(Closed) July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 286
2654 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

ShellVee:  I’m delighted to hear you say that. Shay is still very much new born too. I went to a baby massage class and the other babies were a lot more alert than him. It is lovely to have all that extra time with them, right? Also, thanks for sorting the list- not so easy now your a busy mum!!

Post # 288
2654 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

ShellVee:  He liked the baby massage but he was just after a feed so missed some of it (burping takes ages for him). I was told that lots of blankets is a good idea for premature babies as they can be extra sensitive. I forgot it was winter there (though your winter isn’t that different from our summer! ). Hopefully they’ll have the room nice and warm.  It’s good to meet other mums too. 

Shay is calm too but cries a lot more now that he used to. He never cried at the beginning. Hopefully they’ll both stay calm! 

Saw your photos on the fb page just now. Really cute! Well done. It was tough getting ones of Shay too.

Post # 289
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

ShellVee:  I think anyone who makes the connection would have to be a fan, so it’s kind of cool πŸ™‚ We actually considered Kaylee as a name as well, very early on. I think it’s such a sweet name! We ended up naming our daughter Ada after Ada Lovelace, the first computer programmer, so there’s a bit of a similarity there! Definitely still geeky πŸ™‚

Post # 290
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Well I am now 11 days overdue.  My induction date is Wednesday and it is looking more and more likely that I will have that happen.  I booked another (third) stretch and sweep tomorrow with my midwife so hopefully that will be a last ditch effort to go on my own.  I have been cramping since 6:30 last night and had some decently painful ones throughout the night but nothing that has become regular or more intense this morning. I’m going to try going for a walk and see if that helps at all. 

Post # 291
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Update for everyone:  my induction last week failed- but on the plus side, since I was only 39+1, they sent me home.  I made absolutely no progress on two rounds of cervadil and then one round of pitocin.  Not dilated at all- no further effaced.

I did a lot of walking on Saturday, and have had more pressure and twinges low in my pelvis- so I’m hoping that is a good sign.  Also, I definitely lost at least part of my mucus plug this morning, so I’m hoping that means I’ve dilated  at least a little.  I go back in to see one of the OBs tomorrow afternoon.  I’m really frustrated with the OB (different than the one I’m seeing tomorrow) for ordering the induction at 39 weeks.  Basically, no other doctor in the hospital would come right out and say it, but their body language and responses indicated that I really didn’t need to be induced at 39 weeks.  Its really annoying- it was quite unpleasant for no progress.

I was also wondering how other people would afford that- we are lucky and have amazingly good insurance and only have a $100 copay for a hospital stay- nothing else.  On my old insurance, before I was married, it cost me close to $1,500 for a one night stay in the hospital.  That would really suck if I was still on that insurance. It probably would have been over $2000 for my 2 night stay last week.

On another note, we got home from the hospital at about 630pm on Friday.  At about 930 pm, there was a bat in our house… I screamed like a little girl and went running out of the kitchen (which, frankly, is quite embaressing and not usually like me).  My husband had to find the bat, isolate it, and then opened a door/window to shoo it out.  We are pretty sure it came in our back door while he was unloading the hospital stuff from the car around 830/9 – no other evidence of bats anywhere in our house including the attic.  The other funny part is that after his first walk through of the house, my husband didn’t see the bat so he started to wonder if I was crazy and hallucinating or something from the medicine in the hospital.  However, then he found the bat and watched it exit the house, so at least he didn’t think I was still crazy!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  glacier_gal.
Post # 293
2211 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

While crying (again) I told my husband I feel like I’m going to crack if I don’t have this baby soon.  I am so despondent. I cry almost every day now. This is supposed to be a happy time. Tomorrow will be 8 days overdue. Everything hurts.  I can barely walk.  I was ready for this to be over at 37 weeks. 

mckeestephanie:  hope things go well tomorrow

glacier_gal:  so frustrating about your induction. :(. Hopefully the loss of your mucus plug will lead to something soon. 

Post # 294
515 posts
Busy bee

Where deez babies at?

Post # 295
320 posts
Helper bee

DomesticDiva:  still no progress.  next induction scheduled for the 28th.  I think you and I will be the last pregnant ladies.  Someone else was induced today and another scheduled for tomorrow, per the Facebook group. I just want to be done. I’m afraid of another failed induction.  How much longer will they let you go?

redux:  hiding apparently… Though , my dad’s singing earlier today would have made me reluctant to come out too!

Post # 296
2211 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

glacier_gal:  Ugh, I’m sorry. Really, pretty much everyone else has already had their babies?  I never joined the FB group, so I’m in the dark. Not too many updates over here. 

We will find out tomorrow morning how long they’ll let me go. My guess is my doc will want to induce on the 27th or 28th.

Post # 297
320 posts
Helper bee

DomesticDiva:  Of the folks that are active – yes.  I think I’m the last one on the FB page (assuming these two inductions result in babies before me!) and I think other than you and I, there isn’t anyone left who hasn’t had a baby who is active on this forum… (I’m sure there is someone!).  I’m ready to be done.  This weird limbo period waiting for a second induction and hoping the baby shows up is not much fun.  I spent 3 hours yesterday helping my mom upgrade from a flip phone to a smart phone (so she can take better pictures of the baby).  My dad thinks he can switch his circa 2008 phone to an iphone all by himself this morning… we’ll see how long it takes before he shows up!

Post # 298
515 posts
Busy bee

I missed a lot by not having Facebook I guess. Could one of you ladies kindly ask the FB-ers (especially the team green) to come and let us WB-ers what they had and what they’re named?!

GOOD LUCK, Diva and Glacier. Truly, be thankful you’ll have nice big fully formed babies to hold. Having a little one is scary!!!

Post # 300
227 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Sorry I didn’t immediately update here, I guess that happens when you have a newborn at home! Hazel Wynter joined our family a week ago now at 3:23am on Saturday, 18th July weighing in at just under 7 pounds and 47cm long. I had a lengthy 50 hour labour that sent me back and forth from the hospital 4 times. I ended up asking for an epidural about 9 hours before I had her as I was exhausted by that point and had no sleep the night before. It allowed me to sleep for 4 hours, dialate from 6cm to 10cm and get the energy I needed to push. I pushed for an hour but she ended up a forceps delivery with episiotomy so I’m glad for the epudural! I spent 2 days in the hospital which is super short but standard here. I am pretty sore with the stiches in but she is perfect and worth every single moment of pain, vomiting, diabetes finger pricks and diet control. She’s nursing like a champ, sleeping beautifully and doesn’t cry really. I am amazed at how much love I feel for her.

The topic ‘July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors