(Closed) July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 256
2211 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

glacier_gal:  Thank you for your sweet response.  πŸ™‚  I imagine we are all getting a little antsy ’round these parts.  And I’m sorry about induction bad talk…I realized how shitty what I said was too late.  You don’t need that negativity.

mckeestephanie:  You never know!  Maybe you’ll go into labor tomorrow.  Here’s crossing my fingers for you to have that baby sooner than later.

Post # 257
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I go to a group OB/Midwife practice.  We rotate through all the different providers.  Last week I saw one of the 3 OBs, who said they would induce at 39 weeks and that she was oncall all that weekend.  Well, that was last Thursday, before the holiday… we were going to schedule it this week.  She’s on vacation this week, saw a different OB (who I also like) who hadn’t heard about that… and apparently the OB last week got the schedule confused, she’s not on call the weekend after I hit 39 weeks, the male OB (who is about 72 and nice, but not the sharpest or fastest) is… and I’d prefer he didn’t do my induction (just because there is likely to be more intervention needed with a c-section).  One of the office staff is trying to track down the OB on vacation to figure this out and will call me today or tomorrow about scheduling the induction after she hears more.  I’m just frustrated because I thought I’d have an answer now.  I have a lot to get done at work and was banking on working all next week…

mckeestephanie:  I’m planning to start eating a lot of spicy Indian food soon!  I also heard Eggplant Parm and balsamic vinegar may help… not sure if it will, but it can’t hurt, right?

DomesticDiva:  No worries! πŸ™‚

Post # 258
282 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

kmark2688:  I couldn’t look through all the threads but there is an August moms group. We are all active on the FB group more than we are on here. Would love to connect still if you’re interested!

Post # 259
1936 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

July mamas…. You’ve got an August mama here stalking your board to see those babies coming…. Have there been any more born that aren’t announced on the bee yet?!? 

Post # 260
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Andthepupmakes3:  Not yet. I am officially late now but I think next week there is suppose to be three babies. 

Post # 261
2211 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

glacier_gal:  I would definitely insist on being induced when a doctor your comfortable with is on call.  Sorry you’ve had to deal with such frustrating lack of information. πŸ™

mckeestephanie:  I already have friends and family who have started saying “you haven’t had that baby yet.” And I’m not even at my due date yet. Thinking of you as you wait. 

Post # 262
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I ran most of our errands today… Trying to tick things off the to-do list that have been lingering… took some returns to babies r us, dropped off some stuff at goodwill, hit the grocery store and the wholesale club. 

Can’t believe I’m going to be a mom in under a week (well, mom to a 2-legged baby, my 4-legged baby has his bag packed and he will be heading to my parents Wednesday evening while we’re on our way to the hospital).

Andthepupmakes3:  I think three or four in the next few days- people have been posting on our FB group.  I’m being induced on Wednesday night/Thursday.  There are two C-sections scheduled — and there are a few others who are past their due date like mckeestephanie!  I think this is just the calm before a whole bunch of babies all at once!

Post # 263
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014 - Costa Rica destination

Hi Ladies!  38 weeks this Tuesday and I am beyond tired… my left foot is so swollen and puffy it literally hurts to walk.  Blood test and urine all came back normal….. dialeted 2 centimeters…. ugh July 28th is just tooooooooooo far away

Post # 264
795 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

An October Mama here, wishing you all luck and hoping I get to read some birth story threads πŸ™‚ 

Post # 265
571 posts
Busy bee

DomesticDiva:  Thanks so much.  Still waiting for baby here. 40 + 4 now. Tried sex, spicy food, pineapple, walking, took a hike, stetch and sweep. Nothing.  

I bought more pineapple and have another stretch and sweep tomorrow.  Fingers crossed it works. Today I am having a hard time for some reason. I keep losing my breath from bending over or doing anything pretty much.

Post # 266
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Hello all, sorry for the late update. Please welcome Ada Elizabeth, who actually decided to be a June baby, after all.

Born June 28th, 6 lbs, 7 ounces. We had a very difficult labor that began with my water breaking at 39 weeks. After my water broke, labor did not start on its own for over 24 hours so we had to induce to prevent risk of infection. After 40 hours of labor her little heart kept stopping during pushing, so we got an urgent c-section, and she needed to be intubated at birth because of a pocket of air that developed near her lung during her first breath. She spent a week in the NICU, but is now home and doing great. The air pocket reabsorbed on its own, and she is as healthy as can be. We love our little girl more than anything in the world! It’s so good to have her home. I am still mourning the birth vision that I did not get to have, but more importantly I am so grateful to everyone at the hospital for keeping her safe.

Post # 267
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

vintagelover:  Congrats!  She’s beautiful!  Sorry you didn’t get to have the birth you hoped for, but glad you and baby are healthy!

AFM, I am being induced on my initial due date, 7/23!  Hoping the little guy makes an appearance on his own next week…..trying everything I can to move things along, but trying not to stress it.  I am having my first check on Friday, so we’ll see if anything is happening then!  Can’t wait for all these babies to arrive πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Spinwife.
Post # 268
571 posts
Busy bee

vintagelover:  Congratulations on your baby girl!  She is beautiful.  Sounds like you had a tough time and I hope you are doing well now. Here is to a speedy recovery for you. 

Post # 269
515 posts
Busy bee

vintagelover:  Congratulations! She’s beautiful!!!

Ladies. I need someone to talk me down. Mackenzie is a month old now and I keep dwelling on the fact that I chose the “wrong” birthday for her for my induction. 6/15/15 would’ve been so much cooler and easier than 6/13/15. Why didn’t I just wait the two more days?! This is silly, right? A birthday is a birthday and it doesn’t matter?

Post # 270
698 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

vintagelover:  Congratulations!! What a beautiful baby girl πŸ™‚

PS – I’m another August mama-to-be, creeping on you July mamas to look for babies being born!! Can’t wait to see all of your updates, and wishing you all safe deliveries.

The topic ‘July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors