July 2021 POAS

posted 4 weeks ago in TTC
Post # 271
575 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
@SoundOnTape:  ttc really messes with your cycle! I don’t know if it’s the sperm contact messes up your hormones or just the fixation on ttc that causes stress but I always get weird cycles whenever I ttc. First time round, my extremely regular 28 day cycles suddenly became 34, 35, then 36 day cycle. Luckily we conceived month 4 because who knows where that would have ended! Then we ttc for one month in March and my period randomly started on cd23. 

View original reply
@Redholix:  I could have feasibly ovulated cd11 and just missed the surge, but I had no ovulation symptoms. We typically begin BD around cd7 anyway and carry on until about cd20 so we shouldn’t have missed it 🀞

Post # 272
575 posts
Busy bee

It’s been quiet here lately! How are my fellow end month POASers doing? I’m on cd18 and entering the most boring week of ttc! 

Post # 273
502 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

View original reply
@marriedbliss:  πŸ™‹‍♀️ CD17 here – and just carrying on my normal daily life πŸ˜‚ I’ve been super exhausted since Sunday (Saturday?) but other than that, nothing too much to write about 🀷🏻‍♀️ I’ve been diligent about taking my prenatals just in case, but I still drink my morning coffee, eat chocolate, stay up late, rough house/run around with my toddler…etc 😬 

Post # 274
575 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@Redholix:  hello cycle buddy! Oh yes, normal life happening here too. My toddlers daycare has shut this week due to covid cases so life is hectic trying to do my job on top of that! I don’t change my lifestyle during the 2 week wait either, life’s too short to be giving up cocktails every 2 weeks! 

Post # 275
185 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

5dpo here. This tww is going so slow. I am bit upset we didn’t keep bding after o day for insurance but I was afraid of the spotting. 

View original reply
@marriedbliss:  our nanny just gave notice and we still have 6 weeks till my DD’s daycare opens. So we are trying to figure out how to work and childcare. It was much easier having no childcare the first shutdown because she was a year old and taking two naps. This one is going to be a struggle for sure.

Post # 276
37 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@marriedbliss:  I’m 9DPO and it feels like the days have slowed down. I’m just here trying not to stress about our home renovations. It’s been going on for 7 months due to covid lockdowns and our contractor is having some issues with one of his suppliers. I really don’t want to be dealing with renovations for the rest of the year πŸ™

Post # 277
575 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@SoundOnTape:  ohhh nooo that sounds annoying! It’s tough when they drop naps. Mine dropped all his naps at 18 months and never looked back 😑 it’s definitely a struggle and you never feel like you’re getting it quite right. 6 weeks will be OK though. Is it summer where you are? 

View original reply
@kayc18:  9dpo is so close to test! Oh renovations are hard! We just finished our final home renovation project thank god, it’s so disruptive isn’t it! Seven months is such a long time. The effects of covid are insane. I don’t know if its the same where you are, but here material costs have gone through the roof and it’s so expensive to renovate right now. 

Post # 278
185 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@marriedbliss:  omg no naps?!? How do you survive??? I am in the US so it is still summer. Muggy as all get out today. I am hoping these 6 weeks fly by. The bright side is we can isolate better if there is an outbreak near us.

Post # 279
502 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@marriedbliss:  
View original reply
@SoundOnTape:  Also a working mom here πŸ™‹‍♀️ Though part-time, so I tend to work during DD’s nap time + at night. DD’s never been to daycare – and at this rate, she’ll go straight to pre-k/kindergarten without much interaction with anyone outside direct family 😬 

DH’s been working remotely for over a year now, and while I much appreciate him being able to pop in for 5 mins here and there to help out during the day, I am so so so sick of cooking 3 meals a day, everyday (and constantly thinking about what to cook, what to feed, what to buy, what to use….)

I have no idea what I would do once DD decides she doesn’t want naps πŸ™ƒ lol

Post # 280
356 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Redholix:  I feel your cooking pain, am a working mom (currently working 2 jobs, one full time, one part time, but luckily WFH, and will finally be back to only 1 in a few weeks). I am so damn tired, with the cooking, the cleaning, minding of DS, and now tracking everything while TTC. Is snorting coffee safe, it feels like a good idea ahahahaha. Luckily my DS is in daycare but it’s still a lot to manage!

Post # 281
502 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@mrswannabemomma:  I never knew cooking was not really my thing until I was forced to cook every single meal! It didn’t get easier with time & experience – just worse. Now that DH and I are vaccinated, we have been getting take-outs from time to time, but DD doesn’t like take-out food πŸ™ƒ So I end up cooking something anyway. I can’t wait till she goes to school and can get cafeteria food πŸ˜‚ Wish coffee worked for me – I drink one cup in the morning, but out of habit. It doesn’t do much. And if I drink more than one, I get a migraine 🀷🏻‍♀️ Sigh

Post # 282
502 posts
Busy bee

I POASed today at 7DPO. Not even FMU and on a cheapie stick, not FRER. BFN, as expected – why do I do it still? lolol It’s like the definition of insanity πŸ˜‚

Post # 283
356 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Redholix:  Yeah take out food generally isn’t an option for us either since DS has an egg allergy, so we worry about cross contamination (he’s also not a huge veggie eater, so vegan options aren’t ideal, especially when my hubby also doesn’t eat many veggies!). Same with the coffee I only have 1 a day, or a migraine. Instead of a morning person or night owl, I am a form of perpetually exhausted pigeon hahahaha! 

Post # 284
185 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@Redholix:  We are in pretty similar situations! I negotiated to be WFH part time when I went back to work after Mat Leave. Which was a whole 3 weeks before covid shut everything down. I have set hours though so I need someone to watch her for about 3 hours a day. The two other are during nap. My husband has also been home since March 2020. He goes in twice a week now but the rumor is that they’ll go back full time soon. I am not looking forward to that! Its so nice to go to the bathroom by myself!

I was really excited about daycare so my poor child could have some social interaction. But now I am crazy worried because our area just had a huge jump in cases. Even if that wasn’t a worry the RSV summer season is another anxiety trigger. I know she’ll get sick but not struggling to breath get sick, you know.

I feel you on cooking. The mental load for making sure a two year old eats a wide range of food and not just chicken nuggies is large! We do HomeChef right now so its three meals a week I don’t have to plan.

Post # 285
575 posts
Busy bee

For nap time, we just kept to the same routine even though he stopped napping – pyjamas on, room darkened, storytime and into cot – now a toddler bed. But we now call it quiet time instead and it’s an hour or so where he stays in his room and plays with toys, reads books and relaxes. Because he’s always done it, he’s fine with it.  We notice he get cranky at the end of the day if he hasn’t had quiet time. That’s my hour of free time a day… I used to work part time after coming back from mat leave but now I have a full time job and it’s hard!! He’s only in daycare for mornings because it’s expensive lol, so that hour is a godsend! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors