July 2017 POAS

posted 4 months ago in TTC
Post # 916
1662 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

dublingirl :  Sorry.  I hope you did ovulate and it just didn’t pick it up this time.   Good luck next cycle. 

MargaritaVille :  Yay! Congratulations.  Such dark lines!!

afenimore11 :  Thanks for the update!  Your house is looking great so far!!  

annili :  I hope you get some good news.  

Post # 919
4294 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

MargaritaVille :  HOLY CRAP!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I’m so pumped for you! It definitely gave life to do many of us TTC for so long! I’m so excited for you!!

ETA: Sorry for the late comment. I must have totally missed your post!

Post # 920
4294 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

afenimore11 :  Your home project is turning out so well!! How exciting!!!

Post # 921
2329 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

afenimore11 :  Wow, look at that progress! DH is freaking out about how I shouldn’t be doing any renovating with him when I do eventually get pregnant – what you’re doing is my goal! I’ll have to show him this to say “see, I can do it!”

Post # 923
2316 posts
Buzzing bee

🙁 super dark positive OPKs 4 days in a row. I’m going to assume my body is trying to ovulate but hasn’t since I haven’t seen a temp shift. This is frustrating.

Maybe I need to take a leaf out of MargaritaVille’s book and stop charting lol

@afeninore11 Great job on the reno 😀

Post # 924
2082 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

JessieFay13 :  When I was pregnant and didn’t want my family to know yet, I just took an empty beer bottle and washed and refilled with water and drank that.  No one was the wiser and worked like a charm 🙂  There’s ways to keep your secret!  We told our parents and siblings pretty much right away.  We figured if something bad did end up happening and we lost our pregnancy, we would want them to know and to understand why we would be upset and be able to support us. 

I see the point in not telling the world, but it’s fun to share with your family early 🙂

Post # 925
2329 posts
Buzzing bee

MrsPhilly :  Yep, we have a few ideas on faking alcohol consumption lol. Unfortunately, I’m not a beer drinker at all so your trick won’t work for me – I pretty much exclusively drink wine around the family, which they generally pour it for me. We will likely share with our parents fairly early on (like I said, I’d like to wait until at least the first scan but I’m realistic that it may not turn out that way) but are pretty firm on waiting to tell everyone else. One of DH’s sisters is bound to blab (only to her friends but some of her friends are actually the older sisters of some of my friends so I don’t want it getting back to them before we’ve had a chance to tell them) and I have quite young siblings whom I don’t entirely trust to not say anything and who are a little young to understand if something did go wrong (they’re 14, 9 and 5). I fully support those who choose to tell people early, it’s just not for us 🙂

Post # 926
404 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

JessieFay13 :  I plan on taking shots of water (I am a blanca tequila girl), so no one will be any wiser!

Hello ladies! Congrats on all the BFPs! I am patiently awaiting my day to test on Saturday or Sunday (15 or 16 DPO). I had some gnarly cramps and spotting on Saturday (8 DPO), but symptoms have all but disappeared and I feel fine! Temps are still high (98.2 the past 3 days after a dip on 6DPO). I believe that I will see a temp dip or AF will show up (or she won’t!) I am just not in the mental space for the daily testing! I am at peace either way. I have a few more things I will try next month if I am on to the August POAS group! 🙂

Post # 927
2329 posts
Buzzing bee

duchessfriedrich :  Great idea!! At the moment, the main trick we’re planning to use is to simply have DH drink my drinks for me lol (when no ones looking of course). Good luck with the rest of the week, I have my FX that you get your BFP!

Post # 928
2316 posts
Buzzing bee

JessieFay13 :  My mum and sister would totally blab as well. I think we will tell our families at 8-10 weeks. We definitely want to hold off until we know its actually in my uterus this time. 

Post # 929
2329 posts
Buzzing bee

PorcelainBelle :  I can completely understand that, which is part of my hesitation in telling people too early. I have never suffered a miscarriage before but both DH and I tend to grieve privately – our families would mean well but I think we would prefer to just go through it together and discuss it with others when we’re ready. Telling our parents a little earlier than we would like is sort of inevitable, as someone is bound to notice that I’m not actually drinking or eating certain things or whatever and they can be helpful in keeping others off the scent lol.

FX that this is your month bee!

Post # 930
2316 posts
Buzzing bee

JessieFay13 :  My doc told me to expect to miscarry,  and at that point no one but us knew about the pregnancy. No one would have known if it WAS a miscarriage! Our families only found out because I ended up having surgery for the ectopic and we both needed support after that! We’re pretty private people too, and my mum was all “why didn’t you tell me you were pregnant!,!?” Umn because I didn’t fu**king want to!? lol geez!!!

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors