always try compression socks… Not too attractive, but I’m rocking them for my blood clot issue– they are also apparently good for helping with swelling.  Ask your Dr what he/she thinks.

Post # 172
515 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
glacier_gal:  Oh, ya know, still just wigging out about my miniature fetus, hoping for good news at the growth scan next week. Biophysical profile ultrasounds have been good otherwise (even if time consuming). 

We are trying to figure out a date for induction that will maximize my husband’s paternity leave. Ideally we’d do it on a Thursday or Friday so that he can take a day or two of vacation/sick time and then start his two-week leave on a Monday. The problem is that it puts me at either 36+6 (maybe too soon) or 37+5 (maybe too long). I guess I’ll talk to the doctor and figure it out next week.

Found out from my boss that I’m getting 4-5 months off at 2/3 of my salary, which was more than what I was anticipating — on both counts. Feeling thankful and relieved about that!

Post # 173
571 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
glacier_gal:  Thanks a lot. My chiropractor thinks that it has flipped already between what she has been doing and my exercises. I have my midwife appointment next week so will hopefully confirm either way. 

I am down to six weeks now.  I can’t believe it. I have three weeks left of work and then a possible three weeks off…depending on when baby decides to show up if it flips. It is also now hot in my area so that has been a bit to get use to. I am glad it isn’t cold anymore that is for sure but now when I take the dog out I completely change into stuff I will sweat in. 

The baby has been moving like crazy lately.  I use to be able to sleep through it all no problem but now not so much. I have been also getting what feels like bladder/vagina punches which aren’t the most pleasant thing in the world. 

We have been to two prenatal classes so far.  Last weeks videos were slightly terrifying haha. 

Post # 174
320 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
redux:  Hopefully they will let you do 36+6, that’s almost 37 weeks! Good news about your time off and salary – its nice that they are giving you 4-5 months.  That’s more than most employers!

View original reply
mckeestephanie:  Glad to hear they think the baby flipped!! That’s good news!  6 weeks will fly by (now please just tell me that 8 weeks will also fly by…) We just finished our classes – we missed the one on natural labor because I was in the hospital, but saw the video of a c-section (less bad than I expected).  The discussion on SIDS and post partum depression this week weirded me out a lot… 

Post # 175
571 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
glacier_gal:  I was reading about PPD in my Ina May book last night.  I went to the Chiropractor today and she said the baby is back to sideways so it probably wasn’t flipped on Monday and that it could have been a wiggly bum.  So back to ridiculous exercises. 

Post # 176
2211 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

My baby shower is this weekend! 

I had always planned to make myself a dress for it, but then got sidetracked by a sewing contest where I made a whole maternity wardrobe.  Because of time, I was on the fence about making a dress, and then I saw some great fabric online and decided to go ahead with it.  Altered my pattern for correct fit on Monday, Muslined (made a mock-up to check for fit) it on Tuesday, cut it out and started sewing last night!  I’m maybe 1/4 of the way done with the sewing portion; as long as I can motivate myself to work on it tonight, I think I can get it done.

Random question:  Anyone doing or thinking of doing perineal massage?  It kind of grosses me out, but I also don’t want to tear during delivery…

View original reply
jujee:  My feet and ankles have been BS, too.  They start off the day just slightly puffy, but by the end of the day I look like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man from mid calf down.  And the swelling makes bending my ankles to walk hurt.  πŸ™  My doctor said it’s really common and they don’t worry about it unless you have accompanying symptoms that could indicate pre-eclampsia.

View original reply
glacier_gal:  I have about 7 weeks left!  Well, I imagine it will be more like 8.5 weeks since my mom’s first born was a week and a half late and so were both of my sister’s kids.  But I can hope it’s only 7 weeks! I agree, it seems so far, yet so close.  So much to do still!

I don’t have too much going these days besides the foot/ankle edema.  Starting to get some back pain again, but it’s not terrible.  Seems like little dude is squirming around all of the time.  It’s both reassuring and a bit annoying.  Of course, when I realize he hasn’t moved in a while I then poke him (I am so part of the problem!  Ha.).

The postpartum disorder talk squigged me out, too.  Mostly the postpartum depression and psychosis, AKA:  please don’t let this happen to me.  I have history of depression, though, so it’s good to know what to look for and for DH to also know.

View original reply
redux:  Sorry to hear you’re going to have to induce early; I will be thinking of you and your little pumpkin.  How awesomely generous of your workplace on the time off!  I’m envious.

View original reply
mckeestephanie:  Sounds promising!  Hope your midwife tells you exactly what you want to hear next week.  I am totally getting bladder and vagina punches, too.  That stabby vagina pain (which my sister warned me about and when it happened for the first time I was like “ah, so THAT’S what she was talking about.”) is the worst.  LOL

View original reply
ShellVee:  Glad to hear your sweet baby girl is doing well!  How have you been feeling, mama?

Post # 177
254 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

Wellll, it’s been more than a month since I’ve checked in! There are already two babies born?!? Holy mackerel. is it too late for me to jump in on Facebook? I check FB waaay more than the Bee, who needs my email?

EDD: July 8

Team: Pink!

Name (if you want to share): Vivienne Kate

The most exciting moment so far: Finding out the sex (so excited for another daughter!) and every jab, kick and wiggle.

The thing(s) you miss the most: Carbs and alcohol. My husband has instructions to bring a heavily cream cheesed bagel, doughnuts and Mountain Dew to the hospital and as soon as I’m off painkillers mama will be having a drink.

Biggest fear for birth: A repeat performance of my first time, I’m trying to stay zen and confident about it though. And I’m trying to do everything possible to avoid induction or c section. 

Any news you would like to share: Officially diagnosed with GD. So far it’s controlled with strict diet and exercise, but poking my finger 4x a day sucks hard. 

The thing you are most looking forward to: Meeting my little sugar baby and watching my oldest turn into a big sister. 

Post # 179
515 posts
Busy bee

Is anyone else experiencing really strong contractions at night? I remember having Braxton Hicks with my son, but nothing like this. 

Post # 180
571 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
redux:  Not I. I actually didn’t think I was getting any Braxton hicks at all but when I was at the Chiropractors on Monday she always feels my ligaments and stopped because I was apparently having one. I do have a pain on my right side that has started over the last four days though. It is at belly button level and always on the right. 

The topic ‘July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors