July 2019 POAS- Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Active Treatment)

posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 31
1090 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

heartandstars :  thank you!

Does anyone here have experience with trigger shots? I got triggered on Monday at 1:30 pm, so yesterday afternoon would have been 48 hours and I was still having EWCM and ovulation pains. We were instructed to BD Tuesday and Wednesday and we did, I have no temp rise yet but from what I’m reading temps can be inaccurate with a triggered cycle. I am supposed to start vaginal progesterone tablets tomorrow night and I am hoping it’s not too soon after ovulation, but I also have read that hcg triggers are pretty reliable for ovulation after 36 hours, 40 at the most. Are my hormones just wonky from the big dose of hcg? I have read through so many threads and still feel lost lol. I’ll just keep BDing just in case, hubby certainly won’t mind. This is more of an experimental cycle anyway to see if doing this helps my defunct Luteal phase, pregnancy would of course be wonderful, but I’ll feel better if I can actually knock out a longer than 8 day Luteal phase with progesterone’s assistance. 

Post # 34
700 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Montego Bay, Jamaica

heartandstars :  FX for you! Sounds like ovulation to me πŸ™‚ hoping it was!

Post # 35
109 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

cowgirlace :  I’ve done a trigger my last 3 cycles, my doctor has always said I will ovulate 36 hours later. I think it’s pretty accurate! Did you have a scan to check your follicles?

I’m feeling nervous this month because I had an egg on each side. Anyone experienced this or know anyone who has? I wonder if my chances are increased this month. Fingers crossed πŸ˜…πŸ€ž

Post # 36
1309 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

Don’t wanna dredge up the June thread so I’m rolling over into this one back from vacation!

Your age/partner’s age: 27/31

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: 21 months

Current CD/DPO: CD 54

Usual Cycle Length: avg. 41 days

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): FX O’ing today or yesterday, my right ovary feels engorged and is tender to the touch

POAS/beta day: July 14 is our anniversary, FX that is test date!!

Known fertility issues: thin PCOS  w/high T and no lining

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.): temping and BD’ing

Trying anything new this month? I start progesterone after my trips this month for the next 6 months πŸ™‚

For fun- What’s your favourite meal to cook for a dinner party? ooo we usually buy steaks and vegetables for a bbq, for Christmas I made a huge spread. I loving cooking!

<footer class=”social-row”>
<div class=”likes bbp-admin-links “> </div>
</footer>

Post # 37
1090 posts
Bumble bee

mrsstephjbee :  yes, my follicle was a little over 2 mm on Monday on US which is why she triggered me that day. I definitely don’t have anymore EWCM so I think I must have ovulated yesterday sometime closer to the 48 hour window after the trigger? I don’t know. I keep reading studies that say no more than 40 hours. I am tempted to just not take my temps and drive myself even more crazy sealed

Post # 38
1456 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

All our prelim testing is done/in and we have our mock booked July 9th. So relieved to see this show finally getting on the road.

Post # 39
109 posts
Blushing bee

cowgirlace :  my doctor says that when using medication the normal signs of ovulation are not reliable. You’re forcing it with the trigger. Temping won’t be accurate either, I would trust the studies and assume it was somewhere around 36 hours πŸ˜ƒ. Also I never trust cm that much, it can be different each cycle! Fingers crossed everything is fine. Is there any reason you are focusing on when you ovulated? Like BD timing?

Post # 40
3284 posts
Sugar bee

anev :  I’m so happy the ball finally started rolling (and fast!) for you! Very exciting 😁

AFM 5 or 6dpo amd of course FF is confused because I haven’t used opks or been tracking my cm, at this point it looks like I ovulated on CD 13 or 14 πŸ‘

Post # 41
1090 posts
Bumble bee

mrsstephjbee :  just to make sure I don’t start vaginal progesterone too early! I am supposed to start it Friday night, “three days” after ovulation. I mostly wanted to do vaginal progesterone this cycle to support my short and spotty Luteal phase πŸ™„. If all I get this cycle is a longer Luteal phase, that would be a win! πŸ‘πŸ»

Post # 42
109 posts
Blushing bee

cowgirlace :  Ohhh I see! I’m using suppositories too. They’re not the nicest but hopefully they work for you, lots of people swear by them.

Post # 44
700 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Montego Bay, Jamaica

just chilling over here at 6 DPO………………

Post # 45
1090 posts
Bumble bee

heartandstars :  my sister had a miscarriage recently and then did accupuncture and is now almost 7 wks pregnant with a (thus far) healthy bean, she is trying to convince me to do accupuncture, too, maybe I should try it… but it’s also not super cheap ($125/session) and I have already spent probabably $1k this month on work-up, ultrasounds, and meds, so my hubby has subtely requested we pump the brakes some and not go into really major debt when we’ve only been trying for several months now, but I am just so freaked with my hx of miscarriages and my late ovulating and short luteal phase. Ugh. I probably could have waited before seeking treatment and tried more conservative things, but when you track cycles and know there’s an identifiable problem, makes me feel better that I feel like I am doing something to help it. I hope progesterone works for you too, every time I started spotting after ovulation I was like AHHHHH cry because in my mind I am like… how can a healthy pregnancy set up shop in a uterus that is trying to get rid of it’s lining so dang early?! Although with my first pregnancy it did… it’s just the worst to never have the reassurance of a “missed period” because *every* time I have been pregnant I have bled, a lot, prior to a positive pregnancy test, and only 1 time that resulted in a healthy pregnancy. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors