July 2017 POAS

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 286
65 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

MrsHawkeye :  Hahaha, that dream!  Sounds like a really crazy episode of I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant!  I’m not sure I’ve had any dreams that entertaining, at least any that I can remember, but I’ve definitely had BFP and pregnancy dreams. I’m sure it’s because I’m obsessing (but trying not to) over TTC. 

SeaOfLove :  Your masters thesis sounds really interesting. Good luck on your defense! I went to law school, which was tough, but I always feel like having to research/prepare/defend a thesis sounds so, so much tougher.

Post # 287
1819 posts
Buzzing bee

SeaOfLove :  That is such a shame that happened 🙁 For all the work you think they would give you the PhD. With getting out what will you do?

Post # 288
432 posts
Helper bee

magnolia929 :  

@SeaOfLove 

I could use some excitement and hope right now, so I’ll take it as a sign!  I NEVER dream and can’t even remember the last time I had a dream that I rememebered; it has probably been years. And of my gosh it was so real…..

My POAS/AF due date is July 6th but I can totally see myself testing before that.  I haven’t taken a pregnancy test since a scare in my teens. We tried last cycle but my POAS date was on our honeymoon and AF showed up a day early so I didn’t have any need to test.  I got a pretty good deal (I thought) on FRERs on Amazon so I have 6 of those bad boys waiting to be used and am silly excited to use my first one.  What do you ladies think is the earliest it would make sense to test if my POAS date is July 6th? I’m anxious about the holiday weekend and drinking; even though a BFN wouldn’t be enough to convince me to drink much but it would put my mind at ease a little.

ETA:  My approximate O date was June 23.  I only track CM (which is usually consistent) but this month it has been wonky.  I had EWCM for 7 days, ending on June 23.

Post # 289
432 posts
Helper bee

Also, what are the tests that show/guess how many weeks you are?  I bought some digital ones the other day that I thought were those type but after looking closer at the box they only say Pregnant or Not Pregnant.  Bummer.

Post # 290
6764 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

magnolia929 :  Thank you, dear!  I’m sure it will go fine.  I’m not too worried.  I’m just ready for it to be over!

mama2bee71 :  Overall, I didn’t get enough data to warrant a PhD.  I literally did/passed everything else for one, though!  lol.  At this point, you would think they would give me a Masters without a defense for the qualifying exams and overviews I passed to become a PhD candidate.

I actually started looking for a job at the beginning of last year in science/environmental outreach, and I started one in October… so that’s when I officially went down to a Master’s.  I hope to stay in outreach. I’m really enjoying the work!  Right now I actually work for the University that I’m getting my Master’s at.

MrsHawkeye :  Honestly, I wouldn’t test until 9dpo at the very earliest… otherwise, I always recommend waiting until 12dpo.  You could probably test on July 4th, if you wanted to.  But if you get a BFN, that doesn’t mean you’re not pregnant.  Some women don’t get a BFP until days after their missed period.

Post # 291
6764 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

I just realized I said “make sediment cores” in my description of my thesis.  It’s “lake sediment cores.” lol.  That’s what I get for trying to explain my research via phone.

Post # 293
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2016

afenimore11 :  my official POAS date is Friday but I’ve been testing all week (juuuuuust in case wink) all BFNs but that’s to be expected because it’s still way too early! Also, I’m not sure if I’m just symptom spotting but I seem to have more creamy/white CM than usual, my cervix is still high, and I’m definitely nauseous! I am definitely the type of person to just make up these symptoms in my head, though, so I’m trying really hard not to get my hopes up. 

Side note: I’ve been indulging in foods/drinks that are typically not pregnancy-safe and whenever I do I’ll say to DH, “this goat cheese/wine/coffee is so good! Hopefully it’s the last time I can eat it for a while” – he thinks it’s so funny because it’s as if I’m wishing away all things that I love to eat/drink haha

Post # 295
28 posts
Newbee

afenimore11 :  oops, I thought I was posting this on the June thread! I am actually supposed to be getting my period on July 1 based on ovulation and my average LP but we shall see!

I don’t usually get any symptoms this early before AF, I’ve been tracking my period for years and I only really get crampy 2 days before, so this is definitely out of character!

Post # 296
9560 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

mrscorgi :  I lived in an area with no postal service for a few years. luckily for us though, the office was close enough I could pick up mail while walking the dog.

SeaOfLove :  same ^_^

PorcelainBelle :  fancy sponges and an audible subscription and suddenly dishes are DH’s preferred chore. He takes 2x longer than I do and often only does half of the pile (rather than pile things up on the rack like I do..) but hey.. a win is a win.

Post # 297
574 posts
Busy bee

SeaOfLove :  best of luck, my viva, Ed.D defence was a combination of fear & excitement & ultimately the best day ever!! 

According to my app FW has started but Clearblue is still saying no! Work is crazy & my stress levels are through the roof! This already feels like an extra long month 

Post # 298
408 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2014

afenimore11 :  I’m few days into my first TWW and this is already me:

Patience… is not one of my virtues!

Post # 299
1676 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

Wow!! So many ladies testing on the 10th!  My Darling Husband is not cooperating so I don’t have very high hopes.  We have been talking about TTC for over a month and now when it’s time he acts like it’s new news to him.  I’m going to try and convince him tonight otherwise we will miss this egg. : (

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors