July 2019 POAS- Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Active Treatment)

posted 4 months ago in TTC
Post # 46
1312 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

heartandstars :  Cruise was absolutely beautiful!! Super glad to be back with my hot man tho haha

RaccoonKitty :  look at that O day!! woot woot 

Post # 47
806 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Wedgewood Las Vegas

ROLL CALL:

Your age/partner’s age: 34/33

Baby #: Will be our first

Cycles TTC: This is my 5th medicated, but we’ve been trying for 3 years

Current CD/DPO: CD19

Usual Cycle Length: Unknown – only cycle with medications, but around 28 days with medications

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): Should have been around CD14, but unknown this month

POAS/beta day: July 7th

Known fertility issues: PCOS, lack of Ovulation, No Thryoid

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.): Letrozole, Clomid, bbt temp chart, and timed intercourse CD10-20.

Trying anything new this month? Will be the first month without ultrasounds (work schedule conflict)

Link to your chart, if charting:

For fun- What’s your favourite meal to cook for a dinner party?  Prime Rib! Fancy twice baked potatoes! Cheesecake!

Post # 48
2661 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

danakxox :  so glad the cruise was great. I bet nice and relaxing to have a bit of a break, yet a little homesick for your handsome fella. Glad to have you back. 

Post # 49
1517 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

mrsstephjbee :  I disagree that temping won’t be accurate on a medicated/triggered cycle.  

When you trigger/ovulate it should release mature eggs, which then the follicle will luteinize and begin secreting progesterone (Which will increase your heart rate and temperature). If the trigger is given before eggs are mature (or possibly hyper mature) then they may not ovulate (or it could potentially force ovulation of an immature/unfertilizable egg) and lead to progesterone insufficiency because the follicle wasn’t ready to luteinize (and therefore no temp rise). Many doctors say temping in general isn’t accurate because many people are too inconsistent with timing temping to the exact time every day with 4+ hours of uninterrupted sleep. I don’t agree with that and I find temping to be very accurate if done properly.

RaccoonKitty :  yay for a nice early o!!

Post # 50
116 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

anev :  I was speaking specifically about what my doctor said to me because cowgirlace seemed to be in a similar situation. We were talking about taking a trigger shot/ progesterone suppositories and when she would have ovulated. Since I need progesterone it is clear that my body does not behave in the way you described, releasing the correct hormones etc. So for me and perhaps for anyone else who is using a trigger shot they are probably better off listening to their doctor about when they will ovulate rather than temping. 🙂 Great that it works for you though, I’m sure it helps a lot of people.

Post # 51
142 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

ROLL CALL:

Your age/partner’s age: 34/33

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: 12

Current CD/DPO: CD4

Usual Cycle Length: 25-26 who knows how long this month with starting meds

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): Started IVF shots on Sat

POAS/beta day: I have no clue but I think around 7/28

Known fertility issues: Endo, 1 ovary, DOR

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.): IVF

Trying anything new this month? First time doing IVF

Link to your chart, if charting:

For fun- What’s your favourite meal to cook for a dinner party? taco bar

Post # 52
736 posts
Busy bee

I’m officially out as we will not be able to start IVF round 2 until August. Though you can count on me to post here about random TTC/infertility stuff 🙂 Best of luck bees! 

Post # 53
3867 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

Not sure if I should be posting in the June or the July thread. I am new to all of this!

ROLL CALL:

Your age/partner’s age: 28 (me), 26 (DH)

Baby #: Hopefully baby #1

Cycles TTC: Lost count. Started trying back in 2015

Current CD/DPO: CD 12

Usual Cycle Length: Varies due to PCOS. Averaging around 35

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): Doctor said I should ovulate around Wednesday or Thursday

POAS/beta day: I would assume two weeks after I ovulate, so maybe around July 13?

Known fertility issues: PCOS, anovulation

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.): I have lost 60 pounds, cut out most carbs, go to the gym 6 days a week, and am taking inositol supplements

Trying anything new this month? No, just sticking with the changes I made six months ago

Link to your chart, if charting: N/A

For fun- What’s your favourite meal to cook for a dinner party? I am the dessert bringer, so I like to make Biscoff cookie butter fudge

Post # 54
1517 posts
Bumble bee

emapples :  welcome to July. I’m so excited for you to be starting ivf, I should be starting next month! What kind of protocol are you on? It seems like they plan to do fresh transfer?

goldenbrown :  argh that sucks they weren’t able to get you in for this month when it was their screw up 😡. But maybe it’s not a bad thing to give your body a break instead of back to back stims. Do they worry about over suppression with bcp for > 1 month? We should be ivf buddies though! My mock is next week then I start bcp. 

MrsMeowton :  welcome! Congrats on losing 60 lbs! Wow what an accomplishment! Are you taking clomid or Femara? Do you chart to confirm ovulation? 

Post # 55
3867 posts
Honey bee

anev :  Thank you! Life without pizza has been brutual, but I am working towards something much better hahaha. 

I did my first round of Femara at 2.5 mg. I went in for my ultrasound today for CD 12 and I had a smaller follicle (forgot to ask size and doctor didn’t mention it) and a 21 mm follicle on my left ovary. I do not chart for ovulation (yet). Using OPKs for now even though I know they may not work. Doctor said at the size my follicle is, she’d expect for me to ovulate in the next 72 hours, so we are just going to BD until Saturday and test with the OPKs. 

Post # 56
1517 posts
Bumble bee

MrsMeowton :  I couldn’t imagine life without pizza! 21 mm follicle is great, hopefully it ovulates quickly for you! When I was doing medicated cycles I was started at 5 mg/day cd3-7 (I think?) of Femara (we are unexplained, I ovulate regularly on my own), the multiples risk is less than clomid but you can always see if your doc will up your dose if this round isn’t successful. Have you had baseline blood tests checked?

Post # 57
3867 posts
Honey bee

anev :  I did not do any baseline levels checked. When I got a positive ovulation test in April, they had me come in a week later to check my levels then, but they were inconclusive and she said it was likely I didn’t ovulate. I’m cautiously optimistic about the size of the follicle and hoping that I will ovulate soon. I have a gut feeling that if I can just ovulate, I’ll get pregnant. I got positive tests in March & April, but nada. I did not get a positive reading for all of May, so my fingers are seriously crossed this time. 

Post # 58
1517 posts
Bumble bee

MrsMeowton :  hopefully you’ll ovulate! It sounds like you’re seeing an obgyn and not an RE? Typically a RE will test a number of things such as FSH, LH, Prolactin, thyroid, insulin, androgens, etc to see if there’s a reason for anovulation that can has a specific treatment (other than the wonky hormones of pcos). When you say positive tests in April and May does that mean opk or pregnancy tests??

Post # 59
3867 posts
Honey bee

anev :  I am seeing an OBGYN. I meant positive OPKs. I have not had a positive pregnancy test in the 4.5 years we’ve been trying!

Post # 60
1517 posts
Bumble bee

MrsMeowton :  I don’t have pcos but I know opks can be really unreliable in some, particularly with pcos. I would really recommend you see an RE especially given how long you’ve been trying! Where I live it is routine to see an obgyn first 😡, and I wasted so much time with him and honestly in hind sight he really didn’t have a clue. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors