July 2019 POAS- Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Active Treatment)

posted 1 year ago in TTC
Post # 121
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

View original reply
anev :  You are right,  really needed to hear that. I’m going to try and get into the mindset of IVF as another path rather than an ending/failure. Thanks!

Post # 122
4108 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
heartandstars :  Thanks! AF is supposedly due tomorrow, but I’m not sure. I typically spot for two days prior to my period, but I started having a few cramps/spotting on Tuesday. It has been so light that it barely shows up when I wipe. Cramps have been my only indication that I’m probably amping up to bleed. My brain keeps doing that annoying thing where it’s telling me I could *still* be pregnant, even though I feel like I’m not. I don’t temp/chart, so while it is possible I could have had a delayed ovulation, I feel like I would know by now. I had another BFN this morning. 

I will be calling my doctor Monday if my period does not arrive this weekend. By Monday, I will be 2 days late. 

Post # 123
765 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
mrsstephjbee :  Hey sorry to hear this; I know how much it hurts to think that IVF is the only option especially when it’s out of pocket. Just wondering, have you had a DNA fragmentation test done for your dh? It’s possible that all of his parameters are normal but he might have high fragmentation. Also, what did your RE mean but your genes might not be the right mix? Never heard that before. 

Post # 126
4108 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
heartandstars :  I started my period Saturday, I’m a roll over :/

Post # 127
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

So, after 13 months, 12 cycles trying, 3 IUIs & more progesterone supplements than I can count, this happened. I want to be super excited but I just can’t – no real reason to think it’ll be a CP but that’s how my last 2 pregnancies ended so I can’t help but let my mind wonder there. Send sticky baby dust please 🀞🏼

Post # 128
11 posts
Newbee

View original reply
mrsstephjbee :  It is scary when IVF is suggested. I was in a similar situation, albeit I had never had a BFP ever. We did 5 IUIs, nada. I was reluctant to do IVF as it seemed so drastic when I didn’t seem to have any issues – I ovulated regularly, lining was always great, etc. Hubby’s SA was good as well.

I won’t lie, the meds and injections were intimidating at first but I got used to it and it went by quickly. We got 2 embyros, one of which is now my 2 year old. Unfortunately the other resulted in a miscarriage earlier this year. We just did our second round and transferred 2 good quality blastocysts on July 20. 

So I guess my point is that it seems like a huge step and is kind of scary, but can can speed up the ttc process and help your Drs figure out what the issues really are. I had a lot of immature eggs- not sure if that was the problem all along, but would help explain things. 

Good luck with whichever path you choose!

Post # 130
260 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

View original reply
heartandstars :  Thank you!  I am definately pregnant and trying to wrap my head around it while understanding that I’ve been here before with great and not so great results.  I’ve decided to go in for a blood draw tomorrow morning – hopefully my numbers are high enough that I can start to get more excited.  Was an IUI cycle (my third) – unmedicated (except for the trigger shot the day before the IUI) as I just couldn’t do anything that increased the changes of multipes with a husband and an almost 3 year old in a NYC apartment πŸ™‚ 

Post # 131
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

ChiTownBee27 :  Ah congratulations, so exciting!!!

AFM, I’m rolling over.

Post # 132
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2017

Had my 1st beta today and I’m pregnant! I go back on Thursday for my 2nd blood drawl to make sure my numbers are going up like they should be. Right now I’m trying to be cautiously optimisitic! I’ve held out on peeing on a stick until now. Now I can’t wait to get home and do one so I can finally see something besides the control line and stark white. 

Post # 133
139 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

View original reply
goldenbrown :  Thank you! I’ve had a few days to process and I’m feeling a lot better πŸ™‚ My husband has not had a fragmentation test. I have an appointment in two weeks so I will ask about it then. I have a list of questions. As for the genes thing I really have no idea, I have also not heard that before and I don’t buy it. I think he was just trying to make me understand the importance of PGS testing in my case since the tests so far have been normal.

View original reply
heartandstars :  I know, I was very overwhelmed on the day I wrote the post but I am feeling a lot more positive now.

View original reply
ChiTownBee27 :  Oh my gosh congratz!!!!!

View original reply
cloudgazer :  Wow you have had so many ups and downs, I’m so sorry for your loss. I hope everything is going well and you are about to get some great news in the coming weeks! Thank you so much for sharing your experience, it really helps put everything into perspective for me.

View original reply
emapples :  Ahh another congratz! I’m so happy to see some BFPs here, I can’t think of anyone who deserves some joy more than you ladies <3

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors