July 2019 POAS- Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Active Treatment)

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 61
2624 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

Welp, I’m officially rolling over. BFN 6/29 and 6/30, and the cramping and spotting started on 7/1 despite taking the progesterone supp in the morning. I’ll fill out the official roll call when AF shows 100%. This will be our last IUI, and then will save up the rest of the $ for IVF and lose some weight for egg retrieval. Appt with RE to discuss next steps is next week. 

Catching up on your posts now πŸ™‚ 

Post # 62
2624 posts
Sugar bee

annili :  FX a natural try works for you and becomes a sticky baby! 

Post # 63
2624 posts
Sugar bee

heartandstars :  fx this is your month too! 

danakxox :  Hoping this month works, or in the very least that the progesterone for 6 months works for your lining!!!!! 

anev :  Wahoo! That is so so exciting! Fx for a great mock and a successful first IVF cycle!

Post # 64
2624 posts
Sugar bee

MrsMeowton :  I would also recommend an RE with how long you guys have been trying…but maybe some medicated cycles will do the trick with your PCOS! Awesome job on losing 60 lbs! I’ve lost 30 and need to lose about 30 more. 

Post # 65
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

I’m so tempted to take a FR in the morning. I will be 11 DPO and 12 Days past Ovidrel 250 trigger. I’m having some very light cramping and tenderness in my chest but nothing that would be out of the ordinary. Should I do it? πŸ˜…πŸ€ž

Post # 66
142 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

anev :  Right now I’m on follistim and menopur and then they plan on doing a fresh transfer if everything goes good. They like to do a day 5 transfer but if theres a low number of eggs that fertilize they do a day 3 instead. I’m keeping my fingers crossed 

Post # 67
1402 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

emapples :  your clinics protocol sounds much like mine. When is your next scan??

NicLE1218 :  sorry for AF. I really hope that iui #6 is your bfp cycle!

Post # 68
697 posts
Busy bee

anev :  they said that the BCP would not suppress me, but who knows. I feel like they need me to do the BCP just to batch me, which makes me a little pissed. I’ll do what they say for this second round, but if we get the same results (zero embryos past day 3) then I’m telling them exactly what I want done or will switch clinics. I might even go ahead and make an appointment with another clinic to have as a back up since it takes forever to get into a good one. Any NYC clinic recs? 

Post # 70
1402 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

goldenbrown :  @sleepymelis (trying to use bat signal here) saw RE in NYC and had good success! My clinic batches too which I find frustrating as well πŸ™

Post # 71
1116 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

anev :   goldenbrown :  hi ladies! I do check in here quite often to see how y’all are doing πŸ˜‰

I used RMA of NY and had a very good experience. They’re huge, but the doctors and nurses treat you with a personal touch and you don’t feel like a number. Both the doctors I saw there had great bedside manner and were very professional and competent, and I have a friend who is seeing a different doctor there and really likes him as well. They have offices all over the tri state area so while you have to go to the UES for major treatments (IUI / IVF), there are lots of options for monitoring. Most importantly, they were not pushy, listened to my concerns, and were willing to tailor their protocol to my personal issues and we ended up successful (I am 26 weeks pregnant with my rainbow IVF baby). 

Caveat: they are not cheap, but I was lucky and insurance covered a good portion of my treatment.

Post # 72
697 posts
Busy bee

sleepymelis :  ha! I’m at RMA seeing Dr. Stein. How many rounds of IVF did you do? I thought they were great at first but I feel like if your first round doesn’t work that’s when they really start to fall apart. Did you see a different doctor? I’m at the Westside office. 

Post # 73
1116 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

goldenbrown :  oh no! So sorry to hear that. I saw Dr Sekhon at the downtown location. She was great.

Post # 75
2624 posts
Sugar bee

This is my official rollover….AF arrived 7/3 while I was at work and she’s being mean right now. I called to schedule my baseline ultrasound and due to the holiday they did it 7/3. Sucked for my sleep, but good to get it out of the way so I don’t have to worry about it on Friday before we go out of town. That being said, I didn’t know they did them on day 1 too! Glad AF was still light so there wasn’t blood all over!!! 

Your age/partner’s age: 29/35

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: Cycle 17…18 months.

Current CD/DPO: CD 2

Usual Cycle Length: 28-30 days on medicated cycles.

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): This will be our 6th and final IUI before we go to IVF. If all goes well on the CD12 US on 7/14 my IUI should be on 7/17 CD14.

POAS/beta day: July 30th – I hate being the last of the bunch..it gets lonely.

Known fertility issues: PCOS, bicornuate uterus and azoospermia

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.): Supplements (the IVF PCOS plan from It Starts With The Egg), raspberry leaf capsules and evening primrose before ovulation, temping with Ava, mostly healthy eating, trigger shot, IUI with donor sperm and progesterone after ovulation

Trying anything new this month?: Nope! It will be our last IUI though. I have about 35lbs to lose before we can do “elective” egg retrieval for IVF, and save a little $ also. We do have an appt with our RE on the 11th to discuss next steps – if anyone has any question ideas I should ask about feel free to pass them on over! 

For fun- What’s your favourite meal to cook for a dinner party?: Something simple, yet good. Depends on the season and crowd, but I don’t host many dinner parties. If I’m bringing something it’s usually pasta salad or dessert…if I’m cooking it myself it truely depends on what it’s for. I’m complicated, I know. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors