(Closed) July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 17
593 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Roll Call

EDD:  July 21st (but will have to schedule a repeat c-section sometime after July 14th)

Team:  Green!

Name (if you want to share):  No idea!  I really need to start thinking about this.

The most exciting moment so far:  Probably the BFP and getting the good kicks again.  Baby kicks are really the best and you miss it when they are kicking you from the outside!

The thing(s) you miss the most:  My immune system.  I’ve been sick with colds every few weeks this entire pregnancy.  But mostly that’s my only complaint.  

Biggest fear for birth:  Having my baby end up in the NICU again or having a more difficult recovery than last time.  

Any news you would like to share:  We’re moving this weekend.  I’m feeling really stressed and emotional, buy excited too.  Just want to be settled in our new home so we can start focusing on this new little one on the way.

The thing you are most looking forward to:  Finding out the gender and seeing what this baby looks like.  Also seeing my two babies together.

Post # 18
769 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2015

mckeestephanie:  Tehe, okay, thanks. πŸ™‚

Roll Call

EDD: Before my first anatomy screening (I also had a second so the doctor could accurately measure his growth) I was thinking end of July, but I wasn’t as far along as I thought so doctor’s confirmed it’ll be more like early-mid august 8/8/2015

Team: Blue!

Name (if you want to share): Colton Paul, Colt for short. It’s the only name my husband and I agreed on and we love it!

The most exciting moment so far: kicks, kicks and MORE kicks! I have a very active baby. I also loved seeing his ultrasound pictures.

The thing(s) you miss the most: beer. I’m not even a big drinker but for some reason, I’ve really been wanting beer lately!

Biggest fear for birth: Everything. I know it’ll likely be okay but I’m a big wuss and I’d be lying if I said I was looking forward to delivery. I’ll be glad when it’s all over and I get to meet my son.

Any news you would like to share: My husband and I moved into a new home a few months ago and we are STILL trying to get things together and organize. It’s such a pain because I have absolutely no energy. I come home from work and I crash on the couch for a few hours, eat a light dinner and then go to bed. I’m zapped every day. We still have SO MUCH TO DO before our son gets here. After the baby shower (June), it’s going to be crunch time so we’ll really need to get a move on finishing our baby’s room, getting the rest of our furniture out of storage, and organizing our place. I’m also in a wedding next month so we don’t have any free weekends until after the wedding! I’m looking forward to that being done…

The thing you are most looking forward to: I’m really excited to meet my son, of course. I’m also really looking forward to seeing how my husband will be with our first. He’s extremely thrilled to be a dad.

Post # 20
1504 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2008 - Toronto, ON

My sister is talking to a long lost second cousin once removed he found her on Ancestry.com and today she found out our great great grandfather’s name was Andrew on my mom’s side and it is pretty cool because Andrew was also my grandfather and great great grandfather’s name on my dad’s side too, so it seems like the name Andrew is meant to be even more, since the name is on both sides of the family! Also I think we might go with the middle name Devin, it is Irish, Gaelic and Turkish and the spelling is the same for all 3 origins! I am glad we most likely have our baby’s name picked out, one less thing to stress out about! 

I can’t believe we are in the third trimester now, time is flying by, it is scaring me! lol There’s so much to do still. The kicks are getting more intense and sometimes I feel him jab me in the ribs. Do you guys have any idea what your little ones are going to look like? I keep wondering what colour hair my baby is going to have because I have red hair and Darling Husband has dark brown, also I have blue eyes and Darling Husband has hazel. I can’t wait to see what our little man is going to look like! πŸ™‚

Post # 21
1504 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2008 - Toronto, ON

ShellVee:  The boys are catching up! 

Post # 22
593 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

MRS-K:  I wonder a lot what the new one will look like.  My husband and I both have dark brown hair and brown eyes, and my daughter miraculously got the blue eyes I never thought our child would have.  Her hair is also much lighter.  My dad and brother and maternal grandmother, who she’s named after have blue eyes, but I’ve been wearing blue contacts for years..  She also didn’t look anything like my husband until around 8 months and she suddenly morphed into his clone.  Lately she’s starting to look like my brother when he was little.  Not too much like me, and most certainly didn’t get my thick curly hair.  Boo.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  .
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  .
Post # 23
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

My husband has blond hair and blue eyes.  I have dark brown hair and blue eyes.  My husbands family is also tall and mine is more average.  Both my husband and I were chubby babies so I am kind of expecting that.

Post # 24
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I went for a 26 week ultrasound yesterday and was not expecting the tech to do a 3d image! It was awesome….can’t wait to meet the little guy.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Spinwife. Reason: I don't know why it is sideways and super large, or how to edit it. Sorry
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Spinwife.
Post # 25
213 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Post # 26
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Wow, I can’t believe how time is flying!! 

EDD: 7/30

Team: Pink! 

Name (if you want to share):  Still working on it…  πŸ™‚ 

The most exciting moment so far: Feeling baby kick and actually seeing my belly move!

The thing(s) you miss the most:  Wine, margaritas, sushi, deli meat… and I’ll admit it having sex with my husband without feel uncomfortable πŸ™‚ 

Biggest fear for birth: Preterm labor…

Any news you would like to share: I shared already that baby girl has a 2 vessel cord, I also found out I have a bacterial infection in my uterus this week.  This means I’m offically “high risk” …it’s being treated but I’ll be monitored a little extra closely for preterm birth.  Scary but hoping for the best. Grow baby, grow!!!!

The thing you are most looking forward to:  Meeting our baby girl!!  Kissing her little face, laying her on my chest, seeing my husband holding her, adjusting to life as a family of 3 πŸ™‚  I’m getting excited!

Post # 27
100 posts
Blushing bee

Ladies…I’m looking for honest opinions on a name πŸ™‚  My husband and I have gone back and forth on baby girl names and the only name we can agree on is: Ivy.   I loved it at first, but I feel like I’m in too deep and can’t hear it for what it’s worth anymore.  I still like it, but not sure if it’s the one.  Problem is, I don’t like any other names close to as much.  What do you guys think of Ivy?  I’m looking for honest opinions…I want the truth and you can’t hurt my feelings!<br /><br />My dad passed away from brain cancer when I was in high school, so she will be taking his name, Ray, for her middle name.

So her name would be Ivy Ray.  Thoughts?

Thank you!!!

Post # 28
100 posts
Blushing bee

ShellVee:  Thanks for the rocker rec!  Love the idea of the ball too…I think I’m going to get one!

Post # 29
1936 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

kmark2688:  There is an August mamas board, but we are VERY active on facebook so the bee ends up getting pretty neglected. If you want to join the private facebook group, send me a message with the email address linked to your facebook!

The topic ‘July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors