(Closed) July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 91
100 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
Daizy914:  I am sorry to hear about your dad.  Yes, Father’s Day has always been sort of dreadful.  I think it will be really nice to have a little sweetness back in the day.   Sounds like a great idea for your mom’s gift!  I say go for it! 

Post # 92
100 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
littlestcapy:  Thanks for the sweet thoughts 🙂  I’m sure your hubs will love his gift.  I need to think of something!  So happy to hear about the cysts on her brain!!!  That is terrific news.

I’m sorry to hear about how you’re feeling about your body…I totally get it.  But you’re right – your body is holding onto everything that it needs to nourish her, especially after it was used to being deprived when you were so sick.  Your body is just trying to recalibrate.  Your metabolism will be sort of “reset” after birth (or so they say) and I’m sure you will be surprised how fast the weight comes off since you started out so slender and watch what you eat.   Just remember, this is only temporary.  That’s what I have to remind myself everytime I look in the mirror 😉 

Post # 93
100 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
redux:  Sorry to hear she’s looking tiny, hopefully it’s just genetics.   I know it’s not fun to have something to worry about but hopefully she will keep growing bigger and stronger.

I’m in a simliar boat with the 2 vessel cord.  I go in next week to check her size and then every two weeks after that.  If she seems to slow down they’ll induce me as well, but hopefully not before 35 weeks.  Basically whenever they decide she’ll be better off in the NICU getting more nutrients.  

Thinking positive thoughts for both of us…grow babies grow…

Post # 94
211 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
MRS-K:  Congratulations and thank you for sharing the story!  His photo on FB is just too sweet, he really is precious.  Glad you are all doing well so far and really glad to hear an update!

Post # 95
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
glacier_gal:  
View original reply
Daizy914:  Congrats on passing the GD test.

View original reply
lavenderskies:  We are getting my mom a yoga gift card because that is what she wants.  We are getting my Mother-In-Law a pandora charm that says grandma on it. 

View original reply
MRS-K:  That is such a crazy story. I would have been shocked too if I went in to real labour at 29 weeks. I am glad that you are both doing well and that Andrew is developing.  

Post # 96
515 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
lavenderskies:  Yes, GROW BABIES GROW. Thanks for the kind words. The thought of the NICU makes me so sad. I just hope that my body is doing its job of nourishing her. It’s a little crazy to think that if all does NOT go well, I could have a newborn in as little as seven weeks. I’m not ready. I am SO not ready. 

Post # 97
571 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
littlestcapy:  Great news about the cysts on the brain. I am glad that they have disappeared. 

View original reply
redux:  Fingers crossed that everything is alright and the baby is just small like her brother. 

Post # 98
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
MRS-K:  Oh my goodness!  Congratulations!! I’m so glad that Andrew is doing well and seems healthy.  What a crazy experience. You did such a great job giving birth and getting your baby into the world! 

I’m just sort of in shock here… CONGRATULATIONS!! I saw that someone on the bump July 2015 boards had given birth, but it is crazy to have someone in our little group there already!

Can’t wait to see pictures of your little guy!

Post # 99
283 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
MRS-K:  Wow! Congratulations on your little one! The first of us to cross the finish line. I’m so glad he is doing well and that you get to spend time with him every day. Can’t wait to see pics!

Post # 100
515 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
MRS-K:  OH MY GOD! July baby turned April baby! That’s crazy! I can’t believe you got to 9 cm before even making it to the hospital. I hope it goes that quickly for me. 🙂 I’m so glad you’re both healthy and congratulations again!

Post # 101
593 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
MRS-K:  Holy cow!  Did not expect to find this kind of update today.  Wow!  So glad that you and baby Andrew are okay.  Can’t wait to see pictures.  Congratulations, mama!  I think you win for most eventful pregnancy and birth so far.  

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  .
Post # 102
593 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

So here is my bump pic at 28w,1d.  I took my second 1 hour glucose last week and didn’t hear, so assuming I passed again.  Glad I don’t have to take any more.  Baby was great and heartbeat in the 140s.  

We moved into our new home last weekend and are still drowning in boxes and unfinished projects, but glad to be getting settled.  Our daughter loves the extra space.  

Hope everyone else is doing well.  

Post # 103
6524 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
mckeestephanie:  lol i started realizing yesterday (because of what I was wearing, that I am huge! i mean people tell me i look great but I am not sure if they are just saying that to make me feel better knowing that some pregnant women are very sensitive (me being one of them) Lol 

I get told that I am all belly which i guess is good, no swelling yet but I feel huge for being only 6 months. im gonna try to post a pic later. i am currently 28 weeks  3d

Post # 104
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

So, I just confirmed a prenatal appointment with our pediatrician.  They do them to allow you to meet the doctor and the practice before the baby is born.  Apparently you have to get baby into the doctor within a week… I guess I never thought about the logistics of that before. I have all the paperwork printed out, but obviously we don’t have a name or date of birth (or gender since we’re team green). 

I wish there was a checklist for one to make sure I get done before the baby comes… I also requested the FMLA/Short-term disability paperwork from my work – and have the number standing ready to order a breast pump through insurance, but I can’t do that til June.  I also know we need to call the insurance within a few days of birth to get baby added to the insurance.  And I need to print out my AFLAC forms for the hospital bag…

Anyone have a pre-baby checklist they could share of the important items to remember (that is the less cute/not exciting things)?

Post # 105
6524 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2013

so this is me at 28 weeks and I get mixed comments – some people tell me I am huge for 28 weeks others say I am small. I have recently posted about how uncomfortable I am in my own skin, I don’t know why people think its ok to tell a pregnant woman they look huge, but whatever, people are stupid and I can’t control what comes out of someone’s mouth so I just brush it off. My bump is what it is. I personally feel huge, I have issues with my appearance pre-pregnancy and this just makes it worse. I almost started crying at work because one of my co-workers is concerned about that first moment I am going to have when you see yourself post partum. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. 

I am enjoying the pregnancy in the sense that I have been blessed to create a life, and to feel the kicks and be a home to this little baby is amazing, but I am not enjoying what its doing to me physically, and emotionally.

The topic ‘July 2015 Mamas – Part 4 – Hi ho hi ho into the third trimester we go :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors