(Closed) July 27, 2013

posted 8 years ago in July 2013
Post # 62
161 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@jymdrw:  Happy five months to you too!!!

Post # 64
161 posts
Blushing bee

i’ll start by saying, I’m working on my diy fabric bouquet and i’m still not done..LOL.. FYI its time consuming but worth the money.

also we still have a lot to pay on the wedding.. Havent ordered my dress quite yet but i know what it is… I still have to get the centerpieces ordered,  send invites, ( save the dates went out in last two weeks), Find Shoes and acessories for bride and maids…

so yeah, we have a lot to do ladys ( well at least I do LOL)

Post # 65
461 posts
Helper bee

haha my FH sent me an email saying only five more months to go and I was like huh, what are you talking about. Finally clicked and I was like wow he must be excited to email me that. haha

Ummm my save the dates finally have postage on them and go in the mail tomorrow. WOOOHOOO THey have been sitting on my table since december. I’m slow.

I need to start looking for ribbon and broaches for our cake, fabric for my veil (my Future Mother-In-Law is making it for me!), need to contact the pastor to see when he wants to start our marriage talks, Future Mother-In-Law is working on our programs.

I also want to settle on an idea of how to remember my dad who passed away a few years ago. It’s such an important day for me and I always dreamed of my dad being the one to walk me down the aisle and to have that father/daughter dance and all that jazz but I can’t. So I want to do something at the ceremony and the reception to remember him.

I can’t believe how time is flying. I can’t wait to marry my best friend.

Post # 66
161 posts
Blushing bee

@jatelynn:  I can’t wait to marry my BFF too!  I find so sweet and important that you want to remember your dad.. are you going to use like a picture of you too on your bouquet? There so many ways to remember some on your special day.. I’ve seen ladies place a Bible on the chair and reserve it for their loved one an decorate their spot at the reception too… Good luck to you in your decision though

Time is really flying by

Post # 67
351 posts
Helper bee

@jymdrw:  happy 5 months!!! Enjoy your dinner. Fiance works tonight so we will celebrate in spirit haha. 

@rds2013:  Oh boy I still need to book a cake baker and rent a dance floor and a stage for the wedding party. But as of now, every last bit of money we make for the next two weeks are going towards paying off our Honeymoon! After all that is done it is just save, save, save to be able to make final payments to vendors by July 17! Lucky enough for me, Fiance and I have been engaged a year and a half so far so I’ve had a bunch of time for everything else! Post pics of your bouquet when you are done! I’d love to see it!!

Post # 68
733 posts
Busy bee

I am leaving for my big meeting and menu tasting with my wedding coordinator in about 20 minutes!! I am so excited ๐Ÿ™‚ It was supposed to be done at the 6 month mark, but this was the earliest we could work out a time with our busy schedule. We are going to go over everything I have done since last July and make some major decisions about a lot of the aspects of the wedding. I can’t wait!

Things I plan to do this month:

– Menu tasting and meeting with coordinator

– Passports

– Bridesmaid or Best Man Dresses

– Cake Tasting

– Register

– Pick Invitations

It is going to be a busy month!

Post # 69
161 posts
Blushing bee

@Jessy727:  OMG!!! i completely forgot about the cake! i have a idea, but we haven’t week cake tasting yet, cheapist vendor i ‘ve found is like 1.75 per slice.. so i’ve been looking around trying to get at least 1.50 per slice ๐Ÿ™‚ … but i completley agree every dime we have has to pay off honeymoon first then wedding..

Post # 70
161 posts
Blushing bee

@MrsMath:  OMG passports!!! forgot those too!

Post # 71
588 posts
Busy bee

@rds2013:  I feel like I am right on schedule with everything…I think haha.  We haven’t done any tastings yet for food or cake.  We are DIYing our invites.  I started that process last month and have so much left to do! I haven’t done my hair trial yet either. I am glad we are good on timing because we may be moving across the country in the next month….I’m sure that will slow the planning down and the income!! AHHH I am so stressed about that!

Otherwise I have my dress and a ton of alterations already done, I have my shoes and accessories. My bridesmaids have all ordered their dresses and those should be in Early May.  We have met with the priest once and done pre-cana, we have one more priest meeting.  We have the entire ceremony planned out.

Sometime this month I may start ceremony programs….

Idk! I am a mess of stress right now due to the moving situation and being out of work for a little because of it!

Post # 72
161 posts
Blushing bee

@jlpalumbo:  you sound like you’re going at the right pace , my maids have their dress.. grooms are doing there own thing closer to time.. i havent done hair trials either, but i have done make up though.. i’m a diy bride too

Post # 73
588 posts
Busy bee

@rds2013:  I forgot we have the groomsmen stuff picked out but not all have gone in to get fit.  My Maid/Matron of Honor is a makeup artist and is doing my makeup, she lives in Cali so no trial until much closer.

Post # 74
161 posts
Blushing bee

@jlpalumbo:  thats good!! since i dont want Fiance to see dress, he wont let me see his tux/suit ๐Ÿ™

Post # 75
588 posts
Busy bee

@rds2013:  That would stress me out!!! Ahhh My fiance has the type of personality that he would get the most outrageous tux available if he knew I had no say haha I would fear his choice!!!!!!

Post # 76
161 posts
Blushing bee

@jlpalumbo:  it stresses me out too but he wont let me be in on it.. and he wont let me be in on his entrance song either!!! pray for me fellow bee lol

The topic ‘July 27, 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors