(Closed) July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 31
515 posts
Busy bee

lavenderskies: My best friend is due on Sunday and they are naming their daughter Ivy! I love it!

Post # 33
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

redux:  oh funny…it isn’t that common!  That’ll be so much fun to have a baby so close in age to your best friend! 

Post # 34
227 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Roll Call

EDD: 15th July

Team: Pink

Name (if you want to share): Hazel Wynter

The most exciting moment so far: Seeing her kick and roll from the outside. Exciting and weird! Seeing hubby get more excited for her arrival and calling her by name and also decorating the nursery!

The thing(s) you miss the most: Everything. Beer, champagne, sushi, rare steak, blue cheese, ham, poached eggs with hollonaise sauce, salami, eating 3 day old leftovers…

Biggest fear for birth: Recovery

Any news you would like to share: I told hubby to feel my belly the other night in bed coz baby was going crazy. I said, “it feels like there’s a fish swimming around in there!” and his reply was “it’s not like a fish, it’s like a bag of snakes!”. Made me giggle.

The thing you are most looking forward to: finishing the nursery, getting skin to skin for the first time and seeing what she looks like. Also my husbands face reacting to seeing her. Then, about 8 weeks after she’s born when things are supposed to have settled down a bit!

Post # 35
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Finally were able to get the crib together yesterday. We worked hard on the nursery this weekend as I had my first baby shower on Saturday and we didn’t have anywhere to put anything.  I am super excited to get everything done. The crib still needs a mattress so right now I have the bed skirt on it and the blanket with the green sheet just sitting in it. 

Last things to do are get the dresser, put up wall art/mirrors, and put the closet doors on and paint them. 

The shower was really fun.  I still cannot believe how generous people are when it comes to babies. I have another shower in my home town still and have no idea what is even left to buy.

Post # 36
593 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

lavenderskies:  I like the name. I really love a 2 syllable first name that ends in y or ie, and a 1 syllable middle name.  So it’s perfect.

Post # 37
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

EDD:  July 23, 2015

Team:   Green

Name (if you want to share):    Its a secret… we have a boys name and a girls name picked out.

The most exciting moment so far:     I guess the first few times we saw the baby on the ultrasound (there’s a real baby in there!!)

The thing(s) you miss the most:     Picking up heavy things… Being able to bend over easily…

Biggest fear for birth:     I guess ending up with a c-section, but its not really a fear.  I’ve been calm and collected so far about that part!  It is what it is and there is nothing I can do about it… Just going into it hoping to push that baby out with a minimum of difficulty and interventions.

Any news you would like to share:     Baby shower is scheduled for June 14! 

The thing you are most looking forward to:     I don’t know… the whole thing still seems a little surreal to me!  I guess bringing home baby to meet the dogs… It still just doesn’t seem real that I am going to be a mom in 3 months!

Post # 38
320 posts
Helper bee

lavenderskies:  I like Ivy Ray.  My two cents is to stop worrying so much about the name for a few weeks, and then come back to it.  Sometimes when you think about something too much it just ends up looking/sounding weird.  I think once she’s born you’ll look at her and know!

Post # 39
320 posts
Helper bee

Had my glucose screening test yesterday… they just called to tell me I failed (145) and I just scheduled my 3 hour test for Thursday. 

The nurse at my doctors office told me I could ask them to put a butterfly in so they don’t have to stick me 20 times… so I guess there is that.   Not looking forward to it. I don’t care about drinking the stuff or any of that, I just really, really hate having my blood drawn.  Yesterday was on the good side – they only had to stick me twice.

Post # 40
211 posts
Helper bee

glacier_gal:  Oh, ugh!  Good luck on Thursday!  I have my 1-hour Friday and am seriously dreading it.  We’ll see what happens.

I wish they called it something other than “failing” the glucose test, it makes me feel like I’m such a failure at life and motherhood if I have GD, even though I know it’s not preventable and isn’t related to what you’re doing.

Post # 41
309 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Roll Call

EDD: 7/24 (changed from original post)

Team: Blue!

Name (if you want to share): we have nothing. seriously nothing.

The most exciting moment so far: the day we found out everything with first tri screening was ok was also the day we found out the gender. At that point we were so afraid to talk about it at all it was such a celebration for Darling Husband and I. Next best moment was first time we saw US.

The thing(s) you miss the most: currently is deli meat. I didn’t realize that with all the traveling I do for work I’d be stuck eating lettuce and tomato on bread for most meals! Already put my order in to have a giant sub brought to me in the hospital from my favorite place!

Biggest fear for birth: tearing and such

Any news you would like to share: current news is I don’t have GD (yay!) and room is as close to done as possible before the shower in a month.

The thing you are most looking forward to: just having him here and enjoying the planned time off for Darling Husband and I. Also currently looking forward to school ending bc its been getting tough!

Post # 42
2211 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Woot third trimester, ladies!  😀

EDD:  July 14

Team: Blue

Name (if you want to share):  Unsure, but we have a short list.

The most exciting moment so far:  Probably feeling little man move more and more.  It’s so amazing!  I could do without the literal kicks to the ass, though.  😛

The thing(s) you miss the most:  Wine and hard cider.  I was fairly good about not wanting it until recently, and now I just want to say f-you to anyone who drinks around me.  I fear this feeling will only increase as the temperature does.

Biggest fear for birth:  That I’ll need a C section.

Any news you would like to share:  Darling Husband put the crib together last week!

The thing you are most looking forward to:  Holding my little guy for the first time.

Post # 44
2211 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Also, we did another roll call for the third tri, and I think we should also do a BUMP CALL (since we all have them now!)

Here’s my bump:  28 weeks today!

Bump away, ladies!

Post # 45
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I will join the bump call.  This was taken the other day at 28 weeks 2 days. 

IMG_3057

The topic ‘July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors