(Closed) July 27, 2013

posted 8 years ago in July 2013
Post # 47
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
@pearlycivic:  You’re not able to taste it before the wedding?? That does not sound good! Have you already put your down payment? My cousin paid her payment, tasted the food, hated it, and then lost the deposit but went with another venue. For you, you will remember how beautiful your wedding day is and how wonderful it is to finally be married, but your guests will be expecting food. However, it could be that the other weddings just didn’t pick a menu that is suitable for various tastes.

I would question not being able to try the food beforehand. 

Post # 48
3 posts
Wannabee

I am yet another July 27th 2013!!

Super excited for us all!!

Post # 49
350 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Nessafly:  Aww welcome! And what an adorable picture!

Post # 50
239 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@pearlycivic:  My wedding is July 27th, 2013 too! I’d say to keep the venue if you really love it! That’s what people really love and remember most I think. I try to think back on weddings I’ve been to in the past and I can’t remember if I cared about the food or not, all I remember are the good times like chatting, dancing, and of course the bride and groom! No one is going to your wedding for the food! =)

Post # 51
350 posts
Helper bee

6 more months!!!!

Post # 52
461 posts
Helper bee

Haha I just sent my FH a text saying that in 6 months, we’ll be husband and wife. Haha I really need to start planning a little more. THis month has flown by. But I am so ready for this. yay!

Post # 53
128 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@Jessy727:  I took a few months hiatus, and now I am ready to plan the fine details! I will need some back facials from all the stress of work and trying to balance a life while planning a wedding Tongue Out

Post # 54
128 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@pearlycivic:  Definitely do a food tasting and comment or ask if they can make changes. Food isi is important! They should be attentive and cater to your requests. 

Post # 55
128 posts
Blushing bee

I am debating whether to change my last name or not, but leaning towards yes so that my future children will have the same last name. Anyone not going to, and if so, why? 

Post # 56
469 posts
Helper bee

My date as well! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 57
350 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@mmmk:  Yeah I’m all like “What life?” over here! Between working overnights at a hospital, planning a wedding, AND maintaining a clean/orderly house with a dripping-oil mechanic I have no time for those facials!! Haha. I wouldn’t have my crazy life any other way:) And on the note of changing your name, I’ve been back and forth myself. Settled on taking my maiden name on as a 2nd middle name. FI’s heart would be broken if I didn’t have the same last name as him. (Note:When I do take on his last name my first and last name will rhyme. Like a bad nursery rhyme character. Eep.)

Post # 58
733 posts
Busy bee

I agree with having no life. I am a first year teacher, plus planning a wedding, and taking care of a house. I am constantly busy and stressed out. I can not wait until June when school gets out. That is when I will have time to relax. I will need to spend lots of time laying outside in the sun getting my skin ready for the honeymoon so that I don’t burn to a crisp!

Post # 59
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

View original reply
@pearlycivic:  

Don’t worry about food opinions. The Venue is more important in my opinion. You can’t please everyone. We picked a stuffed pork chop option for one choice and I though the catering mamnger was going to pass out. She kept repeating how that wasn’t a traditional choice….so what!?! We loved it, most of our family/friends eat what we eat and there is a second option anyway. 

My point is, people will complain no matter what you do. Go with what you love! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 60
795 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013 - Four Rivers Environmental Center

Happy 150 days / 5 months everybody! The fi and I will be celebrating by going out to dinner tonight! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 61
588 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@jymdrw:  oh my goodness, I cannot believe how close we are getting!!!

The topic ‘July 27, 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors