(Closed) July 27, 2013

posted 8 years ago in July 2013
Post # 77
733 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@rds2013:  I don’t really have too much say in the suits for the men either. Fiance is in his Best Man’s wedding in May. They are both just going to buy a suit for his wedding and then wear them for our wedding too. I am okay with the picture they showed me, but who knows what they will end up buying. They are going on a guys trip in April to get them.

Post # 78
795 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013 - Four Rivers Environmental Center

My dress just came in, and all of my girls are buying there dresses. I mostly just need to work on some DIY stuff still, but waiting until we are closer for a lot of it!

Post # 79
351 posts
Helper bee

@rds2013:  Giiiirl how are you finding 1.75/slice in St. Louis?? I’m in central Illinois and the cheapest I can find is 2.30/slice. I have no choice but only order one with 100 servings for my 200 guests. Mostly because my sister (wedding was last March) had massive amounts of leftovers because no one ate her cake. And thanks for reminding me I need to get OUR passports ASAP!

@jlpalumbo:  Agreed with FI’s fashion sense. I had to go with mine to pick them out and stop him twice to tell him he was going out of the ‘color range’. I’m sure we all know about colors so close they clash and that was the train he was on. That and for some reason I haaaaate white tuxes and that’s what he wanted because it’s what his best friend wore. I would of died because my dress is IVORY. We would have looked crazy up there!

Post # 80
161 posts
Blushing bee

@Jessy727:  i’m in st. louis mo, place called www.weddingwonderlandcakes.com/

Their cakes look nice and they are actully 1.85 per slice, must have went up on prices since last yr

Post # 81
161 posts
Blushing bee

@MrsMath:  that’s cool.. I told my fiance our colors are champange blush and ivory and i told him i want him to wear a light tan (khaki) color, so hopefully he doesnt pull a tacky color tan LOL

Post # 82
461 posts
Helper bee

@rds2013:  sadly there aren’t too many pictures of my dad and i together. But one thought is definitely to put a picture of him in a locket that will hang from my flowers. I definitely want him somehow to walk me down the aisle.

I’m looking for an old shirt of his, i’m hoping my mom still has one, and i plan to sew a piece into my dress and maybe make a hanky for me and my mom out of it.

Reception wise, I think a picture of him and anyone else that is near and dear to us and in heaven but i don’t know.

Post # 83
161 posts
Blushing bee

@jatelynn:  sounds like great ideas!

Post # 84
351 posts
Helper bee

@jatelynn:  I saw a really cute idea on Pinterest for loved one’s who have passed where they put an 8×10 picture of where they would sit at in the pew/chair at the ceremony. Kind of representing that they are present, if not in a tangible form.

Post # 85
351 posts
Helper bee

Hope everyones planning is going well!! My final thing to do (ordering cake) is happening on Saturday and then I am DONE!! Probably going to be the best feeling ever:) Saturday is 19 more weeks ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 86
161 posts
Blushing bee

Happy Four month mark!!!!!

Post # 87
795 posts
Busy bee

@rds2013:  I didn’t even realize! Oh boy! ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 88
161 posts
Blushing bee

@jymdrw:  Time is flying!!!

Post # 89
795 posts
Busy bee

@rds2013:  I know! I got my invitations in the mail today! I have to order the RSVPs next paycheck, since I wasn’t sure I would like the printing vendor I used. But they came out great! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 90
26 posts
Newbee

I’m a bit late joining this thread, but my fiance and I are also getting married on July 27, 2013!

Can’t believe how fast time is flying!

Starting to worry about all of the things I’m probably forgetting to do… we have most of the big stuff done (ceremony and reception venues booked, officiant booked, photographer booked, dress bought and currently being altered, invitations done, wedding rings purchased)… but it seems like the “to do” list is never-ending.

We’ve been planning our wedding from halfway across the country, so it’s been tricky!

I guess our next steps should be to:

-write/plan our ceremony

-register (I keep getting so nervous that we’re going to be too late to register! we still have time, right?)

-find people to do my hair and make-up

Any other tips/advice/things I’m not thinking of? Thanks!

Congrats to all of you – my date twins! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 91
461 posts
Helper bee

@khbh:  First congrats! It seems by this thread its going to be a busy day for a lot of us brides. I cannot wait.

I would say you are fine that you have registered yet but I would do it soon. We registered a month ago due to me having a shower this past weekend. Most of our stuff is no longer available at the store, so we have to go through and re-do it here again soon to add more stuff that is now available. Stock changes with the seasons so you have time.

Meanwhile, I am starting to freak out that I am far behind. Im still trying to decide if I want to vistaprint my invites or try making them. I don’t know how we are going to decorate our reception space (it’s a friend of the family’s backyard). Just so many little things that I haven’t done yet. Plus my dress hasn’t come in yet, I’m worried it won’t fit and then trying to find a cheap crinoline for it and a bra and a reception dress. AHHHH…haha I just want to say I do and be married to my best friend but so many little things to do before then.

The topic ‘July 27, 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors