(Closed) July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 76
283 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
ShellVee:  Oh man, I’m sorry you had to go through that! At least now we are closing in on actual due dates. I am 30 weeks today! Only 7 more weeks till term – insane! Definitely feeling the pressure to get ready. I did buy some baby clothes and a humidifier on a gift card the other day ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 77
1782 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I looked at my big beautiful growing belly this morning and wow has it ever gotten bigger, seems like it happened overnight. I hope baby has went thru a growth spurt! 

Post # 78
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Anyone else feeling huge?  I have definitely started to waddle a little and it was not comfortable putting on my socks this morning.  Another 12 1/2 weeks to go… I guess I should enjoy the sight of my feet while it lasts!  12 1/2 weeks feels like a really long time and not much time at all… I might try to start painting the nursery this weekend (it’ll be warm enough to have the windows open and we bought low/no VOC paint).

Baby is moving around a lot this morning.

Everyone’s bumps are adorable! It is amazing to see the variations in size and shape.

View original reply
Daizy914:  How did your 3-hour test go on Saturday?  Mine went better than I expected (as in less awful than I expected) on Thursday.  Still waiting on the results, called this morning and am waiting for a nurse to call me back.  They should have them- the lab sends the doctors office the results within 24 hours.

Post # 79
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

I feel huge depending on what I wear.  I think my husband actually really likes it.  Recently when I am getting dressed he is always saying “Look at that belly” and rubbing it. It is kind of cute. But I have noticed that the last couple of days I am having a harder time bending over.  I have also lost sight of my vagina haha. 

Good luck with your tests ladies. Hope you hear something back soon. 

Post # 80
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I just got a call back from my OB’s office – I passed on all four values of the 3 hour glucose test.  Woo hoo!  No gestational diabetes for me. I hope Daizy914 has the same good news.

View original reply
mckeestephanie:  I also catch my husband grinning at my big bump… Easy for him to enjoy- they get the easy part of this pregnancy thing!

Post # 81
6524 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
glacier_gal:  it wasn’t as terrible as i thought it was going to be! i brought a book with me and some crackers to eat as soon as i was done! lol it went by pretty quickly. they said they will only call with bad results. When I went for the 1 hour on saturday they called me that Monday (4/20), so I am hoping I don’t get a phone call!!!! Lol 

I hope you passed the 3 hour! Keep me posted

Post # 82
6524 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
glacier_gal:  so by 1pm I still hadn’t heard from the doctors office. Even though they told me no news is good news, i need to hear them say its all good and it was!! So no GD for me either!!! I asked her why i failed the 1 hr and she just said that it happens, its very common and its something we have yet to been able to figure out. I have tweaked my diet a bit so im going to continue what im doing just to be safe! i can still indulge if i have a craving lol

Post # 83
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

All of you ladies have the cutest bumps!  I still need to take an updated pic.  

Congrats on passing the 3hr test ladies!   I do my one hour on friday, we’ll see!

Post # 84
100 posts
Blushing bee

Has anyone thought of anything special to give their moms for Mother’s Day?  I am trying to think of something extra sweet this year to mark her daughter becoming a mother as well.  

Or if I can’t think of anything sentimental, I might get a pack n play for her house for when I stop by with baby girl….

I’m looking forward to Father’s Day this year to celebrate my husband!  Anyone else planning to do anything sweet?  I lost my dad when I was 15 so I’m excited to have the holiday be sweet again ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 85
211 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
glacier_gal:   
View original reply
Daizy914:  Congrats on passing the 3-hour!

Yes, I am also feeling huge now, and starting to have trouble doing little things like putting my socks on normally (I usually do this standing up) and getting up from certain positions. I hope I’m past the point where people wonder if I’m overweight or pregnant! I think it’s harder to tell because I’ve put on some weight in my face so it’s not JUST bump.

I was at the vet for pup’s annual checkup last week, and the vet was really funny. She was cooing and playing with the pup, and she goes “oh, Lucy is so grown up now! I can’t believe how much different she looks with her lighter fur and maybe a new haircut, and….do YOU look different?”  I could tell she thought I was pregnant but didn’t want to ask just in case. We’ve been with her for ages and love her so it was really sweet that she was super excited for us (even if she did also say she’s retiring, so sad for us).  I think I must be at that point where it’s pretty obvious but people just don’t want to risk asking.

View original reply
lavenderskies:  We’re taking Mother-In-Law to a special brunch and I sent a much longer letter to my mom (who lives out of state) than usual. I wish I could do something bigger; I definitely feel like this year is different and more special than usual.  I got Darling Husband a little gift for Father’s Day and am really excited for him to open it.  That’s wonderful for you to have a reason to really celebrate this holiday now; so sorry that you lost your dad so early.

No bump pic for me; I haven’t been good about taking them recently…I feel really chubby and self conscious so I’ve been putting it off.  I think the hyperemesis really screwed my metabolism and I’m just struggling with that, but relieved that baby is now getting nourished properly and doing great.  I track my food and am now eating really healthy, usually about 1200-1500 calories/day (I would say most often around 1300), and am putting on 3 pounds/week. Yikes!  I take an hour walk every day, too, so it’s not like I’m sitting still eating pop tarts.  I know I just need to take a deep breath and let it be, but it’s hard to feel like this will never end and I’ll be monstrous after birth.  I hope my metabolism improves after she’s born, at least!  For now, just doing the best I can and trying to embrace that poppy is well nourished.  She’s at 38th percentile for growth which is wonderful–the doctor said yesterday that since Darling Husband and I are both fairly small normally, it is perfect for her to be on the smaller side as well (I’m only 5’2″ and Darling Husband is 5’10” and super slender)

Also in great news–the growth ultrasound also showed that the cysts that were on her brain at the anatomy scan have now dissolved ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 86
515 posts
Busy bee

I went back in for an ultrasound yesterday afternoon to check my placenta. Everything was fine in that regard, and the little girl is head down and looking good. Except not totally. Apparently a few of her measurements were really, really small, so I have to go back in three weeks for another ultrasound to make sure she’s keeping up. She can stay as small as she is, but she can’t get smaller.

The doctor said it could just be a genetic predisposition that she’ll be petite, but it could also be that the placenta or umbilical cord aren’t doing their jobs properly (although there is no other indication that that’s the case). My son was 7lb5oz when he was born and has been on the small side his whole life. He’ll be 2 in three weeks and he’s just now wearing 18 mo. t-shirts . . . his swim trunks are 3-6 mo. So I guess it would stand to reason that a girl would be as small or smaller, but I’m still a little concerned. Worst case scenario they induce me no sooner than 37w.

Post # 87
6524 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
lavenderskies:  
View original reply
littlestcapy:  thank you! what a relief!!!

View original reply
lavenderskies:  I haven’t thought about mother’s day yet and its coming so soon!!! and my father passed away when I was 13 so I can relate and you just made me realize how that day is not going to be so dreadful anymore. What a positive way to look at it! I think I might talk to Darling Husband tonight and ask him if we can go to the mall and pass by Things Remembered and see if I can pick up something for her- my mom loves sterling silver and maybe I can get her a bracelet or necklace and engrave “Mima” on it (thats what she wants the baby to call her)

Post # 88
1514 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2008 - Toronto, ON

Hi all! I just wanted to let you all know I have been MIA because I had my baby last Monday April 20th at 29w4d.

So Sunday April 19th I guess around 3am I started to feel contractions but they were not painful at all and were far apart so I assumed it was just braxton hicks contractions. I continued to have these contractions periodically throughout the day off and on. Monday rolls around and they are still not going away, even if I try to change positions, drink more water to hydrate myself, they are still not going away. Dh is at work and keeps checking up on me but I keep telling him not to worry, it’s just braxton hicks. Around 5pm the contractions were getting a little more intense and closer together and there was a little bit of blood when I wiped. Then I started to panick realizing that this could be real labour because I started to feel uncomfortable and every time I had a contraction, I had to hold on to a chair or just stay still. Darling Husband was over an hour away, so i called my BFF and she came and got me and took me to the hospital.

We get to the hospital around 6 pm on Monday April 20th and the dr comes in to assess me to see if I am in labour or if it’s a false alarm. It turns out I am 9cm dilated and this baby is going to come out very soon. I started to freak out and I begged the dr to stop the labour with drugs. He said that it was too late but he would give me an injection of steriods so my baby’s lungs could develop better but he said it wouldn’t do much good because the baby was on his way. The dr checked to see how baby was doing and his heart rate was normal, which was good. Then they wheeled me into the labour and delivery room and Darling Husband is on his way, my friend called him and told him I am in real labour. The contractions are getting closer and closer together and I was not able to get an epidural like I always wanted so I was in so much pain but as each contraction happened I tried to breathe through my nose and be calm but instead sometimes I was screaming, the contractions hurt so much. The dr checked me and said I was 10 cm and if I had an urge to push to let him know. All of a sudden I had an urge to push and I told the dr and the dr was feeling me and said to keep pushing. I had maybe 6 contractions in total, everything happened so fast. When I was pushing, my rectum got so much bigger because of the pressure, it was such a weird feeling. Then the baby’s heart rate started to drop and the baby had to come out NOW. The dr told me if the baby didn’t come out now, he would have to perfrom an emergency C-section. He ended up cutting me and used a vacuum and then the baby came out, it was such a relief.Part of the placenta came out, it turns out the placenta ruptured so even if I had gone to the hospital earlier, he would have still had to come out that day. Also the dr warned me because he was so young, the baby may not cry but he did, he was crying so much, it was so nice to hear. He ended up being born at 7:50pm Monday April 20th and weighing in at 2 lbs and 12 ounces. He was breathing on his own and looked great, just small. Darling Husband missed the birth because of traffic, but in a way I am kind of glad he wasn’t in the room, he would have freaked out, my friend was great help. Darling Husband arrived and baby was rushed to a different room to make sure he was doing ok and getting cleaned up. Finally they brought baby in and we got to see him, he was so adorable, it was love at first sight. Because he was born at 29w4d we were told he was going to a hospital downtown for around a month because the hospital he was delivered at doesn’t keep preemies who are born before 32 weeks. We got to spend some time with the baby before he was taken to the other hospital and we decided his name is going to be Andrew after my grandfather, we are still undecided on his middle name but we have it narrowed down to a few names and will decide in the next few days.

I am sad that my baby is in the hospital but I am glad he is alive and doing well, he is just small. There have been tests done to make sure he is developing ok and he is doing great. ๐Ÿ™‚ In around a month, he will be transferred back to the hospital where I had him, I can’t wait. I see my little man everyday and spend hours holding him in my arms. I can’t wait for Andrew to come home. I will post pics soon of my little man.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  MRS-K.
Post # 89
6524 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
MRS-K:  so happy you and baby are doing so well!!!

Post # 90
100 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
MRS-K:  Congratulations!!!!  WOW!  I am so happy to hear you and Andrew are doing well.  Sounds like you had some scary moments and lots of great moments as well.  What an experience!  I’m glad that things are going well for little Andrew, I can’t wait to see a picture!

CONGRATS, MAMA!!!!!!

The topic ‘July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors