Post # 256
446 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

View original reply
cadillacbesos :  

View original reply
JessieFay13 :  

thank you! I have two weeks till the ultrasound, so maybe I’ll look into having it done at a 3rd party facility instead 

Post # 257
446 posts
Helper bee

Hello again ladies!  Sorry, ANOTHER ultrasound question…so, I rescheduled my 8 week U/S appointment with a highly rated radiology center near me.  They told me to come in with a full bladder and to eat a high calorie, somewhat sugary meal before the appointment.  Huh??  I’ve heard of the full bladder thing, but a high calorie meal?  My ob/gyn said nothing about that when I originally scheduled with them.  I thought eating sugary foods was good for later U/S, to get the baby moving. But is that really necessary for an 8 week scan?

Were any of you guys given these instructions?  If so, what did you eat??  I’m thinking of just adding a donut into the blender with my high protein smoothie, lol!

Post # 258
1000 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

View original reply
n00bee :  hmm, I’d think that’s strange because at 8 weeks *I thought* they all did transvaginal ultrasounds because the baby is so tiny. I’ve heard of the full bladder thing for transabdominal ultrasounds, however.

Oh well. Have some doughnuts! Lol

Are you in our FB group yet, btw? If you want to join, send me your email address. There’s a lot going on in there!

Post # 259
446 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Mls1988 :  Would love to!  I’ll PM you

Post # 260
711 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
n00bee :  I had a full bladder at my 8wk US and it was actually getting in the way of the measurements they wanted to take! What an odd thing to suggest!

Post # 261
446 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
MrsChatham :  Right?? I’ll check with my OB, and then maybe I’ll call the radiology center back and remind them that my order form is vag only, lol!

Post # 262
123 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
n00bee :  I was also told that a full bladder is better a transabdominal ultrasound, but at at 8 weeks they would have to do a transvaginal to see baby. I’ve had 2 transvaginal ultrasounds and both times they’ve had me use the bathroom and empty my bladder beforehand so my guess is that the opposite is true for transvaginal ultrasounds. Or maybe baby is so tiny that a full bladder would get in the way?

Post # 263
446 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
mrsmagnoliabee :  Yup!  I called back, and the radiology place messed up when they initally booked my appointment- I don’t think the receptionist registered that I said vaginal, and that I would only be 8 weeks.  No full bladder, no crazy meal before the U/S!

Post # 264
115 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

Can someone add me to the Facebook group? Who do I need to PM my email address to? Thanks ladies!!! Can’t wait to join you on FB

Post # 265
2152 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

ROLL CALL:

How far along are you?  9w2d

What is your estimated due date?  July 30

What baby # is this? First!!

How many cycles trying? We were NTNP for 4 cycles, and then we got the BFP on our 3rd cycle of actively trying

When did you get your BFP? November 18

Who have you told? Husband, 2 best friends, and my immediate family (parents and siblings)

When do you plan on telling more people? DH’s sister is due mid-January, so we’ll tell his family a week or two after she delivers.  We’ll tell the world around 14-15 weeks, so early February.

How did you tell your partner? He came home after I had POAS, asked if I wanted a beer. I said no, and he asked why.  He set it up very nicely!

Any symptoms yet? SO TIRED!!!!!  And mild nausea, but it’s really nothing to complain about.  Other than that, just sore nipples and itchy breasts and belly.

What are you most excited about? Decorating the nursery!

When is your first appointment? I have had a few already (I had quite the run around with the doctor – getting referred elsewhere, the referral not seeing me until my second semester, etc.).  I had my first ultrasound on December 19!  I loved getting to hear the heartbeat.

Are you planning on finding out the baby’s gender?  Definitely.  I’m waiting for that to know what colour to paint the nursery.

Post # 266
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014

The genetic testing I took went well and I’m now in my second trimester where I’m not as worried about this pregnancy….I’m now ready to join the Facebook group! Who should I PM my email address to? Thanks!

Post # 267
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
adnama :  
View original reply
librarianbee01 :  Message me your facebook email if you have not already been invited to the facebook group!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors