(Closed) July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 226
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Hey girls,  I am currently 37 + 4 weeks now and my midwife said it was considered full term. Who knows haha. The weird thing about my ultrasounds though is that at 32 weeks I was apparently measuring two days ahead and at my ultrasound at 36 weeks I was measuring one week behind at 35.  WTF. I am seriously doubting all the measurements.  

On a good note I am finished work now officially which I am really happy about.  The weekend was super busy and I am still exhausted from it.  Hopefully I can catch up in the next couple of days. 

Post # 227
515 posts
Busy bee

DomesticDiva:  I delivered at 37w exactly. When I hear stories of other people with IUGR babies, I really feel like I was misdiagnosed and just had a regular small baby. But she’s here and we love her and there’s no going back!

glacier_gal:  Thursday is her first weight check after the hospital, and we are so hoping for good news! She’s a delightful, sweet, very snuggly little one so far. My son is absolutely in love with her. 

Post # 228
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

35+5 today.  I think its the first of my internal exams and I think the Strep B test.  Next appt isn’t til 37 and I’ll be switching my meds then- the end is in sight…

I’m so exhausted… but I can’t imagine that is going to change once baby gets here.

mckeestephanie:  My understanding is that the measurements get less accurate the further along you are… so I wouldn’t read too much into it.

redux:  Glad to hear it!

Post # 229
320 posts
Helper bee

ughh, just found out that they can’t get prefilled syringes for the medicine I switch to next week.  At least the meds come in single dose vials, but having to fill them myself is stressing me out a bit.  Hoping this baby comes early so there is less time I need to do the more complicated injection.  I go back to the original meds after delivery for at least 6 weeks- then either that or transition to a pill (with lots of blood monitoring) for another 10 to 18 weeks.

I just need to be thankful I’m feeling good, baby is moving around, and things seem to be going well.  Darling Husband and I can handle the medicine change…

Post # 230
6524 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

redux:  congrats!!!!!! Keep us updated! Hope we can get a peak at your beautiful baby!!! Hope you and baby are well

Post # 232
320 posts
Helper bee

Also posted this on the facebook group. 

The friend of a friend is looking for first time moms to participate in interviews for her dissertation. She is specifically looking for high income, non-white women and lower income white women. Anyone interested in helping can send her an email at: [email protected]

Post # 233
571 posts
Busy bee

Yay. Love the board and seeing it fill up with babies. 

Post # 234
515 posts
Busy bee

ShellVee:  Never thought I’d be a 6/13 mom! Also, not to be persnickety, but no capital K in Mackenzie. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 236
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014 - Costa Rica destination

ShellVee:  Board looks great! Im in my 36th weeks and have last urasound this Wednesday..can’t wait. What is the facebook site so I can join?

Post # 238
2211 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

glacier_gal:  I have such baby brain that I couldn’t come up with “railing” on my own.  I first thought of banister, but was like “I don’t usually call it that…” and then found hand rail.  Yeesh.  Suppose I should’ve had a bit more omega fatty acids in the last few months… :\

No more accidents since last week, at least!  Though, my husband threw a bunch of stuff down our basement stairs and when I saw it I sent him a text “preggo death trap?” with this picture:

Post # 239
2211 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

So, I was planning on working until I go into labor, but I get more bitchy and uncomfortable every day…I’m thinking I’ll try sticking it out for another week and have my last day be July 10th (due date is July 14).

How’s everyone else doing?  JULY IS TOMORROW!

mckeestephanie:  Yeah, measurements really aren’t necessarily so accurate, like glacier gal said.  So nice that you are already on maternity leave!

redux:  Gotcha.  ๐Ÿ™‚  I’m so glad she’s doing well!  Hope you are, too.

ShellVee:  So glad to hear she’s finally home with you!  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 240
571 posts
Busy bee

DomesticDiva:  I am doing okay.  I get tired pretty easily now and still have the heartburn.  I also developed Hemmoroids over the weekend from the baby lowering which is not fun at all.  Luckily the medicine I was perscibed seems to be working.  I have to do another ultrasound because my measurements (bump measurements) was the same two weeks in a row and then went down this week so they want to check to make sure the babies growth and my amniotic fluid is both good.  The funny thing is that it is scheduled for July 10th which is a day after my due date haha. 

The topic ‘July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors