Post # 241
193 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: Backyard

Sent a PM re: FB group 🙂

Post # 242
38 posts
Newbee

So it’s feeling really real now so I’ll finally roll call!

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you? 5 weeks, 6 days

What is your estimated due date? July 23, 2018

What baby # is this? 1!

How many cycles trying? 3

When did you get your BFP? Nov 7

Who have you told? My parents and brothers and his parents

When do you plan on telling more people? After the first trimester passes I guess

How did you tell your partner? Left my pee sticks in the bathroom for him to find… which he ignored. I sent him back in with explicit instructions and it was history from there lol.

Any symptoms yet? Tons. Nausea since 2 days before my BFP. Lots of gas and coffee sometimes tastes like metal.

What are you most excited about? the baby of course!

When is your first appointment? 11/28/17!!!

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender? Yes.

Post # 243
1121 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
jen_hardin :  
View original reply
Mls1988 :  I was at the doctors for my asthma check/flu jab at the 4 week mark and told them about my pregnancy then. I was expecting to get an oppintment with prenatal straight away but they told me they won’t see you until your 8 weeks. I’ve pre-booked the appointment for right on the 8 week mark, only another 2 weeks to go. I’m not sure what actually happens in the apt here in the UK though, I’m sure they just go over everything with you and unsure as to whether they will do any tests to confirm my baby is growing and all is ok! I’ve started with symptoms now though which puts my mind at rest a little.

Post # 244
1121 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
tillymac :  Amazing, that must have been such a great feeling seeing your little one for the first time 🙂

Post # 245
151 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2015 - Backyard

Yay I can comment again! We saw our little one a week ago and it was so amazing. After 6 cp’s, finally getting to see a healthy baby and hear the heartbeat was the most special thing. 

Can someone please add me to the facebook page? My email is [email protected]

Thank you!

Post # 246
999 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

View original reply
LittleMrsSunshine :  Congrats!! I sent the request your way!

Post # 247
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

I’ve been stalking this thread for about a month but things still felt so surreal for me I was scared to join, lol. Figured it was time so here it goes! 

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you? 10 weeks tomorrow 

What is your estimated due date? July 1

What baby # is this? 1

How many cycles trying? 1

When did you get your BFP? Oct. 27 

Who have you told? We were initially only going to tell parents and my brothers but the news somehow got out over thanksgiving so almost all our extended families know at this point. I also told a couple really close girlfriends. Will hold off on telling the rest of our friends until closer to Christmas. 

When do you plan on telling more people? Around Christmas, maybe social media beginning of New Years 

How did you tell your partner? I was in such shock and just ran out and showed him the test. I had just gone of BC end of September and was going to wait a cycle for my body to regulate before actually trying, but surprise! 

Any symptoms yet? I have been SO tired the past couple months. The fatigue is just now starting to subside but hunger has kicked in and now I feel like I’m always starving. 

What are you most excited about? Short term feeling the baby move, long term being a Mom! 

When is your first appointment? Our first appointment was nov. 13, we had ultrasound and heard baby’s heartbeat. It was such a huge moment I definitely cried a little!

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender? Yes I definitely think so!! 

Hoping and and praying for healthy pregnancies to everyone! Who can I PM to join the FB group? Thanks! 

Post # 248
999 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
Soon2beMrsJennP :  welcome! Send me your email address and I’ll add you to the FB group.

Post # 249
452 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Hello ladies!  I have been lurking around this thread but haven’t roll called yet b/c my app is putting me at a July 31 or August 1 due date, depending on when I actually ovulated last month (also, I was scared to join in too early!).  I’ll roll call on this board or the August one once I have a dating scan.

On that note…I have an 8 week transvag U/S scheduled for my 8 week mark.  When I was making the appointment the woman at the desk said they would not try to see the heartbeat before 10 weeks.  However, wouldn’t the nurse or tech just see it regardless if they are “trying” to, assuming it’s visible at that time? 

I understand that it’s not always possible to get a good view of that at 8 weeks, but I don’t understand the “they won’t try to see it” comment.  Anyone have experience with this yet?  I don’t want to bother my doc with yet another question, but I’m just curious.

Post # 250
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2016

View original reply
n00bee :  Congratulations! My birthday is Aug 1 do that’s a great due date =P To answer your question, YES you can “see” the heartbeat a lot earlier than 8 weeks! Our tech pointed out the “flicker” at 5+5 but noted it was still too early to count a bpm. Then at 6+5, the tech confirmed the heartbeat at 130 and we heard it also. Today at 7+5, we saw and heard the heartbeat again at 160! 

Post # 251
452 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
bolivia82 :  That’s so good to know, thank you!!! 

Post # 252
999 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
n00bee :  congrats!

Maybe their machines are different or older? At my 8 week ultrasound the heartbeat was flickering, you could see it like a little light. They also told me it was 171 but we couldn’t hear it or anything.

However my cousin who is in another state and is around 12 weeks hasn’t seen hers yet. I’m thinking it’s a difference in machinery by the practice.

Post # 253
452 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Mls1988 :  Ah, that’s really interesting!  Thank you smile  Hoping I’ll be able to see the flicker, but I’ll just have to wait and see when I get there!

Post # 254
171 posts
Blushing bee

n00bee : (ugh weddingbee wont let me tag you) My Edd is July 31 and I rolled called on both july and august boards just in case. I have an ultrasound for 8 weeks and they told me I should be able to see a heartbeat. The ladies on the secret FB group have been showing heartbeats at like 6 weeks+ so fingers crossed!

Post # 255
2668 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

View original reply
n00bee :  I had a dating scan when I was a little over 7 weeks (I was 1 day out on my calculations but based on my LMP I should have been further along than that – my cycles are irregular). They didn’t say anything about finding/not finding the heartbeat when I booked; I just assumed it would likely be too early to see anything. But the tech pointed out the little flicker that was the heartbeat. I had another scan when I had my OB appointment the week later and we could see the heartbeat but it was nowhere near as clear – in this case, my OB was using a less up to date machine (she said it’s why they generally send us to a third party for periodic scans, as they use the very latest in equipment).

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors