(Closed) July 27, 2013 Planning Partners

posted 8 years ago in July 2013
Post # 17
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Also a date twin. I finally have all the vendors booked and the big stuff planned. I am just waiting on my friend to finish up our invitations. Now for all the small(er) details:
Hair
Makeup
Shoes
Jewlery
Gifts for BMs
Gifts for parents
Wedding licence
Transportation planning
Book the dog into a kennel (not looking forward to that one)
Organize candy bar
Finalize details with florist, decorator, & musician
Pick vows, readings, etc. for the ceremony

Post # 19
350 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Mz Izzie:  Oh girl, I’m feeling the crunch but I’m doing everything I can to just relax! I have to finish all the centerpieces this week…a lot of DIY shennanigans haha. Other than that, I’m saving all my money for final payments and trying to plan a good wedding pre-day!

Post # 20
300 posts
Helper bee

Hey date twin here, late! haha

So much left to do…argh

Post # 21
23 posts
Newbee

So I’m a little late to this thread… but all that you guys had done two months ago was impressive! I feel like I still have so much to do.

I have done:

venue booked

officiant booked

person making the cake (family friend)

my dress, veil, and shoes

BMs’ dresses

photographer (almost booked, need to mail a deposit)

invite designed (need to order and send out within a week or two)

photo book ordered to be used as our guest book at the wedding

There’s still a lot to do, and I’m terrible at details so I feel like those are going to creep up on me….

Also, side note, my date by my name says July 20th, but I haven’t since changed it to the 27th and I don’t know how to change that on here. ha ha.

Post # 22
461 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Mz Izzie:  and to all the other july 27th ladies!!!

I have felt so productive this past week. I ordered shoes, which I pray fit and feel comfy for me. I now have an addiction to DSW online. i seriously wanted to order every pretty shoe in my size. (which has been tough since i’m a 10-11 wide but love dsw for their selection).

Let’s see what else, went to Men’s warehouse and selected tuxes for the men. I let my FH pick what he wanted, and of course he wanted to be in a color vest but we put him in a solid blue and the other men will be in a similar blue/silver. We of course picked a bad time to go because every teenage boy was in the store picking up prom tuxes.

We also picked out our rings. FH picked a lovely tungsten black comfort fit band, and i went with a little something non-traditional. My engagement ring didn’t come with a matching band and the way it is set, nothing traditional was looking right with it. So together FH and I picked out a light blue gemstone band that really highlights my engagment ring but says hey i’m a wedding band too. I will eventually though have to look into getting the wedding band reset cause it’s sterling silver and I want my band to last my entire lifetime.

My maid of honor finally tried on her dress, and thankfull it fits. Just need to find the girls some cami to put under the dress and their outfits are done/

Today I’m working on music selection for the ceremony and looking at honeymoon stuff. I can’t believe how time is flying now that we are getting closer!

Post # 23
733 posts
Busy bee

Time is definitely flying by now that we are past the three month mark. Especially since I am a teacher and I am also counting down the weeks until summer (6!). I have my first dress fitting tomorrow which is exciting and then my bridal shower is on sunday! I am pretty much done everything else for the wedding though. The last two weeks have been all about invitations. I have them almost all addressed and stuffed. I should be finishing up this week and then I will send them out on May 20th. I can’t wait to start getting RSVP cards back. The seating chart is what I am most stressed out about. 

Post # 24
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I have had the most productive weekend so far! I finished my AMAZING invites (all DIY by the way) finalized our rehersal dinner location, figured out my center pieces, finshed my program plan and even found the shoes for myself and the bridemaids. We also started AND finsihed our registry and updated our wedding website. It is becoming rel now!!! Getting excited! I really need to post some pics of my goodies. I am pretty proud of my DIY projects 🙂 You can check out our site for a teaser at least! http://www.taylor-lenny.nearlyweds.com

Post # 25
25 posts
Newbee

I’m joining in!  I keep telling myself that I’ve been keeping on top of things and I’ve been super low-key up until now, but now that there are less than 2 months to go I’m starting to panic!  Invitations went out a week ago and we’ve already had a few RSVP’s–it’s getting real, real fast!  Major things left to do, some of which can’t happen till much closer to the date: figure out ceremony readings and vows, gifts for family and bridesmaids, figure out where we will be getting ready the morning-of, who is driving us around and in what on the wedding day, what the heck we’re doing for our rehearsal dinner, place cards, finish centerpieces, seating chart, marriage license, make travel plans to get to the wedding, honeymoon plans, timeline for the day-of for getting ready and photographs in multiple locations prior to the ceremony, make our wedding cake, music selections, and about a million other little details. I think most of my panic comes from the fact that we’re getting married 1200 miles from where we currently live, and we’ve only visited there once since we picked our venue and set our date last summer.  So it seems like the logistics of everything have been 10 times more complicated than necessary.  We had to change our ceremony venue two months ago and that was a giant stressor since we couldn’t actually visit any other locations and had to just make a decision and hope for the best.

The closer it gets the more excited I get though!!  We’re almost there!

The topic ‘July 27, 2013 Planning Partners’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors