July 2019 Babies

posted 1 year ago in Pregnancy
Post # 46
54 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Is anyone else having cramps? I’ve been having menstrual-like cramps (though less intense). This is my first ever pregnancy so I have no idea what to expect, but I did have a CP when I was in college. I told my pcp, who confirmed my pregnancy and she ordered hcg tests. My beta was 134 and I was at 284 two days later. Is this normal?

Post # 48
308 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

FutureMrsMc0425 :  first pregnancy here too. I am actually lying in bed and was just wondering about the cramps I’ve been feeling. As someone with endo they’re really nothing horrible compared to what a regular period is like for me, but i still get worried. Question – do all doctors normally offer hcg tests? Going to my first appontement on Monday and I definitely wanna ask for them but not sure if they’re the norm?

Post # 49
54 posts
Worker bee

Minoux21 :  I think your OB might do an hcg test once you have your first appointment but I’m not sure? I don’t think they’re the norm at this stage unless you’ve had previous miscarriages. My pcp did one because I had expressed concern about cramps and previously having a chemical pregnancy (granted, that was a long time ago and my circumstances were completely different — I was on the pill). I don’t see the harm in asking for one.

Post # 50
54 posts
Worker bee

bananasareyellow :  Thank you for the reassurance! They are getting better each day but I was pretty concerned at first.

Post # 52
882 posts
Busy bee

Minoux21 :  My OB doesn’t do betas unless there’s a demonstrated pattern (3 CPs/early miscarriages or more) of early loss. If they don’t agree for any reason you can go to an open lab (you find them a lot at places that do workplace drug testing) and request a test that way if you’re nervous. 

Post # 53
1078 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

Minoux21 :  during my first pregnancy they did betas because the dr thought that I was having a chemical (the reality was that the urine test done at the dr office was my 4th pee of fhe day!) . You can always ask for hcg and progesterone “just to soothe nerves”. My dr is hesitant with progesterone tests but not hcg and is willing to do that one even if just for curiosity. I think she knows people would just go to the urgent care clinic down the st if she said no. She is hesitant for over zealous progesterone tests, though, if no other signs or history of miscarriage. 

Post # 54
310 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

ROLL CALL!

How old are you (if you want to share)? 27

How far along are you? 3w2d

Estimated due date? July 7 (according to last period, but July 13 according to ovulation)

What # baby is this for you? 2

How many cycles trying? 2! Had a chemical last month.

When did you get your BFP? SUPER early yesterday, but “officially” today

Who have you told? Just the husband and my doctor! And my son, but he’s just over a year and a half and didn’t seem to care lol

When do you plan to tell other people? It depends, last time around I was really sick and told some close family/friends by 9 weeks. I’m hoping to hold out longer this time.

How did you tell your partner? I had my son give him a book called “I am a big brother!”

Any symptoms? God. SO MANY. Basically from implantation. Sore boobs, hungry, SO tired, moody, and I get chills at night but wake up really hot. I hope that’s normal…?

What are you most excited about? Making it to the second trimester! First trimester was really hard for me last time.

When is your first appointment? I’ll book that tomorrow.

Are you planning to find out the gender? Yep! Asap!

Post # 55
308 posts
Helper bee

Kannon :  saw my doctor yesterday, she’s requested hcg levels. The lab closed by the time I got there and I’ll have to get it done tomorrow morning. I also got a flu shot while there which freaked me out a bit to get it so early on especially as I never had one before, but I just felt it was necessary given flu season is starting now and that I don’t wanna take any risks. 

A very tmi question – anyone else has loose stools? I’ve had it almost every day so far which is starting to worry me.

Post # 56
1078 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2016

Minoux21 :  there are no tmi questions with pregnancy. Your hormones are in overdrive and shit will literally just happen.  Right now my body is bouncing back and forth between constipation and soft.  Just wait until postpartum when your muscles down there are exhausted (haha, but no, really get on that pelvic floor)

Post # 57
308 posts
Helper bee

Kannon :  as a hypochondriac and first time pregnant, I’m overanalysing absolutely everything.

Post # 58
1430 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

Minoux21 :  I have loose stools too! I was constipated for a few days but now it’s the opposite. I don’t really feel sick but I keep getting bowel cramps and nausea when I need to go to the bathroom. Feel like it’s my version of morning sickness maybe? I’m only nauseous when I need to use the bathroom.

I’m so tearful today. I was just driving home today thinking about possible baby names we have in mind and had to pull over to cry? ๐Ÿ˜‚ Because of a name. I was like “pull yourself together woman!” I’m horrible before my period, so moody and always thought pregnancy would be the same but I haven’t experienced the moodiness (with this pregnancy or the last one). I’ll cry at anything though. 

Anyone else a crying mess? 

Post # 59
230 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2017 - City, State

I’m sooo excited to join with you ladies!

How old are you (if you want to share)? 24

How far along are you? 3w4d (pregnancy app estimate)

Estimated due date? July 12th (again, pregnancy app estimate)

What # baby is this for you? 1

How many cycles trying? 3. MC in June after our first cycle trying.  

When did you get your BFP? Yesterday! 

Who have you told? Just Darling Husband and my best friend. We didn’t tell anyone until after the MC last time and I’m not sure if that made it harder or not. I’m feeling very optimistic about this pregnancy and I didn’t the first cycle so I’m hoping good things!

When do you plan to tell other people? Maybe 8 weeks for immediate family, definitely want to hear the heartbeat first but it would be nice to tell them around the holidays! We’re still debating as I wouldn’t mind the support system this time around. Definitely 12 weeks for extended family and the rest of our circle. 

How did you tell your partner? I’ve had a very strong feeling that I am pregnant since last week, just felt it in my gut so I had told him yesterday morning I bet I’m pregnant. I took a test after work (crazy I got a positive on a CB digital with my like 10th pee of the day so early on!! Fx it means it’s my sticky bean!) and told him when he got home that we’re going to have an extra babe on our trip this weekend! I couldn’t hold out until our trip or surprise him haha

Any symptoms? Nothing crazy, slight cramping and sore boobs but SOO hungry. 

What are you most excited about? To hear the lil babes heartbeat!! And mainly to get out of the first trimester with a healthy progression

When is your first appointment? Waiting to make it until I’m officially late for my period as I tested early. My missed period is Friday so I’ll call Monday or Tuesday. 

Are you planning to find out the gender? Absolutely!!! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors