July 2019 POAS- Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Active Treatment)

posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 16
3286 posts
Sugar bee

heartandstars :  It was a disaster last week and more of a disaster this week yell We were supposed to be drilling our stump holes mid last week but half way through the first hole, part of the machinery sheered off so we had to stop. This week we booked a guy to come out and do it so it’s done ASAP since we’d already waited weeks for the machinery for the first attempt, but he called last night with some bullshit excuse, so now we are back to square one. Who knew it was so hard to get someone to drill some stump holes, omg. We’re stuck twiddling our thumbs until someone does it!

Post # 17
611 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

ROLL CALL:

Your age/partner’s age: 32/31

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: 2.5 years

Current CD/DPO: CD2

Usual Cycle Length: 25 days

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): 29 June

POAS/beta day: 12 July

Known fertility issues: endometriosis 

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.): just the usual supplements and charting with Ava 

Trying anything new this month? Nope

Link to your chart, if charting:

For fun- What’s your favourite meal to cook for a dinner party? 

Probably butternut squash soup and vegan lasagne

Post # 18
3286 posts
Sugar bee

My husband just took a work contract which means for the next 4 months he will be working away somewhere remote. He will be gone for 2 weeks then home for 1, rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat. 16 weeks isn’t thst long in the big scheme of things.

I’m going to take femara if his schedule means he will be home around CD12-15, if not, I’ll let my cycle do its thing on its own… Who knows how many will line up with his schedule, my irregularity might actually help in this situation. But also, a break from actively TTC some months might even be nice.

Post # 19
470 posts
Helper bee

I’m back in the TTC game after the miscarriage in the beginning of may. With the miscarriage after 2.5 years of infetility, I really hit rock bottom, but since AF came back, we’ll start trying for our rainbow. 

Your age/partner’s age: 31/35

Cycles TTC: 2.5 years, first cycle since MC

Current CD/DPO: CD3

Usual Cycle Length: 30-32

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): July 7 or something

POAS/beta day: July 20

Known fertility issues: endometriosis. We were MFI in the past, but this got fixed

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.): SMEP and a million supplements

Trying anything new this month? Trying natural again. We’ll do 2 more natural cycles with the improved SA, and then go back to ICSI.

For fun- What’s your favourite meal to cook for a dinner party? homemade tacos or vietnamese spring rolls

Post # 21
222 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

ROLL CALL:

Your age/partner’s age: 31/38

Cycles TTC: 21

Current CD/DPO: CD1 (well, AF is coming today or tomorrow)

Usual Cycle Length: 30-33 days

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): July 8-10 probably

POAS/beta day: July 25th

Known fertility issues: Unexplained – had subclinical hypothyroidism and low vitamin D, but both have been corrected

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.): Treatments – IUI/IVF

Trying anything new this month? Our second IUI failed, so trying to decide between doing IUI with injectables or IVF next. I’d like to do IVF, but our clinic has an outrageous cost, so will maybe do IUI witht injectables while getting set up with another clinic.

Link to your chart, if charting: Only charting to confirm O

For fun- What’s your favourite meal to cook for a dinner party? I usually stick to various types of Mexican good – tacos, enchiladas, nachos, flautas or put together a mean cheese board.

Post # 23
1090 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Hopping on this thread since I feel pretty clueless about a lot of the fertility treatment options that I have all the sudden found myself in the middle of. I was tracking several cycles off birth control prior to TTC and realized I have a significant luteal phase defect, so I proactively went and had an evaluation this time around since I never pursued an evaluation with my ex-husband after 3 miscarriages… because, well, he decided he didn’t want to be married to me any longer, so TTC wasn’t in the works any longer. I am so blessed to have found an incredible guy to marry and we both want lots of babies! 🙂

ROLL CALL:

Your age/partner’s age: I turn 30 this weekend, my husband is 27

Baby #: 2nd for me, first for Darling Husband. I have one 5 year old son and have had 3 miscarriages. 

Cycles TTC: only the 3rd actively trying with new Darling Husband

Current CD/DPO: CD14

Usual Cycle Length: 28 days

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): just had hCG trigger injection today…so hopefully ovulate in 2-3 days, start vaginal progesterone on Friday!

POAS/beta day: July 8th earliest

Known fertility issues: multiple miscarriages, luteal phase defect (my natural luteal phase is usually 8 days with a ton of spotting for several days prior). I also have elevated anti-mullerian hormone, but no other typical features of PCOS

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.): we BD’d this weekend, I was told by my provider to skip today and BD tomorrow and next day. We use preseed lubricant and I chart BBT. I start vaginal progesterone to try and support my defective luteal phase Friday. 

Trying anything new this month? hCG trigger with luteal phase progesterone

Link to your chart, if charting: on my phone, not able to link, boo!

For fun- What’s your favourite meal to cook for a dinner party? my Darling Husband usually cooks, he makes fantastic steaks! 

Thanks for these threads and would love all the info about fertility treatments and work-ups, I did hCG trigger this cycle, but next cycle if this isn’t successful is likely going to also involve clomid. We likely wouldn’t pursue IUI or IVF until we were at a year plus without success, but it makes me feel better that I am at least actively working on my luteal phase defect now. If I never have to go through another miscarriage again, it would be a win. 

Post # 24
264 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

Your age/partner’s age: both 38, I’ll be 39 in July 

Cycles TTC: 19 months 

Current CD/DPO:  doing IVF, no longer track cycle days 

Usual Cycle Length: way back before my system got messed up with meds, I used to be 28-30 days 

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind):

We’ve done 4 egg retrievals and I’ve had 2 surgeries for endo in the last 14 months.  Last surgery removed my tubes amongst other things.  I had my first FET at the beginning of June, and got news last week that it was a chemical.  We have 5 remaining day 3 embryos.  

POAS/beta day:  Not sure when next FET will be 

Known fertility issues: DOR, stage 4 endo 

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.):  right now, just taking prenatals

Trying anything new this month?  I have an appointment to review my chemical with my RE next week.  We are insisting on an ERA and a repeat hysteroscopy to start.  I want a complete change of protocol, first FET was a natural transfer.  

Link to your chart, if charting: We are only doing IVF due to my tubes being gone 

For fun- What’s your favourite meal to cook for a dinner party?  I’m a big fan of tapas type food for dinner parties!!!

Post # 25
1457 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

annili :  pigpug10 :  argh I’m so sorry both of you are back here and that you get your sticky beans soon ❤️

I’m on CD13, should get all of the final ivf preliminary testing back on Friday! During the same phone call they will book my mock and I should be starting bcp in about 2 weeks!

Post # 26
711 posts
Busy bee

ROLL CALL:

Your age/partner’s age: 35/34

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: 13 natural; 1 failed IVF. 

Current CD/DPO: On bcp for next IVF cycle

Usual Cycle Length: used to be 25-28

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): Hoping to start 2nd round of IVF in July. The coordinator “messed up” and put down that we were out of town until August. I’m so livid. So they have have me starting August 4th but are trying to get me in for July but that’s already booked. 

POAS/beta day: unknown at this point

Known fertility issues: MFI and now suspecting DOR or at least lower OR on my part. 

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.): New protocol for 2nd IVF cycle. Trying Microdose Lupron Flare. Also, meeting with RE on Thursday to discuss possible TESA surgery for my husband as the RE believes his sperm are becoming over oxidized for some reason. 

Trying anything new this month? I’ve put Dh on supplements to help with oxidization and trying new supplements. He was taking Proxeed but I don’t think that stuff works as we saw no difference after 3 months. Now he’s taking DHEA, antioxidant vitamin, zinc, folic acid, and CoQ10. I’m taking CoQ10, DHEA, Vitex, R-Alpha Lipoic Acid, L-Arginine, D3, prenatals, and Resveratol. Plus I’ve all but stopped drinking. Maybe 1 glass here and there. Eating mostly clean. 

For fun- What’s your favourite meal to cook for a dinner party? Venison. I live in NYC so venison is pretty unique here. My dad is a hunter in the South so he ships it up to me. Our guests are always really excited to try it or realize that it’s so much healthier than store bought meat. No hormones, all natural diet, and lived a good life up until the end :/

Post # 27
700 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Montego Bay, Jamaica

ROLL CALL:

Your age/partner’s age: 31/32

Cycles TTC: 9 cycles (7 after MMC/5 after CP) 17 months

Current CD/DPO: 3 DPO

Usual Cycle Length: 48-ish days but I actually ovulated a lot earlier this cycle 😀 which is rare

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): we changed our minds and decided to wait 1 cycle before Darling Husband got a sperm analysis. My temps were looking good so we put it off.

POAS/beta day: July 4

Known fertility issues: PCOS & 2 prior MC’s

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.): We tried to BD every other day!

Trying anything new this month? no

For fun- What’s your favourite meal to cook for a dinner party? I don’t cook. We usually make the dip and bring chips haha

<footer class=”social-row”>
<div class=”likes bbp-admin-links “>
<div class=”bbpl_button_wrapper”> </div>
</div>
</footer>

Post # 28
243 posts
Helper bee

ROLL CALL:

Your age/partner’s age: 40/45

Cycles TTC: 12+ mo

Current CD/DPO: CD 8

Usual Cycle Length: 28 days

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): July 3

POAS/beta day:  July 16

Known fertility issues: a bit of everything, age being one of them!

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.):  dh getting having second SA done next week

Trying anything new this month? waiting to have HSG scheduledLink to your chart, if charting:

For fun- What’s your favourite meal to cook for a dinner party? I am usually the one that makes a fancy salad.  But for cooked meal I would go with slow cooked chicken or beef in tomato sauce served over pasta

Post # 29
109 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

ROLL CALL:

Your age/partner’s age: 31/33

Cycles TTC: 3rd cycle using fertility medication but we have been trying naturally for two years.

Current CD/DPO: 5 DPO

Usual Cycle Length: 27 days

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): I am using gonal f, ovidrel and we are doing TI

POAS/beta day: July 6th

Known fertility issues: unexplained multiple early miscarriages, i’ve had 6 over two years 🙁 

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.): baby aspirin, progesterone suppositories, vitamin D3.

Trying anything new this month? No, just trying to be as relaxed as possible.

For fun- What’s your favourite meal to cook for a dinner party? Lasagna, salad + freshly baked bread accompanied by lots of red wine, when not TTC of course wink

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors