July 2020 POAS

posted 2 weeks ago in TTC
Post # 152
807 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

View original reply
@anonybee345:  I’m late on the replies here but I was also on BC for 15 years before trying for my first, and it took my body about 7 cycles to regulate.  I did not try vitex but I did do acupuncture in that 7th month and finally had EWCM, ovulated at CD18 instead of CD25 like I’d been ovluating, and also got pregnant that month.  Sometimes it’s just about your body needing to get back to what it does without the presense of hormones (I know the studies say birth control doesn’t impact fertility, just sharing my experience that I noticed a change in my cycles and then was able to get pregnant).

Post # 153
68 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@chicagold:  That is really helpful to hear! I feel like all my previous doctors had been like you can get pregnant right away because there is no impact! Plus one even said I might be MOST fertile in the immediate months off of BCP, which definitely (hopefully lol) was not the case. The nurse practitioner I just had the appointment with basically said that anything you put in your body will have an impact so it can definitely take time. That totally makes sense, and I’m not sure why other doctors have been so nonchalant about it in the past! My other friends from high school and I all went on the pill around the same time and were all told that we would have no issue with fertility. Now two of us are TTC right now and facing similar problems, and the other two are having different womens health issues…we all feel that we wish we had been more informed. (Also, I definitely would have stopped the pill way sooner…alas.) This is is my 7th cycle so I’m hoping things are moving in a better direction at this point. I did ovulate on CD22 this time which is my best yet…lol. Anyway, thanks for sharing that you did find success after more time off BCP! 

Post # 154
3194 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Oops posted in error 

Post # 155
807 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2015

View original reply
@anonybee345:  Yes!  I think when you look at the studies and numbers there’s no change in fertility but at least for those of us tracking cycles, I’ve noticed a big change over time.  I’ve had my period back for 13 cycles now since having my son and even then I noticed it took some time to get back to my “normal.”  Those first 6 cycles I was still ovulating on CD25ish, and then 6 months into it something shifted and I was back to CD16-18 ovulation and much more EWCM, and longer luteal phases too, by a few days.

I know what the science says, but also know what my body is like after tracking for 3 years!  And sometimes it just takes time to get into your groove.  I also wished I had gone off BC earlier when I was TTC for #1, and I hope this earlier ovulation for you was the first step to you getting to your “normal” cycles!  I also very much support supplements, I do credit the herbs I took with acupuncture in stimulating an earlier ovulation.

Post # 156
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2019

View original reply
@BirdyBe: I hate it too!! I get the symptom spotting, if there’s just a random twinge in one of my boobs I’m like, “is that something?!”  I keep thinking, just hurt already! 

View original reply
@somathemagical:  Yes I’m 8DPO!!

Thanks you, ladies! It was quite the temp spike, so I’m a bit more hopeful today! 

Post # 157
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Unfortunately it’s looking like July is not going to be my month! I’m on CD 34 (with IUD removal on CD 10) with no sign of a period. BBT PLUNGED between CD 24 and 30, and is now back on its way up again! I know it can take months to regulate post-hormonal BC but it’s been tough to have no idea what my body is doing. On the bright side, 2 of my work friends and one of my besties are also in this position so we’re all riding this strange rollercoaster together. 

Post # 158
2113 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
@somathemagical:  I really sympathise. I had a similar situation with my close friend a couple of months ago. It’s so hard. Be kind to yourself!

Post # 159
2113 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

View original reply
@BirdyBe:  Thanks. I think at this point I have to accept it’s most likely AF. It’s hard to be sure though because AF has been so light for me since I gave birth. 

I’m planning to test at the end of the week to be 100% sure it’s ok to drink wine at the weekend but I’m expecting a BFN. 

Post # 160
798 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

View original reply
@somathemagical:  haha love the BIO!! We can’t handle the BIO 😂

Post # 161
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2019

Your age/ partner’s age: 27/30

Baby #: 1! 

Current Cycle Day/ DPO: CD 9

Ovulation Date: approx 7/5 

POAS Date: approx 7/19

Usual Cycle Length: 27-28 days 

Cycles Trying: this is the first! 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): charting/bd timing, prenatals , just seeing what happens and feeling nervous/excited 

Trying anything new this month: n/a 

Link to your chart if charting: n/a, using femometer thermometer/app

For fun: What is your favorite self-care activity? Reading 🙂

Post # 162
705 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Tomorrow is July!!!! Good luck to everyone; my fingers will be crossed for us all!!! Sending good vibes ♡

Post # 163
272 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

Trying not to symptom spot in the 2ww is harder done than said I’m finding 😂 I know I’m only 7 dpo and it’s too early for symptoms the last few days but my mind has been running wild.

Post # 165
107 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: City, State

View original reply
@Audrey2:  I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

View original reply
@beeinghopeful:  I have been crampy but I’m always crampy so it’s hard to tell but my boobs aren’t even a bit sensitive I keep jabbing them to make sure I must seem mad!

View original reply
@cb2020:  welcome and good luck

View original reply
@somathemagical:  whooop July here is BFPs all round 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors