July 2019 POAS- Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Active Treatment)

posted 2 months ago in TTC
Post # 76
101 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

I had a bfn this morning at 13 DPO, just waiting for AF now. I may have my next POAS date as the 31st of July.

Post # 77
1090 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I am 8 dpo and not a single spot of blood. This is a miracle! I have never made it this long without spotting. I think the nasty progesterone suppositories are helping! 👏🏻 Now to wait and see if I am actually pregnant or not, but seriously, even if this wasn’t our month, I’m so excited that progesterone is helping my Luteal phase length. 

Fingers crossed for everyone still awaiting their POAS day 🤞🏻

Post # 78
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Hi ladies – have been MIA for a bit, no specific reason.  Last month was my first IUI with a trigger shot (2nd overall) – AF arrived 4 days late and while I knew i wasn’t pregnant (BFNs + typical AF crampinng) it still hit me pretty hard.  We were all for another IUI with trigger shot this month but timing was a bit wonky with my drs office being closed yesterday and this weekend (closes 2 weekends/year, this just happens to be one of them) so I’m currently just monitoring for O abnd BD and it looks like Monday or Tuesday might be good for IUI afterall.

ROLL CALL:

Your age/partner’s age: 39/39

Baby #: 2 (DS will be 3 in Nov)

Cycles TTC: started trying in June 2018 so 13ish

Current CD/DPO: CD11

Usual Cycle Length: was 28ish (a little screwed up with the IUIs and trigger shot)

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): thinking I’ll O Sunday or Monday and, if so, IUI Monday or Tuesday

POAS/beta day: July 20th

Known fertility issues: none but I’m nearing 40 so there’s that ……

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.): BD EOD unitl positive OPK, then BD/IUI for the next 3 days

Trying anything new this month? Back to OPKs as my drs office is closed

Link to your chart, if charting: N/A

For fun- What’s your favourite meal to cook for a dinner party?  I don’t cook much, I’m usually the “what sides/desert can I pick up” to make things easier for the host.

Post # 80
263 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

Well, I’m out for this month.  Had my appointment with my RE after my chemical last month, and since we only have enough embryos for 2 transfers, we are going to do a repeat hysteroscopy as well as an endometrial scratch before our next transfer.  We are also going to do 2 weeks of doxycycline before we transfer.  So it’s looking like probably mid to late August before we transfer again.  Probably a good thing, I kind of hit rock bottom after our chemical, and I’m still trying to pull myself out.  I started seeing a therapist this week, as the reality of this possibly not working has really settled in for us.  My husband and I have had some tough conversations lately, and we are leaning towards adopting if we aren’t successful with our last 2 transfers.  I just don’t think we have it in us to try again.  Anyways, I’ll get on the August board, and good luck to all of you!  

Post # 81
607 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

pigpug10 :  sorry you’re out and having a hard time. I’m glad they are pulling out all the stops for you with this one, and well done on having the tough conversations with your husband.

Post # 82
607 posts
Busy bee

NicLE1218 :  sorry you’re rolling over here, hope July is your month!

Post # 83
607 posts
Busy bee

cowgirlace :  glad to hear you’re getting a longer LP without spotting! I have the same problem too but they won’t put me on progesterone until after ivf.

Post # 84
607 posts
Busy bee

AFM i’m doing ok just now, thought we were going to miss FW altogether as we both got a stomach bug but we managed to BD on CD14 and looks like I ovulated on CD16 (late for me) so hopefully we’re in with a small chance.

I am however considering stopping TTC for next 2 months because I’m going for a new job. If I get the job and get pregnant before I start the job I could end up with much less rights to maternity pay whereas if I get the job and get pregnant after I start I’ll have at least entitlement to statutory pay (possibly also additional pay depending on their contract). Mostly though I’m feeling like we will need IVF to even have a chance of getting a BFP and that will likely be November at earliest. Also my next FW we are staying at close quarters with family so BDing might be a bit tricky anyway!

Post # 85
1401 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

pigpug10 :  argh sorry there is such a delay, hopefully the additional diagnostics will make the difference! We might be close to being transfer buddies if I get to do a fresh transfer (I get my calendar on Tuesday!). It’s good to see you are counseling with someone, this is such a dark and lonely process.

lucky_charm :  we did ntnp for the month I took a new job (18+ months ago) and we only did it for one monrh. For me the chance of a pregnancy was worth more than mat leave compensation, but alas still no pregnancy so in hindsight it didn’t matter. Hopefully your new job is a good fit!

AFM – I’m 11-12dpo, not feeling super hopeful. I’ll stop P on Monday if no bfp since my mock is Tuesday and I’ll want to get the show on the road to start bcp when af shows up.

Post # 86
692 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Montego Bay, Jamaica

I’m 2 days late now with another BFN. Really just want AF to show up so I can start over! 

Post # 87
1090 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I originally thought this was just the trigger hanging around, but today is the day it’s supposed to be “out of my system” at 14 days post trigger and the lines seem to be getting darker! I am going to get a beta drawn today. I am so excited but also trying to not let myself get too worked up, it’s the worst when you’ve had losses that I nearly default to “no guarantees! you could easily lose this pregnancy, it could be a tubal, etc.” But I am also so grateful for progesterone supplementation because I seriously wonder if that contributed to my previous miscarriages… But oh well. Today I am pregnant and I am just going to rest in that. 

Post # 88
692 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Montego Bay, Jamaica

cowgirlace :  congrats!!!!!!!! 😀

AF finally showed up last night. I’ll stick around because there is a chance I’ll have another July pee date. 

Post # 89
8 posts
Newbee

Hi everyone! I’ve been away for quite a while but as I’m getting into another IVF cycle thought I’d join in!

ROLL CALL:

Your age/partner’s age: 40/38

Baby #: 2 

Cycles TTC: I don’t even know. Started TTC in 2015 originally, did first IVF cycle in 2016, resulting in our now 2 year old daughter. FET of one other embryo failed earlier this year, so we are doing another new IVF cycle now.

Current CD/DPO: CD7?

Usual Cycle Length: 28 days

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): Currently on day 7 of stims for IVF cycle.

POAS/beta day: Not sure yet. Hopefully late this month yet. We’ll say July 30!

Known fertility issues: No known issues. Maybe some male factor, but his numbers are great now. Never found any issues with me. But of course age is a factor at this point.

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.): IVF, fresh transfer, PGS testing of any remaining embryos.

Trying anything new this month? Increased stims over my first IVF cycle, but same protocol. We got 28 eggs the first time, but many were immature. Transferred one, resulting in our now 2yo, froze one which miscarried back in Feb. 

Link to your chart, if charting: N/A

For fun- What’s your favourite meal to cook for a dinner party?  I don’t think I’ve ever been to a dinner party, but I love to bake, so maybe I’d bring a lemon meringue pie! 

<footer class=”social-row”>
<div class=”likes bbp-admin-links “> </div>
</footer>

Post # 90
2624 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

cowgirlace :  congrats, mama!!!!! 

lucky_charm :  Thank you! I think we’ve had enough bad luck for July already (lost my wedding ring set in the lake…thank goodness for insurance, but still) so I’m hoping for some good news at the end of July! Hoping you get the new job and that it is a good fit! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors