Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

How old are you and partner (if you want to share)? 34, husband is 39

How far along are you? 4w 5d??

Estimated Due Date? July 8

What baby # is this? 2

How many cycles trying? 11

When did you get your BFP? 11/2

Who have you told? one friend, husband, mom, sister, and my wedding bee Facebook group for baby #1

When do you plan to tell other people? Once things are more certain, but I’m not one to wait. 

How did you tell your partner? over the phone cause it was a weird one. 

Any symptoms? lots of cramping, nauscous this morning but that could have been in my head. real fatigue.

What are you most excited about? having a sibling for our first!

When is your first appointment? today, another for Thursday

Are you planning on finding out the sex? not sure yet, we were team green with #1

Some extra info: I took a pregnancy test on 10/27 then promptly started my period. it was 4 days, but slightly longer than they had been lately. I’d been starting to worry I wasn’t ovulating because of cycles a little shorter than before. I was a little comforted by it being a little longer. The whole period I felt terrible and continued to after… mostly cramping and fatigue and moody. I decided to take a test to rule out pregnancy beause TTC makes you a crazy person, and imagine my shock when it was positive!! waited two hours, tried again, stronger line. took a third the next morning. called my doctor today who is also surprised and is having me do bloodwork to make sure things are progressing, then she’s going to have me in for an early ultrasound Thursday as long as the numbers are good to just check things out. 

Post # 32
1 posts
Wannabee

How old are you and partner (if you want to share)? 31, 31

How far along are you? 3w 5d

Estimated Due Date? July 16th

What baby # is this? 1 (1 prior MC)

How many cycles trying? 6

When did you get your BFP? 11/4

Who have you told? Husband

When do you plan to tell other people? Immediate family at Christmas and everyone else once I start to show

How did you tell your partner? With a onesie gift

Any symptoms? Tired, sore breasts

What are you most excited about? Everything! We just bought a house so I can’t wait to decorate the nursery.

When is your first appointment? Haven’t called yet

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Probably not but we haven’t decided ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 34
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

How old are you and partner (if you want to share)? 26

How far along are you? about 3 weeks

Estimated Due Date? July 19th (guessing – haven’t seen the doctor yet)

What baby # is this? 2

How many cycles trying? 1

When did you get your BFP? Today

Who have you told? No one. Darling Husband isn’t home from work yet.

When do you plan to tell other people? ASAP 

How did you tell your partner? DS will wear a “big brother” shirt

Any symptoms? Sore nipples

What are you most excited about? Having another kid. (I’m actually dreading pregnancy)

When is your first appointment? Haven’t scheduled it yet

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Yes! We were team green last time.

Post # 35
242 posts
Helper bee

so excited to see our group growing! 

afenimore11 :  we were also team green this time and debating if we should find out this time. seems like quite a few of us second time moms were team green last round. I’m not 100% sure the big reveal was worth it. the not knowing really made me think about gender and how we handle it and treat kids differently, but I also wonder if I would have bonded more with my baby knowing he was a boy before hand. what do you think? 

Post # 36
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

msdenverbee :  we were team green because we knew both of our families would play into the gender roles A LOT. Everything would either be blue or pink and expectations would be high. I’m glad we did it and I don’t think it affected me bonding with him at all (but that is only my experience and it could be different for everyone). I would gladly do it again. However, I need to know if I am converting our guest room to a girls room or if I am putting DS in the same room as the the new baby if it’s a boy.

Post # 37
14 posts
Newbee

How old are you and partner (if you want to share)?

I’m 28, he’s 42

How far along are you?

4 weeks 6 days

Estimated Due Date?

July 10 2020

What baby # is this?

First!

How many cycles trying?

None. We were not trying at all. I have PCOS and I haven’t had a regular period in several years. I recently had a hemorrhagic overian cyst that put me in the hospital. They took me off my hormonal birth control because of that, we were using pull out thinking I probably couldn’t get pregnant anyway, and our little fighter somehow decided to set up shop. My positive test has been a shock to me and my medical team.

When did you get your BFP?

November 2

Who have you told?

My best friend (who is currently pregnant) and my sister

When do you plan to tell other people? 

We’re telling my parents this weekend, and his parents when we fly to see them over Thanksgiving for our engagement party.

How did you tell your partner?

I cried and told him to come with me to the bathroom. I was in a state of shock but he was happy and hugged me.

Any symptoms?

Nausea, fatigue, moodiness, smell aversion. 

What are you most excited about?

I’ve always wanted to be a mom, so I can’t wait to meet my little one.

When is your first appointment?

I’ve been seeing my gyno because of my medical history, but I still need to find an OB. I was able to see what is likely baby on ultrasound yesterday, but they are confirming next week. They are also testing my blood hcg levels, for the second time, so I’ll get those results today.

Are you planning on finding out the sex? 

I don’t want to but my partner does. We’ll see.

Post # 38
242 posts
Helper bee

bunny0307 :  what a great surprise!! congrats!! how deep in wedding planning are you? will you need a different dress or to change the date? 

Post # 39
11 posts
Newbee

LeonardLady :  I was totally not expecting a BFP, and honestly was so shocked when it happened, so I made a special shopping trip. So fun to go through the baby aisle thinking of our actual baby! He had the sweetest reaction and we are so excited.

I would love to join the Facebook group! I’ll PM you (if I can figure out how!)

Post # 40
14 posts
Newbee

msdenverbee :  thanks for asking! we were doing the courthouse on December 20, and we were planning a big wedding in India in November of next year. Right now we’re pushing up December because I’m starting a new job, and I’m hoping my dress still fits considering it’s only a month away. As for the big Indian wedding… He wants to move it up to March, but I don’t know how I feel about that considering I think I’ll start showing and his family is very conservative. We might move the religious ceremony to next year so grandparents can meet baby. I’m a little disappointed about all the changes but I’m sure it will be worth it. I’m trying not to think too far ahead or I get overwhelmed ๐Ÿ˜‚

Post # 41
375 posts
Helper bee

Hello all. Back again. I am 5 weeks tomorrow and starting Tuesday this week I have had menustral like cramps in my back and the front area to my left. Is this normal to any of you guys? No bleeding at all except occasional brown mucusy stuff. Yuck. This wouldn’t be implantation because I got that very early on at 2w4d. I am naturally paraniod this is ectopic (my first pregnancy). It just hurts danggit. 

Post # 42
242 posts
Helper bee

konablend :  I have had tons of cramping. Doc says it’s normal! Your body is getting ready to hold a baby ๐Ÿ˜

Post # 43
14 posts
Newbee

konablend :  I also feel like I have mild period type cramps but my doctor confirmed it’s expected. I just got blood drawn for a third hcg, and they prescribed me Zofran. Anyone have any experience with it?

Post # 44
234 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

So excited to join!

How old are you and partner (if you want to share)? 31/38

How far along are you? 4 weeks and 3 days

Estimated Due Date? July 13th

What baby # is this? 1st

How many cycles trying? 26 total I think, with one early MC after 6 months

When did you get your BFP? Yesterday, I stopped POASing quite awhile ago

Who have you told? Just my husband and my RE

When do you plan to tell other people? I’d like to not tell anyone until 12 weeks, but Darling Husband doesn’t like to keep anything from his family, so we decided a long time ago to tell immediate family around 8ish weeks after we see a heartbeat

How did you tell your partner? I just told him I had something for him and gave him a pregnancy test when he got home from work

Any symptoms? Sore boobs (that’s what tipped me off, they lasted a lot longer than normal), a little fatigue and I think a little nausea, but not bad

What are you most excited about? Everything! I’m terrified because it’s taken so long and we have had a MC

When is your first appointment? Haven’t made it yet, we’re moving in a few weeks so I need to find an OBGYN. I’m still under the care of my RE, so I’m having more tests than usual. I did a beta and progesterone draw today, then have another beta, thryoid, and prenatal panel on Saturday.

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Yes

Post # 45
242 posts
Helper bee

bunny0307 :  good luck with the wedding planning! I’ve heard a lot about Indian weddings a being a huge, long party! I’m sure before or after baby would be great either way.

cbn8787 :  welcome!! I felt like my 11 cycles was forever! Waiting for a baby and the major life change is soooo tough! Glad you finally got your BFP

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors