July 2019 POAS- Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Active Treatment)

posted 1 month ago in TTC
Post # 97
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

I had my ER yesterday and just got the call about how my eggs are doing. 6 were retrieved and all 6 were mature and 5 fertilized. If everything goes good we will transfer 1 on Saturday. I’m happy with our results. At my ultrasound on Friday before the ER I was showing 3 follicles so I wasn’t going in with much expectations so I’m pleasanlty surprised. 

Post # 100
95 posts
Worker bee

Sorry for being so MIA recently! I have quite a bit of catching up to do on you all.

Genetic testing for Husband didn’t come back clean-he has XXY (Klinefelter). Feel like we will never see the finish line…

Post # 102
2608 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

heartandstars :  thanks! I hope so too. So sorry for your BFN!!! ๐Ÿ™ 

AFM, we had our appt with the RE to discuss next steps if this last IUI doesn’t work. I left feeling so much more relieved and less nervous about it all. I also have an MRI tomorrow morning to verify for damn sure that it is a bicornuate uterus vs septum before we would throw everything at IVF in the fall. I did some research and found out recently that while an SHG is pretty accurate, an MRI is the only 100% test. My RE was super willing to order it and her office scheduled it for me. I was losing a lot of hope before, but now it’s coming back after today’s appointment. 

Post # 103
2608 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

mommadreams :  Aww man. I’m so sorry. Is there any sort of treatment that can help? I’m not familiar with this but did a quick google search to see what it was. Seems to be not genetic, but a random chromosomal defect that happens after conception. 

Post # 104
95 posts
Worker bee

NicLE1218 :  at this point, our only chances of finding sperm is through mtese…about 30-40% chance of finding sperm. Was told to consider donor if mtese is unsuccessful. We have an appointment in August with another urologist to get his thoughts on it. He will have to be on medication for life to help with testosterone. He’s been on clomid for past month. They don’t think it will help produce new sperm per say but possibly help continue any production that is currently being made.

i hope your iui is successful!!!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors