(Closed) July 2017 Mamas

posted 3 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 31
6271 posts
Bee Keeper

Hello everyone. I’ve just found this thread. Is there a private Facebook group too?

<div class=”text-holder” style=”box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; max-height: 1000000px; border: 0px; font-family: ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0); -webkit-text-size-adjust: 100%; background-position: 0px 0px;”>

Roll Call:

How far along are you?

4 weeks + 2 I think

What’s your estimated due date: 12th July but they might adjust that as I have a longer cycle  

How many cycles trying? 

5 but I know for 2 of those we missed out ‘window’ due to working away.

When did you get your BFP?

sunday on a cheapy, Monday on a digi 

Post a picture of your first BFP if you want! 

Who have you told?

just Darling Husband and the receptionist at the doctors 

When do you plan on telling more people?

we plan to do non invasive testing at 10wks.  You have to pay privately for that in the uk.  I’d feel ‘safe’ telling people after then but it may not be practicable amongst closest friends as they’ll clock I’m not drinking etc.  I don’t want to tell work until after Christmas.  We have a long Christmas break and I have a worrier in my team and Id rather announce and then get on with practical stuff.

How did you tell your partner?

little socks and a digi test in a box as “an early Christmas present delivered today”.

Any symptoms yet?  Not really.  Bit tired. Lost appetite.

What are you most excited about/for?

being a mummy and a daddy.  The baby is due around my 40th birthday.  My Darling Husband will be 42.  We met later in life and we didn’t know if we’d missed our chance.

When is your first appointment?

i rang the doctors yesterday and the receptionist booked us straight in for first antenatal appointment for when I’m 6 weeks .

For fun – Who are you most excited to tell besides your SO?

my mum.  It’ll be her first grandchild (and possibly only one) at 72! 

</div>

Post # 34
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Roll Call:

How far along are you? 5w 5d

What’s your estimated due date: June 30th – joining you ladies though because if this baby is anything like my first, it’ll def be born in July

How many cycles trying? 5 trying, 2 NTNP before that

When did you get your BFP? Oct 18 – 11dpo

Who have you told? my husband and my mom

When do you plan on telling more people? Not telling immediate family until after 8 weeks, maybe even 12.  Well after 12 weeks for everyone else. After my m/c, I’m not as eager to shout it from the rooftops this time

How did you tell your partner? I put dd in a “big sister” shirt and let her walk into our room while he was getting ready for work.

Any symptoms yet? eh, kinda but they’re subtle –tender boobs, tired, peeing more frequently. 

What are you most excited about/for? feeling baby kicks again, dd being a big sister, completing our family

When is your first appt? Nov 22

For fun – Who are you most excited to tell besides your SO? our families

Post # 37
6271 posts
Bee Keeper

Do you plan to find out if you’re having a baby boy or a baby girl?

I don’t want to know. My husband said he would, but then when I said why I’d like not to know he agreed too.  What are you going to do?

Post # 38
6271 posts
Bee Keeper

heirofslytherin :  oh no oh no!!! Are they going to do some tests if this is your 3rd? Sending lots of love to you. 

Post # 40
6271 posts
Bee Keeper

suabee :  I don’t want to go bonkers on buying baby clothes. I’m not crazy on the whole pink/blue thing anyway. I don’t know, I just think maybe it’ll give me extra incentive to push!  And I just think it’s just nice to have a surprise. I may well change my mind.  I felt like that before I was pregnant and even now I’ve seen the line on the stick I feel the same. 

Post # 41
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

UK-bee :  I will definitely find out.  I totally admire the people who wait though – I don’t have the patience for it lol

Post # 42
193 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

heirofslytherin :ย  I’m so sorry for your loss. ย ๐Ÿ™ ย Big hugs to you.

Post # 43
193 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

UK-bee :  Good for you being team green!!!  I was way too curious with our son, so we found out.  And it certainly made things easier for family that was hosting showers.  This time around, I love the idea of not finding out.  But I think my Darling Husband really wants to find out again.  I’m going to keep working on him, so we’ll see.  ๐Ÿ™‚  I tried to tell him he could find out and not tell me but he hated that idea, haha.

Post # 44
14 posts
Newbee

UK-bee :  I think we’ll find out. Darling Husband kind of doesn’t want to, but I’m worried I’m going to start to think it’s one or the other, and then be taken aback by a surprise at delivery. Weird I know, especially since I don’t care if we have a boy or a girl! I guess I just like to plan ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 45
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2016

suabee :  Yay! I’m also an exapt living in the UK. I actually don’t know exactly when I’m supposed to book my first appointment. I don’t have a GP in London as I’ve only moved 7 months ago and actually am only staying in London for another 5 months and then moving back to Bermuda where I’ll have the baby. From what I read, I was planning to book my first appointment and scan at around 8 weeks with an OB (i’m going privately), please let me know if that sounds about right? Thanks for the help and support everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚ So exciting! 

devybug: We are due date twins!

How far along are you? 5w4d

What’s your estimated due date: July 1 2017

How many cycles trying? 1

When did you get your BFP?  19dpo , I honestly didn’t think it would only take 1 cycle for me to get pregnant because I have a friable cervix that often causes me to spot a week or a few days before when my period starts or after sex, so I didn’t think I had my ovulation date on the right day and some of the cervical spotting last month made me think I was just starting my period. So when I wasn’t getting my period at all, I was still convinced I wasn’t pregant and waited it out until I was about 5 days late!  My test was 2 of the most solid lines you’ve ever seen! 

Who have you told? Just my 2 best friends, 1 of them who also got a BFP and is a week behind me for her due date!

When do you plan on telling more people? Likely around 12 weeks 

How did you tell your partner? I phoned him while he was at work and asked if he could move away from anyone that was sitting near him! 

Any symptoms yet? Just mild cramping and some bloating after eating but other than that I feel fantastic! 

What are you most excited about/for?: The first OB appt and scan and the gender reveal! 

When is your first appt? I am on holiday now but planning to book one for around the 8 week mark. 

For fun – Who are you most excited to tell besides your SO?: My other best friend who I hope won’t be upset I waited to tell him! And also the moms! It’ll be my mom’s first grandchild! ๐Ÿ™‚  

The topic ‘July 2017 Mamas’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors