July 2018 POAS

posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 496
1014 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

summerlove23 :  I totally get it.  We do so much to get timing as right as possible and, ultimately, if dh isnt into it that night, then it is a no go and alll the work you have done just doesnt matter for that cycle.  And if you explain too much, performance anxiety and it takes the fun out of it. 

Post # 497
1014 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

megasaurus_rex : wait… this pic looks familiar! Are you also a June 2017 mama??

AFM, kinda a tough week with a silver lining.  We were supposed to be in Ohio at the inlaws, but baby boy got really sick and we had to cancel the trip.  Baby boy has tested negative for all the scary stuff and should be fine and is no longer contagious (in theory), so, whew and thankful for that!! Silver lining? This is my happy fertile week so we dont have to get it on quietly in my MILs house.  So.. thanks, generic virus?

Post # 498
328 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

summerlove23 :  hi, totally empathise. My Darling Husband and I got into an argument *the day* I got my positive OPK this month and didn’t BD that day or the next (though we did the two days prior to the OPK positive).

So I’m not feeling optimistic this month at all and so agree that for men (or some men, I should say) it’s not a big deal – we deal with everything: the tracking, the temping, the OPKs, the CM checking, the period pains, the ovulation pains, and *if we’re lucky* morning sickness and childbirth!! Not to mention the emotional stress of BFNs, symptom spotting etc.

So I can’t offer much comfort but please know you’re not alone! 

Post # 499
2936 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 29th, 2016

summerlove23 :  I’m sorry you’re going through it! If it makes you feel any better, this is my first cycle TTC and yesterday was the first day in my fertile window and BD-ing did not go according to plan at all. Hubby said he wanted to be involved and know when it was time, but then last night he felt pressured and we stopped because it wasn’t really enjoyable for either one of us. It was pretty disappointing to me because I was so excited about finally TTC. We both were, and then that’s how our first go went. I understand where you’re coming from. Hang in there!

Post # 500
322 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Kannon :  yes!! I thought that was you ๐Ÿ™‚ FX we are together again in the March mamas!

Post # 502
322 posts
Helper bee

Update: 9dpo frer afternoon pee. I think this is the start of my bfp!!

Post # 505
368 posts
Helper bee

It’s nice not to feel so alone, though I am sorry to hear so many bees are facing the same struggles. Between the exhaustion and sometimes ‘mechanical’ feel of BDing after so many days in a row (and often when you aren’t in the mood, but feel you have to since you’re in your fertile window), the pressure he feels to ‘perform’, the tracking in the apps, and everything in between, the whole thing can get very tiring. Couple that with the emotional toll of BFNs and the waiting and uncertainty and it’s easy to see why so many women get so stressed about this (myself included).

Post # 506
328 posts
Helper bee

ladyvictoria :  sorry to hear that was your first experience -going from just having sex to “BD-ing” is definitely an adjustment! My husband and I are still getting used to it too though it’s definitely getting better (on cycle 3). Good luck x

Post # 507
322 posts
Helper bee

NicoleLyn1218 :  thanks love! Heres my FMU update. I wish you all sooo much luck and baby dust!!! 

Post # 508
2936 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 29th, 2016

shanmia :  Thank you! We actually had a really great evening together last night doing some gardening and then making dinner together. We went to bed and cuddled and one thing led to another and all is well again ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 509
2402 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

megasaurus_rex :  Yay, congrats!!! And thanks. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

ladyvictoria :  Glad to hear it. Those little squabbles are no fun, especially when you’re fertile and TTC.

Post # 510
328 posts
Helper bee

ladyvictoria :  ah, glad to hear it! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors