(Closed) July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 241
2211 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

mckeestephanie:  Oh no.  🙁  Sorry about the ‘roids.  I keep wondering if/when that will happen to me.  That is kind of funny they aren’t doing the ultrasound until after your due date…maybe they figure that first time moms tend to go a bit later… My doctor also told me that the bump measurements aren’t accurate past about 36 weeks, since the baby starts to move lower and squish itself.

I am just so done with this.  I’m only 38 weeks, though, so I know it could be 3-4 weeks still.  F*CK.

ShellVee:  Apparently my reading comprehension is suffering today.  You said Kaylee’s been home a month…not that she just came home.  Yay for almost a month home!

Post # 242
515 posts
Busy bee

mckeestephanie:  You were given meds?! Can I ask what? Mine still suck. 

Post # 243
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

redux:  It is a prescription called Proctofoam-HC.  Its not pretty haha.  You literally have to shoot foam up your butt.  It feels a bit odd.  The way it was explained to me is that the foam will get the entire roid that is in your anus.  You have to do it three times a day for 10 days. I started it yesterday and the pain is almost completely gone today.

Post # 244
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I’m just wondering and waiting to see whose baby is next… I feel like there will be a whole lot of them all at once.  Anyone have a guess as to whose baby will come next? 

DomesticDiva:  Right?  Like how are you supposed to bend over and pick that up until you’ve already gone down the stairs.  That’s really funny.

THat’s nice that you’re starting leave early.  I work from home and since I can work sitting on my couch with my feet up I feel like I just need to keep on going until I go into labor (hopefully my water doesn’t break on the couch…).  I’m not that uncomfortable, mostly just get tired easily.  3 weeks and 1 day to go.

mckeestephanie:  So sorry about the ‘roids.  Not fun.  Hopefully you feel better soon– and hopefully you have a baby you can see instead of having to go get that ultrasound!

Post # 245
320 posts
Helper bee

Just got back from my 37 week appointment.  They’re going to induce at 39 weeks b/c of the blood clot.  Anyone else been induced? I’m a little apprehensive about it… I’ve heard its not pleasant (and the OB warned its not fun, and could take up to 3 days, and isn’t always successful). Any advice would be appreciated.

Post # 246
571 posts
Busy bee

glacier_gal:  I also cant wait to see who is next.  I know I am at the beginning so I may be one of them. My due date is July 9th so 7 more days. I just can’t remember if there is anyone in front of me. I think there is three or four though.

My cousin and friend were induced in the last two weeks. My cousin took from Friday to Sunday for it to work….she had contractions from Friday but wasn’t dialating.  But my friend was only a couple hours before it worked.  Both got epidurals and said that it helped alot because the induction wasn’t fun. I’m not sure if that is helpful or not.

Post # 247
2211 posts
Buzzing bee

Next Friday will be my last day of work!  Unless something happens before then, which I doubt, since I’m not due for another 12 days (July 14).

glacier_gal:  I’ve had friends that have been induced.  I feel like everyone has or knows someone with some sort of horror story about birth, no matter how it happens.  I think the best thing at this point would probably be to know how everything is going to work, but not read a lot about other people’s experiences and try to go in with as optimistic of an attitude as you can muster.  You can do it, girl!  🙂

mckeestephanie:  Yes, it will be so interesting to see who’s next!  Found out that my local friend (due 2 days after me) is being induced next Wednesday (because of the IUGR).  Here’s hoping you get to have your babe sooner than later.

Post # 249
1534 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Hi ladies!  After my MMC I had to stay away from this thread for a long time,  but I’m in a much better place now, and it’s great to read up on how you are all doing!  I’m almost 19w pregnant, and due in November.

I hope everyone’s deliveries go well  (and congrats to the ladies whose babies are here!)

Post # 250
2211 posts
Buzzing bee

SaltedCaramel:  So happy to hear about your November babe!  🙂

Post # 251
571 posts
Busy bee

SaltedCaramel:  Great news about your baby.  Can’t wait to see pictures.

Post # 252
1782 posts
Buzzing bee

SaltedCaramel, so happy to hear about your being pregnant, congratulations! ♡

Post # 253
2211 posts
Buzzing bee

My pregnant friend (due July 16) had her baby yesterday!  I imagine she spontaneously went into labor because they weren’t going to induce until later in the week.

So happy she didn’t have to go through that, but her announcement made me cry because I am so uncomfortable and miserable.  I just want him out. 

Post # 254
320 posts
Helper bee

SaltedCaramel:  Congrats!! Best wishes for a healthy pregancy, easy delivery, and healthy mama and baby!

DomesticDiva:  So sorry you’re uncomfortable.  It’ll be delivery day before you know it! Just do whatever makes you happy (I had cherry cobbler for breakfast…) and a little bit more comfortable.  You’ve only got a little time left to pamper yourself before baby gets here (and I say, pamper away…).  You could go get a pedicure.  My friend went into labor when she got a pedicure.  There’s apparently a spot on your feet that massage therapists won’t go near when you’re pregnant because it can help induce labor.  Double benefits- relaxing and maybe it’ll speed things up!

Post # 255
571 posts
Busy bee

So I had my cervix checked today and a stretch and sweep, or membrane sweep I guess it is sometimes called as well.  My midwife said my cervix is still long but was able to get a finger in to do the sweep.  I was super nervous about it because I thought it was going to be really painful but just wanted to let you guys know that, for me atleast, it was mostly just kind of uncomfortable and a lot of pressure.  

Anyway looks like my due date of Thursday may be coming and going with no baby.  Might have to start eating spicy foods again. 

The topic ‘July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors