(Closed) July 27, 2013

posted 9 years ago in July 2013
Post # 17
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Yay date twins!   We have our reception venue, church and my dress.   I have appointments with a florist and photographer.  I’m so nervous about costs for those.  They seem like money pits. But important money pits. 

What made those of you who picked photographers pull the trigger?

Post # 18
350 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@CBetta Bride  Price was a big factor when I chose my photographer. But the biggest one was how he edited the photos. I didn’t want the ‘crazy’ editing because I want to look at my wedding photos and remember it as if I was still there.

Post # 19
69 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@CBetta Bride  

We just signed a contract with our photographer! We were shocked at the prices of the photographers in the area in comparison to the quality of the photos they produced. In the end, we found this great (as it appears!) photographer who just moved to VT and is working this year as a first photographer at several weddings and will be a second shooter at several others already booked this summer….she’ll have about one year of experience here in VT before our wedding, and i think her photos look beautiful – for $450 for unlimited hours! Once we found her, we signed the contract right away, didn’t want to miss out! Maybe try to search for someone else in a similar situation?

Post # 20
72 posts
Worker bee

We booked our photographer and florist!  I’m so psyched.   They were both perfect and I feel really comfortable with handing over responsibility for our big day to them. Whew!  What a relief!  Thanks for the advice!

Post # 21
2 posts
Wannabee

Wow! You ladies are on top of things!! I am a date twin as well. We have booked the church, reception, and…. Yep, that’s all.  Need to get my butt in motion I guess!

Post # 22
350 posts
Helper bee

Almost officially at the year mark, ladies!!! Are any of you guys doing a “pre-wedding” anniversary date?? Fiance and I are going to do dinner and drinks and hit some golf balls at the driving range and then call it a night with an ice cream cake!

Post # 23
72 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@Jessy727  Yep!  We called it our -1 anniversary and went out to dinner and a wine bar.  It was really fun!  

Post # 24
25 posts
Newbee

I’m 7/27/13 too!  We just signed our contract for our reception venue, and I think we’ve settled on the ceremony site.  Dress shopping starts next week, and I’ve been looking at a few options for photographers online but they are so expensive in the area that I’ve been hesitant to really get serious about anyone.  I thought I was on top of things but it looks like y’all are way ahead of me!

Post # 25
1070 posts
Bumble bee

I am also a date twin! So excited

Post # 26
310 posts
Helper bee

Hello all you date twins!

We’ve booked our venue (which includes the catering, cake, and linens).  We’re having a friend who’s big into photography take our pictures.

We’re having a DJ friend do the reception.  We’ve also put down a deposit on a string quartet.  I think we’re going with the hotel florist, but that’s not 100% definite.  We’re doing a sightseeing tour after the reception (our reception ends at 5), which will give the out-of-towners a chance to really see the nation’s capital (yay for living in D.C.).

Let’s see…what else.

Oh yes…We’re driving several hundred miles in two days to pick up my gloriously beautiful wedding gown.  I can’t begin to express how excited I am!!!

ETA: I’m going downstairs right now to put my STDs in the mail. 

Kiss

Post # 27
18 posts
Newbee

I am also getting married on July 27th, 2013 in Boston. We have our venue booked, but clearly we are behind the ball! Looks like I need to get a Photographer and florists! I tool have choosen the peacock color scheme, since I love jewel/vibrant colors. I can’t say I love planning a wedding and told my fiance, things better work out because I am not do this planning thing again!

Post # 28
56 posts
Worker bee

We’re also getting married 7/27/13 in Seattle! We are both students in Boston right now (and his family is from IL), so we did a lot of planning before school started. We already have our venue/officiant (the church I grew up in has a beautiful hall attached to it), photographer (JennyGG), florist (local grocery store), cake (Renton Technical College), my dress (Bermeo by Pronovias), the DJ (DJ Yanni), and the caterer (a family friend who owns a catering company).  My mom has been really helpful with everything, and has gone to appointments I obviously can’t be at.

The hardest decision so far? Stationary!

Post # 29
547 posts
Busy bee

Hey date twins! I feel so behind – you girls are way ahead of me! All we have is the venue, our photographer and my dress. Eek! I guess I have some work to do… Undecided

Post # 30
4 posts
Wannabee

Hi!  I am also getting married on July 27th, 2013 in Wisconsin!  Have venue, officiant, photographer, wedding dress, live country band/and DJ music sound services, bridesmaid dresses, caterer and much more!  Too exciting to plan! 🙂

Hardest part… Bridesmaid dresses!  Can’t please everyone!  We are getting married in a Barn with a rustic-country theme.. 🙂

Post # 31
350 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@SSmars  Oh bridesmaids dress searching!!! I’ve come to the whole “whatever style you want just in this exact color” with all my bridesmaids. Good luck with your search!!

The topic ‘July 27, 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors